• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Cheekpiece install this AM

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    Finally at a point where I can finish this bugger up. Got the big work out of the way, now onto cutting out for the wheel.

Just a few pics.

DSC_0081-1.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0082-1.jpg

Re: Cheekpiece install this AM

I smoke.
    I like a Mojito or glass a wine now and then too.

Don't really give a shit what anybody thinks about it either.

My house. My rules.

Nough said?

Please post some pics when the cheek piece is installed. I am curious as to why the aluminum part is mounted into the stock at an angle? Thanks...Dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ogreshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nuff said. Is that your cheek piece riser? And can that be installed in a Bell and Carlson stock?

Jason </div></div>

It's all ours. I make all of this in house. Nothing really special about them. The cheekpiece is quick detach. It'll pop right off the stock and reinstall w/o losing the height setting.

Bronze bushings are diamond honed so the pins run nice and silky smooth. Machined steel wheel with lots of little holes and whatnot to fend off a little weight.

Dunno if it'll go into a B/C stock or not. Don't work on them much.

Chad, is this the same setup that you're going to put on my m40?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Angle? Not following what you mean. It's parallel to the side of the stock that the wheel goes on.</div></div>

I see that now and that makes sense. I would have thought it would have been centered in the stock. Now I am thinking that if it were centered you would need a really big wheel also that the aluminum piece can't be parallel to both sides. Keep up the good work! I really enjoy reading your threads and other gunsmiths. I like to know how things go together. I have been gathering the parts to send you for the build I pm'ed you about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I smoke.

My house. My rules.

Nough said?</div></div>

wow, someone is in a nice mood. Make a tongue in cheek comment and some people get defensive.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w9ySCcnoo3c&feature=youtube_gdata_player"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w9ySCcnoo3c&feature=youtube_gdata_player" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I like it a lot...looks real nice.

I've wished several times my rifles had an adj cheek piece but they add a pound(just guessing) and it all adds up when you're trying to keep your weight down.

Wonder if one could retro-fit a Manners?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I smoke.

My house. My rules.

Nough said?</div></div>

wow, someone is in a nice mood. Make a tongue in cheek comment and some people get defensive. </div></div>

You are just making friendly comments all over the board aren't you JCH?!
    wink.gif

KY do I need to remind you of what I think about your opinion?

Always enjoy seeing photos of work in progress. Thanks for taking the time to do so. As you noted on the ship machine shop thread, one doesn't see people making things much anymore.