• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheek riser

Crschnei

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2019
Hey guys,

Have a question that I’m hoping someone has some insight into. I currently have a Hogue Overmold stock on my LRP-07 and I am trying to find a cheek riser for it. I have done quite a bit of searching but unfortunately have not found anything. Do I just need to bite the bullet and pick up a different stock that has a higher cheek weld or the option of a rise? I appreciate all help.

like this
16 something at midway or different ?

Cheek eze has some stick on ones that might work and another is God'a Grip and they have ones cut for specific stocks. I had one for a B5 Sopmod and don't recall it leaving a sticky residue when I took it off.

I'm a newbie here. But I needed a cheek riser on my rifle to go with the cheap junk scope mounted a mile high that I'm borrowing from a friend while I wait on my Razor HD gen2. I decided to try making my own as I've seen online. Its comprised of sections of pipe insulation and 3M vetape wrapped by my RN wife ?. Stenciled with metallic sharpie. Total cost ? Like $7

Depending how high you need it, I really like the triad tactical stock pack. Stays put very well.
Also would recommend the Triad. With the amount of velcro straps they send with it there is quite a range of adjustment. Much more comfortable then the kydex riser I've had.

Reactions: Idaho-5R
If you're into drilling holes, I used a Kydex one, HERE. I'm not always a fan of the drilling holes but on the right stock its acceptable. This kit was well put together and strong. Good bolts, thick Kydex, Adjustable. I put it on a cheap Savage plastic hollow stock. I first filled the but stock with Bondo and Lead shot to weight the rifle the way I wanted. The bondo fill made the flimsy plastic stock act more like a solid wood one, the plastic couldn't deform when I tightened the through bolts.

Build your own with closed-cell foam and duct tape. You'll be able to fine tune it to fit you perfectly and it is something that's good to learn/know. If you want to run a stock pack, then you just account for the thickness of the stock pack as you build it up.

Guess I'll go Foursies!!!! Triad Tactical stock pack, or stock pad (without pouch or shell loops). I love mine, & have one on nearly every rifle I own!!!!! Very adjustable, & very comfortable....... Idaho-5R

Reactions: IowaGeologist
Well damn! Lol I’m going to go with the Victor for the gasser but going to probably throw a Triad on my bolt gun. Thanks again!

Reactions: Triad