Christensen Arms Ranger 22

Longshot231

Old Salt
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    I'm curious if anyone has the Christensen Arms Ranger 22 and what do you think of it?

BuckeyePrecision

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 18, 2020
    I have been curious about this too. I have been looking for a rifle to shoot in production class at PRS22 matches and that is one of the rifles I have been considering. I know they had a lot of issues with the early runs of them, but from the reviews it seems they figured out the issues and were taking care of the people that had them. I have yet to see one in person so I have not grabbed one yet, but I am hoping I come across one sometime soon.

db2000

Supporter
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 27, 2020
    Sorry I can’t weigh in on the 22 but I had a slight amount of play at the folding joint on my MPR. They emailed an RMA and shipping label within a couple hours of me sending an email and I had the gun back in two weeks from that date. Also they put a new barrel and bolt without me even knowing there was an issue. It shot sub MOA and had approx 600 rds 6.5 PRC down it. They said it “wasn’t to their quality standards”. Hard to beat that.

Longshot231

Old Salt
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    The LGS has these in stock for a little less than $800. I probably would have got one for walking around in the woods and hunting squirrels. However, I already did a major make-over on the Ruger American Rimfire that was into the four-figure mark.

I like how the RAR turned out but the barrel isn't threaded. The Christensen Arms barrel is tempting because I can put a suppressor on it and it takes the Ruger magazines which I have. The Triggertech trigger is a nice addition.

I wish they had a 20 MOA rail on it.

db2000

Supporter
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 27, 2020
    The LGS has these in stock for a little less than $800. I probably would have got one for walking around in the woods and hunting squirrels. However, I already did a major make-over on the Ruger American Rimfire that was into the four-figure mark.

I like how the RAR turned out but the barrel isn't threaded. The Christensen Arms barrel is tempting because I can put a suppressor on it and it takes the Ruger magazines which I have. The Triggertech trigger is a nice addition.

I wish they had a 20 MOA rail on it.
    Not a CA but mine is a tack driver at 50 yd and CCI A17 ammo. Same hole over and over again off a bench. Threaded fluted barrel, with a Sparrow and light scope, it weighs hardly anything. Easy to carry around all day.

Longshot231

Old Salt
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    Not a CA but mine is a tack driver at 50 yd and CCI A17 ammo. Same hole over and over again off a bench. Threaded fluted barrel, with a Sparrow and light scope, it weighs hardly anything. Easy to carry around all day.

I got a Savage B22 and did a major makeover on it. I shoot CCI 45 grain suppressor rounds out of it. It's not as accurate as my RWS ammo but all you hear is a click and the "plop" downrange.

During warmer weather the worse groups hover at a little over 1/2" at 50 yards. The cold weather we've had lately really opens it up.

I haven't weighed it but it's a good guess that it probably weighs almost twice as much as the CA.

Savage B22 A.jpg

Reactions: db2000

Longshot231

Old Salt
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    I found some discussion here on SH about the rifle:

Here is some discussion on other forums and articles:

This gentleman has produced a couple of videos on the Ranger and seems to like it; albeit with ejection problems.

It looks like he sent to the factory and got it back.

Reactions: GoggledIt

Frankr

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Aug 15, 2012
    WEST
    I handled one at the LGS. They had two and the action was super rough feeling.
    I felt it an it was bone dry. I told the dude behind the counter that they might sell them if they lubed them but it felt rougher than my father in laws old savage

love the idea but poor execution.

maybe they should have partnered up with Ruger to put some of their barrels on a River American in a Target stock.

IdealJoe

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 16, 2017
    I just got to handle a new one a friend just bought. Super rough and sloppy fitting bolt. He's having about 30% FTF with good ammo. Very lazy ejection with some that don't clear. He's a very upset customer.