• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Cheek Rest

skep_tic1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2007
NC
Hey guys. John Lewis with Carolina Precision Rifle is currently building me a rifle. I had requested a karsten cheek piece in the original order but he can't find one. I guess they are all out of stock. Does anyone have one of these they'd be willing to sell me or can someone recommend an alternative to the karsten? I know its not going to be the end of the world if I can't get my hands on one before he finishes the rifle as I can always add something like this myself later. But......

Re: Cheek Rest

tape some foam on the underside of a nylon stock pack.

once you get it built up the way you like it, the stock pack slides off and on when you need to remove the bolt from your rifle, and it's in the exact same position when you put it back on.

If you look in my signature..
all it is is pipe insulation covered with a stock pack.

Works like a charm and is fully adjustable.

DSC_0058.jpg

i had trouble finding one also. Go directly to the karsten website. He will reply promply. Sometimes you can find them on ebay.Have mine going on an M1A. That pipe insulation is a bloody good idea.