• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Choot em Lizbet! Big Gator from last weekend

charlestondiving

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2011
Charleston SC
www.furniturehoo.com
Got this nice Gator in South Carolina this past weekend.

12' 2" and put up a hell of a fight. 357 between the eyes ended it with authority. Saw some much bigger ones we just couldn't seal the deal on.

gator.jpg

Re: Choot em Lizbet! Big Gator from last weekend

Nice! I seen one about that size yesterday just outside of North Myrtle Beach, SC on a bank at a pond dug for an over pass. It was right beside the road and overpass. At 12'2 for an American alligator that's big! If you saw bigger ones they must have been monsters!

Nice! What'd it run on the scale; somewhere around 650lb?

A couple friends of mine zapped a little 9 footer recently. I'm pretty jealous of the stuff that SC has available to hunt.

Nice going Rob. Mid coastal's got some monsters. Did you get him with the crossbow? I haven't seen any that big in Southern Coastal yet this year. Lots of gators, but none over 10'. It's getting close to the end of the season, so I may settle for a smaller one.

How many pounds of meat do you get from a gator that size?? What would his live weight be?? And if you don't mind stupid questions. Does the female grow as large as the males??

I like your title. That is one of my favorite shows on TV. They seem like good people to me. Thanks, Tom.

Choot, Choot Lisbet, Choot!!

Gotta love Ol' Troy!!

He saved us 15% on our car insurance by switching to giecko.
smile.gif

The processor wasn't sure how much meat they would get but estimated 150 pounds. some gators have more fat in their tail then others and all the fat must be cut out since the fat tastes bad.

Hunted again last night but the big ones were no where to be found. If you ever have the chance to get in on a hunt do it. It's a ton of fun.