• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cigar thread 2.0

My favorite Cuban
As far as Cubans go, the Monte 2’s are pretty consistent. I have several boxes. If you get a chance try some Partagas Shorts and Por Larranaga petite coronas. They are my go to 45minute smokes. I buy 50 cabs of those, the only down side is they need a few years of down time to really shine. I have stocked accordingly because of that.

Reactions: MCSO1357
As far as Cubans go, the Monte 2’s are pretty consistent. I have several boxes. If you get a chance try some Partagas Shorts and Por Larranaga petite coronas. They are my go to 45minute smokes. I buy 50 cabs of those, the only down side is they need a few years of down time to really shine. I have stocked accordingly because of that.
I have had a hard time coming across the Monte #2's of late, my go to is Partagas Series D, No. 4

First time trying one of these. So far it's pretty good. I may get a couple and let them age for a while.
PXL_20210309_210317570.jpg

Downside to Cubans, shitty quality control. Bolivar Royal Corona, evened out ok in the end. Try to ignore my salubrious surroundings.

Attachments

• 06CD0C9F-38F7-489D-BFAA-E5346A2B2F03.jpeg
    06CD0C9F-38F7-489D-BFAA-E5346A2B2F03.jpeg
    395.6 KB · Views: 56
Downside to Cubans, shitty quality control. Bolivar Royal Corona, evened out ok in the end. Try to ignore my salubrious surroundings.
I’ve gotten quite a few disappointed boxes in the past.
Had a box of No #2’s that had almost half rolled terribly.
A good number or royal Coronas and epicures as well with shoddy construction.

But when you get a great one it helps even things out.

Reactions: MarinePMI
I’ve gotten quite a few disappointed boxes in the past.
Had a box of No #2’s that had almost half rolled terribly.
A good number or royal Coronas and epicures as well with shoddy construction.

But when you get a great one it helps even things out.

It’s the first bad one I’ve had in a while. Still a great smoke though. Had an entire box of Cohiba Maduro Secretos that were plugged beyond belief. Sad fact is that most of the respectable new world brands outshine the Cubans in terms of construction and quality control.

It’s the first bad one I’ve had in a while. Still a great smoke though. Had an entire box of Cohiba Maduro Secretos that were plugged beyond belief. Sad fact is that most of the respectable new world brands outshine the Cubans in terms of construction and quality control.
Yea
The quality of domestic cigars FAR out does communist cuban production but that’s not surprising.
They still have that magical dirt though.

This is one that needs to be tried.
excellent cigar
8CDC4B8C-6904-425E-BE23-E23D6E333729.jpeg

OSOK/Rojas collaboration, “Los Tejanos”. Only about an inch into it so far but I can tell there’s some Habano and Maduro in there. Smooth, oaky notes but heavy.
BEA9588E-B6E3-4419-AA26-DC0F5244FDFA.jpeg

How do you like that smoke? I smoked a lot of Romeo y Julieta cigars many years ago but it has been a long while.
R&J was my intro intro into Cubans in the BVI. I have since quit NC cigars and only smoke Cubans. I have several boxes of them. I had the luck of getting the same year and box codes of POU JUN 13. They are some stellar examples of what Cubans should be. If you find any with this date code buy them all!

Reactions: MCSO1357
I’m generally pretty happy with Cubans but I always put them in the humidor for a while. I don’t think they age them anywhere near as long as they should before you receive them.
Plenty of stuff in the NC ranges that are excellent. Been smoking PG for a few years, they are fantastic.

Figured out these 6x60’s from our old factory had about 3 years of aging. So we lit ‘em up.

image.jpg

Normally I enjoy these.. but this one has a bad roll inside, causing it to tunnel. Pain in the ass

You can see it a little at the 8 o’clock position

1619764661140.jpeg

1619764694246.jpeg

Reactions: Athos300
Last nights stick was a Victor Sinclair Double Maduro
Solid flavor, not overly complex for a maduro wrapper, consistent, would buy/smoke again.
Was in the $8 to $10ish range iirc. Burned well for a 60 ring which sometimes requires a bit of black magic.

MV1FFQL.jpg

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
The woman went to the big city today. When I got home this was on the counter.
PXL_20210430_215057106.jpg

Those Blanton cigars are not a bad smoke. But...
PXL_20210430_220828951.jpg

I had been thinking about this Arturo Fuente all afternoon.
One more beer and then break the seal on this bottle.

Ever had pre-Castro Cubans? Like nothing else. We had 6 tons of leaf in the basement. Humidified once a month leaf by leaf by hand. We would make three boxes a month. One box would go the president of the US, one to the president of our company, and one to a random CEO of GE or Pratt and Whitney, MGM etc.. I was a lab rat, I got 3. Cuban seed was grown everywhere, a lot of it was pretty good, the post Castro stuff was ok but not even a close second to the stuff produced by the original growers. I was young but it taught me everything I need to know about capitalism and giving a shit about what you do for a living.

Reactions: koobs84
Well missed out on $9500 on a $1 bet because of #7 Mandaloun.
Got paid on Baffert/Velazquez for the win though! Never get off a winner.
Speaking of winners. Thanks for the glass ILya and my buddy Shep for the Ashe Co barrel pick Woodford Reserve.
A8E35E5B-F2C7-455F-8302-063EAA5CEB86.jpeg
9FA0F3E6-F7C4-4E95-A5A5-16FFAD1EC1C3.jpeg
432C6B5A-6271-4186-9838-08D59167BA5F.jpeg

Espinosa Crema de Laranja. Big Tony gifted it to me at an event we did back in March.
image.jpg