• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheek Rest

AndyMan87

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2008
Wyoming
I've recently purchased a 700P and mounted a PR 5-25 with badger USMC rings. Can anyone recommend a good cheek rest for this setup? My cheek on the stock is about 3/4 of an inch to low for a good eye-scope alignment.

Thanks

Re: Cheek Rest

I used the Kydex Adjustable cheek rest by Karsten on my Savage 10FP. It was easy to install, just drill two 1/4" holes in the stock then slap it on. There was a really good instruction page on another "sniper" site that helped at the time with the install. (http://www.snipercentral.com/karsten.htm) I'm sure there are others, I bought that one at usarmorment.com for $60. Reminds me, I need a lace on one for my Enfield.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Karsten cheek piece.</div></div> you bet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AndyMan87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've recently purchased a 700P and mounted a PR 5-25 with badger USMC rings. Can anyone recommend a good cheek rest for this setup? My cheek on the stock is about 3/4 of an inch to low for a good eye-scope alignment.

Thanks </div></div>

How close is the bell of your scope to the barrel of the rifle? Just thinking that your rings may be a little high.

Anyway, there are several ways you can go, including the Karsten kydex cheek piece. They do require you to drill 2 holes in your stock, thus permanently modifying it. No big deal, but some folks don't want to go that route.

The other think you can do is to get a stock pouch/pack (like the Eagle, etc.) and then add some additional material (foam, old mousepads, etc.) under the pack to get you to the addt'l height you need.

The bell of the scope including the butler creek cover is about 1/4" above the barrel. I would have gone with seekins low rings but they were out of stock when I ordered, and I still would have needed a cheek rest anyways.