• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Christmas Came Early (SB PMII 3-20x, H2CMR)

Coloradocop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2010
Front Range of Colorado
Sometimes life just gives you those little signs that you ought to keep the girl you've got. My woman was generous enough to get me an awesome new scope today, as my Christmas present: A Schmidt and Bender PMII 3-20x50 scope with the H2CMR reticle! Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked.

It wasn't entirely a surprise, since I went to the store with her to pick it out, but it's still a damn nice gift. I was originally planning to get the P4F reticle, but made a last minute decision to pick up the H2CMR... hopefully I'll be happy with that choice. I liked the simplicity of the P4F design, but figured the H2CMR would make wind holds easier with the 0.2 mil lines.

I've shot with a P4F before, but this was the first time I've ever even looked through a H2CMR.

Now I just need to pick up some rings and get this bad boy mounted
smile.gif
I'd post a picture of my new toy, but haven't yet figured out how to add them on this site.

Re: Christmas Came Early (SB PMII 3-20x, H2CMR)

Damn....does she have a sister? That's a great scope and an even better woman. I love my S&B H2CMR.

Swage, glad you've liked your version of this scope! And, sorry, she's an only girl among brothers... but, if I ever learn of any friends she has that are just like her, I'll certainly point them your way
smile.gif

Tacticalrum, I'll put a good word in with Santa if I see him this weekend.

I really can't wait to get this scope mounted. The only thing that has bugged me about it so far was an administrative issue... The manual states that they (S&B) only offer an "Official legal guarantee period of 2 years (according to the directive of EU)" on the scope. I thought I was told it was at least 20 years, or lifetime. Maybe that pertains only to European customers, but I kind of doubt it. Seems a bit weak that a $3K+ scope would only have a 2-year warranty. Do they typically service their scopes longer than this? Hopefully I just won't need any service on the scope to begin with, hence why I wanted a S&B!

lol you ever want to go back to a p4f let me know i have two i'll trade for H2cmr's. nice pickup man, i have a H2 in my 5-25 and love it

your a lucky man!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coloradocop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing that has bugged me about it so far was an administrative issue... The manual states that they (S&B) only offer an "Official legal guarantee period of 2 years (according to the directive of EU)" on the scope. I thought I was told it was at least 20 years, or lifetime. Maybe that pertains only to European customers, but I kind of doubt it. Seems a bit weak that a $3K+ scope would only have a 2-year warranty. Do they typically service their scopes longer than this? Hopefully I just won't need any service on the scope to begin with, hence why I wanted a S&B! </div></div>

I don't know how typical my experience is, but it would seem their commitment to their customers far exceeds their stated policy.

my experience with S&B service

I am not the original owner and I'm pretty sure the scope is over 2 years old, not that Jerry even asked.

Joe

Damn thats a keeper right there for sure!

Oh she sounds pretty good too
wink.gif

I will receive mine(with p4F ret) tomorrow , but it's a christmas present for me,by me..My wife will give me a pair of socks!
Lucky man to have such a great wife!