• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Cigar Thread Version.... IV or so...

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
I'm not smoking anything tonite. But will in the next couple of days. Probably my go-to Montecristo No.2 Torpedo.

So let's get this off the ground again.

What ya Smokin???? er... cigar-wise.

Cheers,

Sirhr

P.S. Funny story... buddy of mine who is a big cigar smoker has some kind of issue going on where he can't taste stuff and esophagus is giving trouble. So he is off cigars for a while. But brought to 'cigar night' here at Schloss Nitrocellulose an e-cigar. That had an odd odor. We all sort of wondered what we were smelling... before it became obvious... that we were smelling Grape. He was smoking a grape e-Cigar. This is a hardcore LEO, great cigar smoker, Alpha Male friend. Who will NEVER live this down. New nickname... Gilbert. Just 'sayin.

haha. that is a great story. even us tough guys like some of the different/sissy things in life. it adds a little diversity into our lives.

I will be enjoying an H Uppmann The Banker Cigar this weekend. they are pretty good. nice draw and earth tones to the flavor.

As soon as I hit my days off I'll be relaxing with an Alec Bradley presendado and a glass of scotch. Just has a nice smooth taste and is just a good consistent smoke. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Was 62 degrees today in SE New England. Oliva Series V, BRCC Beyond Black, 14 year Glenfiddich with some sparking water.

Attachments

• photo47244.jpg
    photo47244.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 39
Padron 1964 Anniversary Series Diplomatico is about to join some Flor de cana 18 year rum.

8a6b3b1c7b22194d45bd33e5a74fbf35.jpg

I'm a big AVO fan, and one of my favorite sticks is the AVO LE07. I bought a handful of them years ago and have been selectively smoking them. Burned my last one a while back and good luck finding a cigar from 2007 for sale anywhere. Just so happens you can find them in the AVO box sets still :)
I bought this whole set just for that one smoke, but I've burned a few of the others and they're pretty darn tasty.

For me it Doesnt get much better than an aged Tatuaje Black label or a Tat 7th Reserva.
Im unfortunately starting to unload my stash due to workplace tobacco policies. Hard to top a Saturday morning on the porch with the sun in your face and a mild cigar to start the day.

Well hell. Thanks to monthly poker night with the guys from church. I've developed a new hobby that will likely become pricey. I plan to go shopping for a 50-100 cigar humidor this weekend at the local shop.

Any recommendations for stocking up the new box? Mainly for special occasions and the occasional pat on the back. Honestly haven't smoked anything that I wouldn't touch again except for a CB Jackson that my inlaws put in my stocking. It was complete garbage. Padron and Monte Cristo have been my go to smokes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't have very many friends my age to confide in!

Joe

I'm a big fan of most Tatuaje. CAO Brazilia is solid. If you find fresh stock of Liga Privada no.9 they are worth a shot. Crowned Heads Las Calaveras, Headley Grange, or JD Howard. Jaime Garcia Reserva especial. Watch samplers from say Cigars International, you can get a few good sticks and a shitload of waterlogged rockets.

Monte Cristo White with a good port. Also enjoy the Casa Blancas when I can get them.

Padron 1926 No. 9 Maduros has been my go to lately with Curivari Gloria de Leon and Davidoff Anniversario No. 3 thrown in every once and a while. Cubans/cigars in general are damn near impossible to find on the local economy, and I can't find a decent bottle of anything. I guess I have to spend my money on cigars!

Well hell. Thanks to monthly poker night with the guys from church. I've developed a new hobby that will likely become pricey. I plan to go shopping for a 50-100 cigar humidor this weekend at the local shop.

Any recommendations for stocking up the new box? Mainly for special occasions and the occasional pat on the back. Honestly haven't smoked anything that I wouldn't touch again except for a CB Jackson that my inlaws put in my stocking. It was complete garbage. Padron and Monte Cristo have been my go to smokes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't have very many friends my age to confide in!

