• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chronic Lyme disease

Mr Flannel

Self-Licking Icecream
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2006
Australia
G'day guys

Am seeking advice on how to proceed in the face of a recent diagnosis of Lyme disease (plus co-infections) that the Docs think I've had since late 2010.

Was originally (mis)diagnosed with Ross River Virus (a type of arthralgic fever bug that is mosquito vectored down here in Australia), then severe Adrenal Fatigue. Turns out I had the AF but it was caused by the amount of pathogens my body has been fighting for a long period. Anyway, after having my health slowly but inexorably deteriorate and going through hell last year whilst trying to find out WTF was slowly killing me, I've now found the problem. Downside - it's chronic.

Have started treatment (antibiotics and anti-microbial herbs) plus a boatload of supplements to help the immune system/detox, etc. Am only on week 4 of treatment and already feel like Wily Coyote after Road Runner dropped an anvil on him. I'd read about the 'this-shit-gets-much-worse-before-it-gets-better' phenomenon and I'd hoped to avoid it. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Has anyone here had experience with (and recovered from) chronic Lyme? Am seeking advice on how to get through it and what to do in terms of exercise and adjunct therapy in the face of bad fatigue. I know I need to rest but don't want to give up, so to speak.

All advice gratefully accepted.

Cheers blokes

Justin

Lyme disease is no joke! I've had several family members and friends have it. Some much worse than others. I live in Pa which is Red zone (very ) high for Lymes disease. The main carries here is deer ticks about the size a pepper grain! Miss diagnoses is very common. The test widely used to test for it is cheaper and gets higher false negitive. Any who things can get ugly but you can come back from it for the most part. There are doctors in pa that have made it a Carreer dealing with Lyme! There are support groups for it as well. I've had family and friends in them too? Some went false diagnosed for long time, docs can't find anything and just think these people are going crazy? They say they got weird pains and aces, but docs tell them they got nothing. People start getting depressed. But your not alone. Please give me a email and ill get it to someone in the group. Just PM me and keep checking in. If you google Lyme disease and Pa you should get some info there? But I'll get your info to some good people going threw it too. Good luck God bless.

Thanks mate. I have actually found quite a bit of info recently. Lyme is a lot less common down where I am (Australia) and there are the same problems here with getting the medicos to recognise it and getting them to learn how to treat it. Having it is pretty daunting, particularly since I can't work and I've had to stop shooting and strenuous exercise as a result. I often think about people living in the 'red' zones in the US and what that would be like. Imagine catching it, beating it - and then catching it again. Ugly scenario but it could happen.

There's a new Lyme disease association down here as well.

Having taken my friend all over the world, this place is the best for Chronic Lyme......http://floridadetox.com/tag/florida-detox-and-wellness/
You should check it out.

G'day guys

Am seeking advice on how to proceed in the face of a recent diagnosis of Lyme disease (plus co-infections) that the Docs think I've had since late 2010.

Was originally (mis)diagnosed with Ross River Virus (a type of arthralgic fever bug that is mosquito vectored down here in Australia), then severe Adrenal Fatigue. Turns out I had the AF but it was caused by the amount of pathogens my body has been fighting for a long period. Anyway, after having my health slowly but inexorably deteriorate and going through hell last year whilst trying to find out WTF was slowly killing me, I've now found the problem. Downside - it's chronic.

Have started treatment (antibiotics and anti-microbial herbs) plus a boatload of supplements to help the immune system/detox, etc. Am only on week 4 of treatment and already feel like Wily Coyote after Road Runner dropped an anvil on him. I'd read about the 'this-shit-gets-much-worse-before-it-gets-better' phenomenon and I'd hoped to avoid it. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Has anyone here had experience with (and recovered from) chronic Lyme? Am seeking advice on how to get through it and what to do in terms of exercise and adjunct therapy in the face of bad fatigue. I know I need to rest but don't want to give up, so to speak.

All advice gratefully accepted.

Cheers blokes

Justin

Thanks for the suggestion Tom - but unless things get desperate, I'm not going to travel overseas for treatment. The cost is simply too high. Am on a holistic program here but am interested in the experiences of any other members here who have had/have lyme - particularly the mental and exercise aspects of getting through it.

7 years? Sh*t mate - that's a long haul. Still, I know a guy who was diagnosed late last year, after 12 years of being crook. Difficult to count your blessings, I guess. How are you handling it?

Ive known a couple who have it. Nasty stuff. Best of all of you who are dealing with it.

was bit by a tic in Georgia a few years ago in the summer working on some hunting land. pull it off but the head stayed in, by monday i felt like i had the flu ached all over fever, went to the doctor and he loaded me up on steroids and antibiotics. took about two weeks to get over it.

I wish you all the best at beating this but as I see it it's just another small critter in Australia that can and will put a hurting on a person and that country is loaded with them . it's strange to think in my country I look at animals and think wonder how they would taste grilled and slathered with BBQ sauce and in a lot of countries like Australia people are defiantly still on the menu for such tiny little critters . Again best of luck hope you get off light with the complications and the doctors are able to help you .

My sister and MIL both had advanced Lyme that was not diagnosed for years . My sister was on intravenous antibiotics for about six months .
She still has some residual affects and some mild memory loss .
I had Like about four years ago IIRC . Felt pretty banged up for about two maybe three weeks . Was hurting all over and felt like I re broke my foot .
Tested and bam Lyme . Did the antibiotics and assume I'm good .
Good luck as that shit is no joke .

Yes, my mom had chronic Lyme. Doctor who tested her neglected to tell her she was positive. Gave her sick sinus syndrome where her heart would literally stop until she got a pacemaker. Lyme was an example of stupidity of modern medicine. High risk area tick bites can be treated empirically with 3 weeks of doxycycline to prevent it. Chronic lyme is much, much, more difficult to get rid of. For the longest time the Academy of Infectious Disease in the US would not acknowledge it. Likely a bioweapon from Plum Island.

Reactions: Pbgt