• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Choosing a scope for PTR 91

HK MaNiaK

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2012
Hey everyone, I have ran into an issue of what type of scope to put on a ptr msg91. I was going to go with a nightforce but learned the size I wanted was way to big and would get in the way of the charging handle locking back. Im basically looking for the most powerful optic I can get that will work with it. Ive read 44mm lens is about as much as you can go on a 91 & clones, but the the problem is I cant find a good mil/mil scope thats at the 44x and doesnt cost 3g and my limit is about 2g on a scope. Anyone know of good scope for this type of rifle in mil mil spec and good out to distances of at the most 1000 yards maybe but mostly 500-700 yards

Re: Choosing a scope for PTR 91

I've used a SWFA 3-9 on my HK91 which is good for steel at the ranges you mention. These are tough rifles to scope succfully. Since I got my LMT MWS the HK is just gathering dust in my safe.

I don't have much experience with the HK scope mounting but I'm sure people here will chime in who have done it before.

I say get a bushnell LOL JK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USO 1.5-6 or their SN3 1.8-10 or ST-10 with a 37mm ERGO objective.
</div></div>

Im really diggin the SN3 1.8-10x37 its right at the very limit of my spending and is that quality im looking for. I noticed some vortex scopes but idk its just me it wont feel the same as a nf or uso quality, its like buying a Mercedes in africa for 5g its the same look as a 30g benz but the inside just isnt the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HK MaNiaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USO 1.5-6 or their SN3 1.8-10 or ST-10 with a 37mm ERGO objective.
</div></div>
its like buying a Mercedes in africa for 5g its the same look as a 30g benz but the inside just isnt the same. </div></div>

Yeah they are!LOL Honestly I think you should go with something like a SWFA SS 3-9x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - SS39X42MQ. They have FFP and seem pretty good for the price. Can someone chime in and compare the durability between SWFA SS and Nightforce scopes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grizzdude</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HK MaNiaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USO 1.5-6 or their SN3 1.8-10 or ST-10 with a 37mm ERGO objective.
</div></div>
its like buying a Mercedes in africa for 5g its the same look as a 30g benz but the inside just isnt the same. </div></div>

Yeah they are!LOL Honestly I think you should go with something like a SWFA SS 3-9x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - SS39X42MQ. They have FFP and seem pretty good for the price. Can someone chime in and compare the durability between SWFA SS and Nightforce scopes? </div></div>

When you think about it im not getting a hk psg1 im getting a clone the ss3-9x42 seems good and leaves me room to buy other stuff like reloading equipment and tactical gear like a 12 pack case of tacticool bacon
cool.gif