Joe
Curivari is putting out excellent, medium to full bodied cigars. I think they're a tremendous value (most retail around $6 a stick w/o any taxes).

well i am out of the cigar smokers club for the next 6 months. What are yall burning down this weekend and smoke 1 for me

I'm an everyday smoker for ~22 years. My go to sticks are La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero D-700s and Diggers and the CAO FlatHead 770s.

Morning, noon, or night, it doesn't matter.

Chris

Before PRS my vice was cigars, have a Bob Staebell custom humidor in black walnut , holds around 200 boxes and used to be full. Smoke about 1 a week now - CoRo is still the best cigar out there, sold most of my Habanos ELs at auctions in UK to pay for my glass and rifles :)

I always have quite a few Padron 64 Anniversary in my humidor. They just seem to be great for anything.

Other cigars I enjoy and seem to come back to:

LaGloria Serie R Maduro
Fuente Anejo #60
Bolivar 1895 (this is a high end cigar with modest pricing; its not a Belicoso but this is an inexpensive yet great cigar)
Habanos Cohiba (real ones) I'm scared to smoke the 10 or so I have left because I don't know when I'll get more, but when you're in the mood for a grassy and smooth taste, these are fantastic
Partagas Black

My guilty pleasure is occasionally a Ghurka Grand Reserve Maduro; the one infused with Cognac. It's a nice treat when you're in the mood for something fun/different.

Within the last few weeks. I'm really enjoying my new back yard.

20170428_192759_zpsgv1337rt.jpg

20170516_202317_zps1f7uxyqo.jpg

20170520_182725_zpsjoq86tp2.jpg

20170520_192949_zpsrbgnilmj.jpg

Hem Sig c.1999
20170527_195109_zpsk9vm10t3.jpg

last night
20170608_191728_zpsluqdkidz.jpg

La Palina makes some killer cigars! KB2 and the Goldie are phenomenal.

Finally managed to shed the annoying cold that has been dogging me since... fall. Everyone up here has had this damn cough for weeks. Makes cigar smoking... a non-starter. But back to full health! Yay. No more bouts with cold until I get on a plane in the fall to go motorcycling in Iceland. Guarantee I'll get a cold again... then. Until then...

Treating myself to a Montecristo No. 2 Torpedo. damn if there is a better cigar on the planet... I don't know what it is.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I'm not smoking anything tonite. But will in the next couple of days. Probably my go-to Montecristo No.2 Torpedo.

So let's get this off the ground again.

What ya Smokin???? er... cigar-wise.

Cheers,

Sirhr

P.S. Funny story... buddy of mine who is a big cigar smoker has some kind of issue going on where he can't taste stuff and esophagus is giving trouble. So he is off cigars for a while. But brought to 'cigar night' here at Schloss Nitrocellulose an e-cigar. That had an odd odor. We all sort of wondered what we were smelling... before it became obvious... that we were smelling Grape. He was smoking a grape e-Cigar. This is a hardcore LEO, great cigar smoker, Alpha Male friend. Who will NEVER live this down. New nickname... Gilbert. Just 'sayin.

I got into cigars ~ 10 years ago, old guys at the gun club on my first born demanded a box of "padrons", so I bought a box and myself and a friend tried a couple, made us sick as dogs - but continued to try and got into cubans and began quite the collection - 200 boxes at its height. Sold some of those boxes at UK auction for 3000-4000 pounds ... fav cigar a cohiba robusto - just an old favorite. Still have 20-30 boxes in Australia humidor.

I bought a couple of boxes from the auction website, I’ve got a couple of Padron 1926 no. 9 maduros coming too

My four regular smokes are:

Davidoff Nicaragua Toro box press
Padron 1926 #90 tubo
Padron 1926 #1 Natural
Padron 50th Anniversary Limited Edition- My favorite cigar to date. They are the refills for the special 50 year Humidor set. They come in long white boxes and are incredible.

B89BD046-F909-4711-AAD6-50C3CF5AC977.jpeg
A hand rolled, “medium” from the little shop I go to in Ybor city. Probably 75% of what I smoke comes from that little shop.

