• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chevy Colorado ZR2

gunjunkie45

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 28, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Anybody have one? If so how do you like it? My old beater Dodge is experiencing electrical problems and it's time for a new truck. Love that the ZR2 has 4 wheel locking diffs. What sayeth the Hide?

I had a 99 blazer version that I liked alot. Was a mean little machine.

I have one and love the damn thing! I'm a Ford truck guy, but, the "Baby Raptor" never made it state side. Mine's the diesel and have had no problems with it( just under 50k on it). Bought it NIB in '17 and got a good deal on it. Averages 27-28mpg (the higheast was 31mpg), if I keep it under 75mph. I've been out West with it, twice(Nevada) and at 80-85mph, we would get 21-22mpg. Rides good, for a mid-sized p/u, has plenty of room(I'm 6'2" and 270lbs. and wear a brace on my Left leg/foot). Tow cap. is only 5k due to the shocks, more for off-road, than work, but, it does ride nice on and off road. IF you want a "speedster", get the 3.6L V-6 gas motor(drove both), if you want a "puller", get the 2.8L "Baby Max". It works for me. Hope this helps. Mac(y)
    ETA: Yeah, those frt/rr lockers come in handy(had an '04 Jeep "Rubicon" with em)!

Last edited:
    Reactions: gunjunkie45
    I have one and love the damn thing! I'm a Ford truck guy, but, the "Baby Raptor" never made it state side. Mine's the diesel and have had no problems with it( just under 50k on it). Bought it NIB in '17 and got a good deal on it. Averages 27-28mpg (the higheast was 31mpg), if I keep it under 75mph. I've been out West with it, twice(Nevada) and at 80-85mph, we would get 21-22mpg. Rides good, for a mid-sized p/u, has plenty of room(I'm 6'2" and 270lbs. and wear a brace on my Left leg/foot). Tow cap. is only 5k due to the shocks, more for off-road, than work, but, it does ride nice on and off road. IF you want a "speedster", get the 3.6L V-6 gas motor(drove both), if you want a "puller", get the 2.8L "Baby Max". It works for me. Hope this helps. Mac(y)
    ETA: Yeah, those frt/rr lockers come in handy(had an '04 Jeep "Rubicon" with em)!

I have 2 different 2020 Bisons near me that are going for 9k under msrp. End of model year sales. I think I'm going to get one of them this weekend.

If it's a good deal, go drop some money on it to save it.
    Around here, anyway, there are vehicle shortages.
    We had 2 vehicles sold on us as we were looking at them.
    Best of luck

I hated the back seat of the colorado and it rode like a lumber wagon. Even in crew cab form, it was uncomfortable and barely fit my dogs. I went with a new tacoma and my only complaint is that i wish it got better than 22mpg. TRD off road has a rear locking diff and is more reliable than the colorado (i work at a GM dealer so that's saying something!)

The truck market is 'tarded right now, nearly double-digit thou under MSRP for a ZR1 Bison is pretty good.

I had a 2016 Colorado LT Crew Cab, very good truck, definitely not your daddy's S-10 or first Gen Colorado...ended up trading into a Silverado 1500 to better tow a travel trailer as the Colorado could do it competently (and CAT scale tickets had me under GVWR, GCWR, and tow capacity loaded for a weekend with family in the truck) but the 3.6L was just out of smash at 65mph on gentle rolling hills.

SFk42dz.jpg

A buddy of mine has a ZR2 with the 3.6L V6 -it's a nifty "little" truck (OK, not so little by the classic definition of a compact truck). If it fit my needs, I'd buy one in an instant, and a discounted Bison would really get my attention. The thing easily handles any off-road situation that I'd voluntarily encounter in a $45k pickup. The suspension also works really well on real-world roads.