• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CHPWS RMR plates are JUNK and their customer service is just as bad

Came very close to getting their plate for my M18 but was somewhat frustrated by their use of a Glock rear sight and a Sig front sight. Found Bobro Engineering with a built-in rear sight at suppressor/co-witness height and they even had a recommendation for a front sight height. Easy. The thing fit like a glove, borderline interference fit, literally perfect. Had it all up and running in three days including shipping.

I have not had any issues with Bobro but their customer service is great. They helped me out when I needed to swap rings on my scope mount. I never know they made pistol plates until earlier this week. I found TangoDown plates for my Sig P320 and am waiting for them to arrive. I wish I had found this thread earlier and I wouldn't have wasted as much time between my top 3 choices (Springer was runner-up).

Reactions: raider1v1
I had some issues with their m&p 2.0 core / 509T plate, that were unacceptable to me. The customer service, however, was helpful and attentive. But even after personally verifying, in hand, that the 2nd and 3rd plate looked good (while I was on the phone), they sent me 3 fucked up plates in a row. The first two were way worse.

I outlined my issues in this thread https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/CHPWS-MandP2-0-509t-X2/4-207053/

here’s a couple pics.
Plate #1 - folded over on the right, and that’s a fuckin hole in the left dovetail

cE1adNU.jpg

gqSvRPc.jpg

8bldDOx.jpg

PLATE #2 - precision MY FUCKIN ASS. There was another hole in the left dovetail, but being black on black, I couldn’t see how bad it was without a flashlight. The top of the dovetail on the left side was connected by a “bridge“ of metal that was as thin as a hair. When I touched it, it came off as easily as a hair.

And again, folded over on the right. This is with a flashlight:

3TgTdwi.jpg

s76VD3d.jpg

After 2 plates, I was so pissed. By this time, I had already wasted 3 weeks. I missed being able to use my duty weapon for an RDS instructor class. Pissed.
They told me they had a new version of the plate coming out in 2 weeks, and they said they would send me one. 3rd plate was better, but STILL had a very small cut/ hole in the left dovetail. Also, it had inaccuracies in the machining, which left sharp edges and a bad taste in my mouth. Now, over a month since initial order, I was sick of dealing with it and figured the 3rd plate was usable, although not perfect. I didn’t get a pic of the slight hole in the dovetail on the 3rd plate, but trust me, it’s there.

3rd plate

bhsp1Hz.jpg

pC0Q0u5.jpg

I will be hesitant to buy another CHPWS plate

Last edited:
Reactions: Curahee19
My mount from them has worked fine because really it is nothing more than a thin engine gasket doing the same thing engine gaskets do, stopping leaks of moisture...in this case from outside in.

I see opportunity with this in that people with their products prone to failure, and I have seen one fail in a class, can get points for if their sight flies off and hits the target. Points will be deduct if you get a red dot facial.