• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Swivel stud to arca rail adapter.

Maelstrom

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2007
Southern Maryland
I have a couple hunting rifles that have sling swivel studs on the front of the stock. A couple of the rifles are set up with pastic stocks (Ruger American) as well as a several .22 rifles (Marlin Model 60, Rossi Rio Bravo, Savage Mark II). I have seen the Warne adapter that will convert the sling swivel stud to a picatinny rail but I am looking for something that will convert it to a Arca rail. Most of my bipod are set up for arca rail. I have tried searching because I thought I had seen something on here a while ago but can't find anything now.

Can you replace the sling swivel with a screw that holds a 2” piece of arca?

I have used Tee-nuts in Ruger plastic, Hogue, and other plastic and wood. Do you have a drill press? That makes it easier as you need trim the ribs in the plastic stocks or inset in wood like the Manners/McMilian stocks.
Don't. have any photos as I would have to take a gun apart to show. I may have a spare Ruger 77/44 I can photos later to show placement. It's not that hard. The internal ribs were set perfectly to drill and set the rail.

This isn't Arca but shows how you can install one. I drill through the center of the cross rib and counter bore the front sling hole to fit the tee-nut. This is a Ruger 77/357 with rail installed, spare 77/44 stock with nuts. Same stock.

Attachments

• IMG_2744.jpg
    IMG_2744.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2745.jpg
    IMG_2745.jpg
    844.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2746.jpg
    IMG_2746.jpg
    573.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I just did this one last night. Thought it might help you. Tikka veil plastic stock. I used 5min epoxy and added 1/2-3/4” of epoxy to the ‘pockets’ in the stock to basically act like a big buffer, and strengthen the stock where the T-nuts are.
I had to play with the spacing a little, so to not affect the bracing in the stock. I think it turned out pretty solid

IMG_5130.jpeg
IMG_5129.jpeg
IMG_5127.jpeg

I have used Tee-nuts in Ruger plastic, Hogue, and other plastic and wood. Do you have a drill press? That makes it easier as you need trim the ribs in the plastic stocks or inset in wood like the Manners/McMilian stocks.
Don't. have any photos as I would have to take a gun apart to show. I may have a spare Ruger 77/44 I can photos later to show placement. It's not that hard. The internal ribs were set perfectly to drill and set the rail.

This isn't Arca but shows how you can install one. I drill through the center of the cross rib and counter bore the front sling hole to fit the tee-nut. This is a Ruger 77/357 with rail installed, spare 77/44 stock with nuts. Same stock.
I don't have access to a drill press currently. Unfortunately most of my tools were damaged in a recent electrical fire that sent my detached garage/shop up in flames.

I don't have access to a drill press currently. Unfortunately most of my tools were damaged in a recent electrical fire that sent my detached garage/shop up in flames.
You don’t need a drill press. You need a drill, 3/4” spade (or forster) bit, 1/4” drill bit….that’s about it.

The same night i did the tikka stock, i added t-nuts to a manners stock just like the video below, for a full length arca rail. It was easier than i imagined.
Area419- Adding T-nuts to Manners Stock

For my tikka stock, using the epoxy, the t-nuts locked in the same.