• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Chrono 50 BMG

desertHK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2008
AZ
Has anyone at this site done this? What is the safe distance from the muzzle so you don't "blast" the sensor out permanently? I am thinking of about 10 - 15 feet. Stick is Barrett 99. Thanks for your help.

Re: Chrono 50 BMG

Short of a sabot round I cant imagine getting a .50 cal bullet to weigh that little. Maybe it's made of aluminum?
smile.gif

Gotta call BS on that one.

I suppose you could fire a sabot round in a Barrett so there's a slight chance that's what he is talking about I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyle82</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Short of a sabot round I cant imagine getting a .50 cal bullet to weigh that little. Maybe it's made of aluminum?
smile.gif

I suppose you could fire a sabot round in a Barrett so there's a slight chance that's what he is talking about I guess. </div></div>

??

It's not the skyscreens I worry about, it's the computer back at the bench that takes a beating! I have had the battery cover, overlays and digital readout regularly pop out from the blast while shooting. I try to bring a box to put it in for extra protection or keep it farther back on the bench.

WTF???
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyle82</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Short of a sabot round I cant imagine getting a .50 cal bullet to weigh that little. Maybe it's made of aluminum?
smile.gif

I suppose you could fire a sabot round in a Barrett so there's a slight chance that's what he is talking about I guess.</div></div>

There is a set distance that they are suppose to be at. I think mine is 12'. Never had a problem shooting in it with my CheyTac dont think you will have any problems.