• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

chinese armored division

skep_tic1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2007
NC
I had dream last night that a Chinese armored division rolled into my home town and started going door to door taking and killing anything they deemed a threat. If you had a gun you were killed on site. I ran back inside and hit my knees praying for God's mercy because I had very much guns. One young Chinese soldier came to my door and knocked. I let him in, he immediately saw my stock and his eyes got big and ROUND! He started talking to me, and in very plain English he told me that he had been to the US and that he longed to be free and that I should use what I had to fight for it. He turned to walk back out the way he came in. In that instance I thanked God that he had sent a good man to my door because to be sure after I had seen what I had just seen in the street I knew there couldn't be many men like him in his division. I said to him "wait" and when he turned around I gave him a ka-bar and then he left. When he got back outside he declared my place empty but he showed off the bit of loot he had stolen. That night I took my go bag, my two rifles, ammo and a few other things and slipped into the woods on foot.

It was a real feeling dream to me. I had to get up and look outside actually. In the dream I only had my two bolt actions and a little ammo. It seems my subconscious decided for me that the bolts were more valuable than any of my multiple AR's.

Comments?

my thoughts on this:

"It seems my subconscious decided for me that the bolts were more valuable than any of my multiple AR's."

======================

At one time, when I was younger and worldly 'clue-less' and that HISTORY was just a 'skool' story, I believed this country was 'outta' reach for the scenario you dream about!

But now I am not so sure! Plus, I do not think the biggest threat is from the OUTSIDE. Look at the lawlessness that has taken place via natural disaster's; divide and conquer politic's...social liberalism uprooting individuality, forced economic re-distribution. Most think Lincoln was a great president, in some regards so do I. But the issue of slavery was declining and the State's had a right to succeed...just as those who succceeded from the social, political and economic and religious persecution in England and Europe...and settled on this continent.

And even now there a some states wanting to succeed again: we gonna have another SHERMAN'S MARCH THRU THOSE STATES..?

=======================================================

Consequently I've been having similar thought's along the same path as your dream!

So which firearm's do I put together:

A)
Handguns: semi-auto's or simple single actions?

My choice single actions.

B)
Rifle: semi-auto's or bolt's, pump's lever actions...?

My choice bolts, levers, pump.

C)
Ammo:
.22, 38/357, 40, 44 mag[rifle handgun combo potential here], 308, 30-06, 5.56/.223.

D)
Ammo: short mag, whisper, 204, 257 etc for me these calibers are <span style="font-weight: bold">NOT</span> on my list...

My choice: .22, 38/357, 40, 44 mag, 308, 30-06...maybe 5.56

E)Shotguns..

My choice: 870 12 & 20 gauge or double barrels...no semi's here.

-------------------

Still defining and refining this SHTF MUST DO'S...

Re: my thoughts on this:

I'm not going anywhere; I already am where I'd like to be when the balloon goes up.

There are plenty of places in this country where a person doesn't need to feel embarrassed to own personal firearms. If you don't live in one now, you really do need to move soon. Not only are the powers that be getting uppity, terrorists prefer higher population densities as well.

Forget about going "all Ted Kaczynski" and living somewhere in a shack in the deep woods. Not necessary, just quietly work your way out of the 'hood now, while time is still on your side.

When there's only one traffic light in town and you can step outside your door and not hear sirens, you're there...

'S what I did...

Thing of it is, it doesn't matter whose door gets knocked on first. None of us around here would cooperate with any of that crap, and we'd all go down together, if needs be.

Heck, they got smart and changed opening day to a Saturday. Otherwise the schools around here would all be deserted.

God bless America. This part, anyway...

Greg

PS, It does take a village to raise a kid, and not a big city. Mine are here.

You have guns, that's good. What about food, extra gear like additional cold weather gear, water purification, and alternate means of power and cooking, not to mention keeping cash on hand if the power drops and you cant use credit/debt. Things won't just fall apart, you have to be able to make it through the transition...

Seems to me like your original question was why did your mind choose the bolt guns verses the anything else that you own. The mind is a tricky little bugger and not always rational, but you can't keep secrets from it, it knows all that you know. My best guess on why it went with your 2 bolt guns would possibly be the cost or time/training you have with them. There is a higher value to your bolt guns than anything else. You'll have to figure out why exactly that is. Just my .02 good luck!

Mos, my 7.62mikemike and my maker can provide all that you speak of...... I think the means, the faith and the will is the most essential part.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Happy Trigger Finger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems to me like your original question was why did your mind choose the bolt guns verses the anything else that you own. The mind is a tricky little bugger and not always rational, but you can't keep secrets from it, it knows all that you know. My best guess on why it went with your 2 bolt guns would possibly be the cost or time/training you have with them. There is a higher value to your bolt guns than anything else. You'll have to figure out why exactly that is. Just my .02 good luck! </div></div>
==========================================

Great question and my consideration for choices is the repair/fix/maintanence factor. For the most part single actions -imho- are realatively bomb proof same for bolts vs semi-auto....

Re: chinese armored division

Sounds to me like someone needs to lay off the spicy Szechaun delivery Chinese after 8 pm ...

It takes a community to survive.

Sure you can "run and gun" all you want, but what about your wife, mom and dad, your kids, grand kids??? Anyone have "more" than that?

What about if your at work??? How far do you live from your family?

I'm sorry, but I won't have a clear conscience if I don't at least try. Its easy to think you can pull off the lone gunman if you don't have family, or close friends that Deserve Your protection.

And no matter who you are, or what you are, you do not have enough knowledge to supply everything you need for the long haul. Sorry, but if you think so, your a kid.

There's too much to post on what would be needed to post here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skep_tic1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mos, my 7.62mikemike and my maker can provide all that you speak of...... I think the means, the faith and the will is the most essential part. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Sounds to me, like your the kind our Community has trained to defend Against.

You think your going to walk in here with all your guns and take MY Families food??? Come and get it....</span>.

I absolutely will not march in and try to take. However, I may bring something to give. A "lone gunman" is not my mind set at all. It was just a dream that came out of no where. Thats why it shook me. In no way was it meant to imply what I think could or would happen. If anything is showed me how immediately ill prepared I am.

We all are, and I only meant to "shake" the ground a bit with my reply/quote, no offense taken, or meant.

I would only like to see more folks "think" about what it would take to survive, and not on a short term basis. When I think of Survival, I think in terms of Lifetimes. I have children, and I think of them, when it comes to Survival. Their lifetimes.

Think of something as simple as shoes. Can you make them? Sure, moccasins work, but ever try and shovel dirt with a soft soled shoe?? Hurts like hell, and not very effective...

Just a simple little example, don't take it for much, but THINK, what else/where else could we go with this?

Like I said, it take a Community. Who do you want in yours?

Obviously you...... I'm ready to take down the coordinates. Go ahead and call them out.

Chinese Armored Division...so how did they sneak up on you?

ROFLMAO_001.jpg

MGM is undergoing Chapter 11 restructuring.

After recently receiving a new line of credit, the studio is proceding with the 23rd <span style="font-style: italic">James Bond</span> motion picture, and <span style="font-style: italic">Red Dawn</span> is one of 3 already completed motion pictures currently rescheduled for 2011 release.

Earlier announcements of the movie have reportedly engendered some displeasure across the Pacific, as the story has been rewritten to portray China as the invading country...

Greg