• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheytac 308 verses AI AE MKII

dropd57

Private
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2004
CT
Recently I took a few shots with a Cheytac 308 and was impressed with the out the box accuracy and how comfortable it was to shoot. I've yet to get behind a AI(AE MKII), so can anyone give a comparison of the two? I believe they are at the same price point.

Re: Cheytac 308 verses AI AE MKII

I'd go with the AI AE mkII. In fact, I did twice. TacPro probably still has some mkIIs for around 2900.

What about the Cheytac?

They are good shooters. Shot one out in Idaho. We'll be shooting one this weekend up in Ledyard.

Rob01, have you been able to compare it to the AI? If so, which one do you favor?

No I haven't but I don't think you could choose wrong with either.

How does the Cheytac compare in cost? I have a price from MileHighShooters for a new AIAE but just don't know much about the 308 offering from Cheytac.

Interested.

Sorry if I'm ressurecting an old thread, but I'm quite interested in further discussion of a comparison.

I can't speak on the CheyTac, but a search on Gunbroker and Google shows zero examples of CheyTac M300 .308s on hand and ready for sale, nor pricing anywhere on one.

On the other hand, Accuracy International has been building rifles for decades, and has rifles in use pretty much everywhere but Antarctica. There are tons of reviews all over the Hide and the internet on the AE MkII: http://www.8541tactical.com/AIAEMk2%20article.php and you can order one and have it shipped out to you tomorrow.

At the end of the day it's up to personal preference...but if you look at what people are saying, the answer's pretty clear.

What's the twist rate on your 243 again? Is it capable of stabiizing the 115 grains?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the twist rate on your 243 again? Is it capable of stabiizing the 115 grains?</div></div>

I believe they should be 1-in-8". Can't speak on the 115 grains, as I've not shot the .243 much, and don't have any experience on the loads for it. You might want to talk to Stacey on that one.