• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

cheaper than Dirt no longer Military Friendly!

paramil

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2011
So this morning I was e-mailed by a fellow shooter who is serving in the greatest service in the world, the United States Marine Corps. He is currently serving in the sandbox and receives his mail through and FPO/APO address as most overseas mail is delivered to service members overseas. I guess from his e-mail to me, he ordered a few add ons for his M4 rifle and got this reply from Cheaper than Dirt:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Dear XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent order. We appreciate your business and your service!

Unfortunately, we do not ship to APO and FPO addresses. We will either need a physical stateside address to ship the order to or the order will need to be cancelled.

Please indicate below the physical address you wish your order to be shipped to.

SHIP TO: _____________________________

The processing of your order has been suspended pending your response to this request. Please advise us within 7 business days from the date of this letter by contacting us at (800) 421 - 8047, Monday through Friday, 7:30 am - 7:30 pm Central Time or Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 am - 5:30 pm Central Time. You can also send an email to [email protected]. We will be pleased to return your order to the process flow for shipment as soon as we hear from you.

Thank you for ordering with Cheaper Than Dirt and we hope to serve you soon!

Sincerely,

Cheaper Than Dirt!
Customer Service Department</span>

And since I was given permission to also post his response I will also do that here.

<span style="font-weight: bold">
Sir or Ma'am:

I was surprised to receive your e-mail this morning stating you no longer ship to APO or FPO addresses. I have on several occasions ordered from Cheaper than dirt and have my orders shipped to my FPO address. I also do not understand that if your policy states you cannot ship to FPO addresses why these options are still on your website. Further I don't understand why you, a military surplus website will not ship to military servicemen overseas. This is all a huge shock from a company I have been ordering from since I was a teenager. My HOR address is as follows and it is where I ask you ship this order if you cannot provide it to me at my residential address overseas while I protect your freedom to do business.

XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX

Because of your NEW policy and the way you have chosen to due business I have decided this is the last time I do business with cheaper than dirt (CTD). I will glad fully pay more for the goods I desire from other retailers that are more military friendly and will ship to me overseas where I do business on Americas behalf. Semper Fidelis!

XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX,
SGT USMC</span>

I to will no longer do business with CTD. their prices are not really that much cheaper if at all cheaper in some circumstances as other websites for military surplus. Thought it was worthy enough to post here being i am sure enough of you shop there as well. I am not telling you to follow my lead as far as boycotting CTD, but you should know the views of those whom you are placing your orders with.

Re: cheaper than Dirt no longer Military Friendly!

I love the response and CTD should be ashamed..... Dubt that they are but they should be.

Well worded response. If their recent stunt hand't cemented my resolve to not buy there again, this would have.

Just one more reason in a SEA of other reasons to avoid CTD like the @#$%ing plague.

Whatever happens politically, I sincerely hope everyone remembers what CTD did and is doing right now! I can only hope they fold like a card house after this frenzy is done with.

I sent it to everyone on my list. I did a copy and paste of the whole post and sent it out as an email. I HAVE been doing a few hundred dollars in business with them the past dozen years.

Any mention of CTD to me is like waving a red flag at a bull !!!

I still remember when,during the first "Obama Scare",they were the ones that led the charge to boost prices through the roof.

I would slide down a 100' razor blade on my asshole into a pool of alcohol before I ever spend a cent with Cheaper Than Dirt !!!
mad.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would slide down a 100' razor blade on my asshole into a pool of alcohol before I ever spend a cent with Cheaper Than Dirt !!!
mad.gif
</div></div>

Don't sugar-coat it, man. Tell us how you really feel.
wink.gif

We learn things about character when a there is a crisis or perceived crisis. I believe we have seen the character of the owners of CTD.

take a look at their site this afternoon.
AR mags are going for $99.99 each. will never spend a penny with them again.

I haven't bought from them since the 2008 gouging bullshit. I can't say I've found any reason to change that.

Sorry they're boning you.

I'm sold on not doing business with them from now on. They usually lose their morals past a certain size anyway.

They are off of my vendor list.Only bought from them a few times anyway their prices weren't that cheap anyway