Forgot all about the cigar threads. It’ll pick up for me now that I’m back home. Got 4 of my neighbors that all enjoy a good smoke so we gather a fairly often

Resized_20181221_165229_4308.jpeg
Resized_20181221_141735_5285.jpeg

Bringing this back up.

Been out of the cigar game for a little bit, but I'm coming back strong.

Had a Warfighter Cigars .50 cal field grade last night that was damn near perfection. Just took delivery of some small batch stuff from Cigar Federation too. Black Label Trading Company sampler and a fiver of their Santa Muerte line and a fiver of Viaje Exclusivo Leaded. Had to do some rearranging in the ol humidor.

I'm off for the next 10 days and plan on burning one or two every day. What cigars are you guys planning for the holiday?

Reactions: Nomad_chew
Almost forgot... took an order last week from 4 Tour Farm. Small batch, vet owned company. Ya'll should check them out. Gonna let them rest a bit before trying one but they look and smell fantastic. Picked up a fiver of their operator (barber pole) line and 2 of their blue line. I hooked one of my teammates with half of that order for a small Christmas gift.

I’ll be in Ybor in about another day. Smokin some fresh hand rolled goodness in the sunshine. No named and no bands but damn good?

20181222_150336.jpg

L'atelier Maduro MAD44. It's a little chilly, so a short one for today. About 3 years of rest and still a touch of a tight draw, but great flavor profile

Arturo Fuente Double Chateau (Sun grown) the muduro is good too if you need more flavor. You can thank me later.

Arturo Fuente Double Chateau (Sun grown) the muduro is good too if you need more flavor. You can thank me later.

I've had the Double Chateau Maduro, and you're right, its excellent. I'm pretty much a fan of all things that Fuente does in Maduro. Had a bad curly head once, but that's the only thing I've ever tried from them that didnt agree with me.

For New Years I pulled one of my few remaining first release Ashton VSG Spellbounds out of the humidor, they were never the same after the second year of production as the wrapper could not be duplicated. Went well with the McCallen 25.

For current production cigars I prefer the Padron 1926 #2 Maduro, the Padron 90th Maduro, and for a mild smoke the Aladino Lancero (Christian Eiroas father and brothers label from Christians farm) which is almost as good as the Headly Grange Drumstick (limited release every few years).

One thing I like is consistency of a cigar, and Padron for one seems to have a lock on that. The 1926 I smoke this year is just like the ones I smoked last year.

Reactions: Campguy308
For New Years I pulled one of my few remaining first release Ashton VSG Spellbounds out of the humidor, they were never the same after the second year of production as the wrapper could not be duplicated. Went well with the McCallen 25.

For current production cigars I prefer the Padron 1926 #2 Maduro, the Padron 90th Maduro, and for a mild smoke the Aladino Lancero (Christian Eiroas father and brothers label from Christians farm) which is almost as good as the Headly Grange Drumstick (limited release every few years).

One thing I like is consistency of a cigar, and Padron for one seems to have a lock on that. The 1926 I smoke this year is just like the ones I smoked last year.

Padron 26 is a good one for sure, not cheap, but good.

Series D No. 4

Attachments

• 18953D65-2592-4178-8BFD-3C176D9CB8BF.jpeg
    18953D65-2592-4178-8BFD-3C176D9CB8BF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
20190121_130421.jpg
20190121_120040.jpg

Some friends and I checked out a new B&M today. Burned these there and a couple more hitchhikers made their way back to the house.

I am very new to smoking cigars, but the lounges have been a good networking opportunity. A friend gifted me that one after seeing me trying a Fuente Hemingway Best Seller haha.
Thus far I have tried an Ataby something paid for by a prospective employer thankfully... so so...
Tatuaje black label reserve-too peppery
Davidoff Yamasa- pretty good
The millenium-pretty good
A Vartan Zoravar-fairly good
And a My Father Fonseca- pretty good, especially given the price.
I am finding I don't like very peppery cigars so far. The Atabey was almost too mild, tatuaje too peppery.
Any suggestions for further exploration? I have been interested in trying a Davidoff Winston Churchill The Late Hour...