• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheek Weld on M1A

mnjm

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2005
Alexandria MN
Don't post often, usually just lurk, but I just purchased a National Match M1A and can already see that its going to be a problem getting a good cheek weld on the standard stock. How have you guys solved this? I know I can add foam and tape, but was wondering if anyone made a decent stock pack like Eagle that would accept a good amount of foam underneath? I've got an Eagle on my .308 bolt gun and it doesn't look like it will accept much material underneath it on an M1A. I'm not really looking to put a new stock on quite yet, although the JAE and Sage's look nice.
Thanks

Re: Cheek Weld on M1A

I use Desert Warrior products adjustable cheek piece on my M1A's. It works for any height scope. It's not for those who do not want to drill a couple of holes in their stock though. I am a function over form guy.

I got a leather strap-on stock riser for my M1A from Cabela's for about $30 that works pretty well.

I put a Karsten on mine, but it came with the synthetic stock, so drilling holes wasn't too harsh of a decision.

I fold a SAM semi-rigid splint into a comb shape, then 100mph taped the crap out of it down to the stock. After that I wrapped it in camoform tape. Pics to follow.

DSC00178.jpg

I picked up this check rest from Fulton a number of years ago. It's been adequate for about the last 10 years...

DSC00159.jpg

On my wifes when we had it, we went with the coyote brand suggested above. For optics we used an ARMS mount leupy PRW rings and a MK 4 3-9 with M1 turrets. the combo was as low as possible but we still needed a thick rest. The construction on the coyote is fairly well although we never abused the crap out of it to test it. There are different color varieties and no permanent modifications are needed. It is priced nice enough and would by one again if I was to do a similar set up.

Thanks Guys, there's some great options, leaning towards the Fulton Armory cheek piece...it includes 3 different heights. Will be putting a Zeiss 4.5 x 14 on it with seekins rings. Will post pic's when its all together

I have the Fulton and it has performed nicely and I can just undo the Velcro and shoot the irons.

More like A chin weld,some of the above pads are ok,for a cheapy get by look at the voodo tactical pad for $20,if your gonna make one it needs to around 1.5 inches thick/high ymmv

I have the fulton armory with interchancgable pads ant its good. I heard Smith Ent. has one out thats good too. I dont see why a Karsten cheekpiece would do well.