• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Choate tactical stock front rail question

futurerider103

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2011
Springfield Mo
I just received my stock and the piece that goes in the rail for the bipod or sling or whatever doesn't lock in or anything just slides and doesn't look like it's supposed to lock or secure.
Is the way the adapter functions when you tighten the bipod down it pulls the adapter into the rail making it secure?

Last edited:
Exactly right.
I had to think about it myself. You would think that they would put a piece of paper in the box explaining how it works.

They are a pretty damn good stock. I used the cheek riser from the ultimate varmint stock to get a better cheek weld.

Mine has a kydex adjustable cheek riser. I bought it used from a member here for a good price uploadfromtaptalk1391955586249.jpg

I was thinking the same thing since I can see where the bipod was skidding before. I was already thinking the set screw idea as well. Kinda sucks it won't work as intended from the factory

Last edited:
That piece slides in the rail with the idea that your bipod when secured to it will hold it in place. It will not. I drilled and tapped mine for two small set screws. They lock it in place so the bipod will not slip with recoil.

Yeah, the idea is that bi-pod will keep it in place. Mine stays, but it is much more than hand tight. I like that set screw idea.