• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking For "universal" cheek riser Recommendations

Gbear19

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2023
MI
Good Evening, I recently installed a Grayboe Renegade stock on my Remington 700. I know I could have purchased one with a riser built in, but I did not like the style/could not afford at the time. I love everything about it except I need to raise the cheek comb. I would like to avoid drilling into the stock. My current setup is a piece of foam that Leupold uses in their scope boxes and some ace bandaging. With that being said what are some of your guy's recommendations for the best cheek bags/sleeves?

Attached is a picture of my current setup.

Attachments

• Cheek Riser REM700.jpg
    Cheek Riser REM700.jpg
    595.4 KB · Views: 73
You can make your own but roughing out a pattern on a piece of kydex. Heat it up at 200 deg. in an old toaster oven for a couple of minutes 'til maleable. Cover your stock with a damp cloth to protect the finish and (while wearing gloves) form it over your stock, pressing it to the stock until it hardens a bit. Finish the shape on a belt sander.
Fix in place with some adhesive-backed velcro on the stock and on the finished kydex piece. You can stack strips of foam under the kydex piece if it makes it easier to get the height adjustment you want.

I've made all manner of cheek rests from PVC pipe, Kydex, velcro, foam, tape...my advice is to spend the money on a quality piece.
Exactly, I figure this will last a year or so before I have to replace foam/bandage.

You can make your own but roughing out a pattern on a piece of kydex. Heat it up at 200 deg. in an old toaster oven for a couple of minutes 'til maleable. Cover your stock with a damp cloth to protect the finish and (while wearing gloves) form it over your stock, pressing it to the stock until it hardens a bit. Finish the shape on a belt sander.
Fix in place with some adhesive-backed velcro on the stock and on the finished kydex piece. You can stack strips of foam under the kydex piece if it makes it easier to get the height adjustment you want.
Interesting, I've never messed with Kydex. You ever do Pistol holsters with kydex?

I appreciate all the input. Leaning more towards the Triad because of the storage.

XLR cheek riser for their chassis fits many stock widths. This is an HS Precision. Uses epoxied in stand offs for mounting.

I’ve installed about 15 of them. I have a few spares I keep around.
IMG_0657.jpeg