• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Civil Liberties in Melbourne Australia? Meh, Optional.

chrome

Private
Minuteman
  • Aug 21, 2005
    SoCal
    Liberty, what was left of it, dying a quick death by elected politicians in Melbourne, Australia this week. Barely any discussion, referendum, just unilateral suspension of civil liberties, due to 147 deaths in their state.

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -BF

New Rules in Melbourne:

1 - "...this means when doing spot checks on people’s homes, if the residents did not give permission for them to enter, police will be authorised to enter without a warrant..."
    2 - ".....A six-week curfew from 8pm to 5am across the entire Melbourne metro area, with the only exceptions being work, medical care and caregiving..."
    3 - "....Outside those curfew hours the only reasons to leave your home are: shopping for food and essential items, care and caregiving, daily exercise and work...."
    4- ".....Daily exercise can only take place within a 5km radius of your home, cannot last longer than an hour and can’t be with more than one other person...."
    5 - "...You cannot buy more than two units of certain essential items, including dairy, meat, vegetables, fish and toilet paper...."
    6 - "...Masks are compulsory when outdoors, across the entire state."

The Australians by and large are willing sheep of the government these days.

They go full on totalitarianism over a small number of cases and deaths that would barely even register a blip here in Texas.

Interesting how of course police can kick in your door with no warrant needed of course....
    Limits on how much you can buy at once (pretty low) like any good Stalinist state.
    Limits on how much exercise you can get and how far you can go

Oh and of course a Curfew because the virus does it's best work at night Bull S...!

Anytime someone says a curfew should be the way to fight some sickness.... they are proving it was never about the sickness.

Well the Australians will very soon find out what being such sheep gets them as the economy is probably going to collapse and unlike other bigger countries, they can't borrow or print enough to keep them afloat for long.

With Exports to China coming to a halt and travel back and forth being a thing of the past, good luck with your economy....

Countryfolks will survive however.

72CF3FF9-F041-4FEA-9797-986CFBB1A341.gif

Not newsworthy for us and the people in Australia are perfectly fine with the police state that they're in

Reactions: Blutroop
    Was just having dinner with my Aussie mate a couple days ago, he's from Melbourne and was filling me in on everything. I even lived in a suburb of Melbourne for a bit. At the time I thought it could easily be a permanent move.... I'm happier with my cold winters now

Reactions: chrome
    Was just having dinner with my Aussie mate a couple days ago, he's from Melbourne and was filling me in on everything. I even lived in a suburb of Melbourne for a bit. At the time I thought it could easily be a permanent move.... I'm happier with my cold winters now

I studied abroad there (Melbourne/Sydney) for a semester, really loved my time and the Aussies I met. This was at the height of GWOT, and they LOVED America's no fucks given attitude towards terrorism. I had similar feelings like you early on, and have now since been very happy not to explore that option.

Reactions: HMRamateur
    This is why it's nice to start out your country with a good old fashioned blood bath revolution like we did, so you can actually get "Rights" instead of what the rest of the former colonies got which is essentially "Privileges"

We take freedom of speech for granted here, but in places like Australia, New Zealand, England and such, there is no such thing, it's only if the government doesn't not like what you are saying that you are okay to talk.

If you think Australia is bad, New Zealand is doing their best to show they can be the poster child for the global elites ruling with an iron boot.

In WWII, against the Japs, the Aussie troops were some tough mf'ers but they sure laid down when it came to their gun rights.

Last edited:
    • Sad
    Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why we have to be willing and ready to water the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants at any moment.

From right around the beginning of the 20th century up till about the middle, the British basically used Australia and many other colonies as a place to collect all the cannon fodder they wished for their stupid military leaders to use so that they wouldn't be getting so many "English" soldiers killed.

The percentage of the young male population lost by Australia during about a 60 year period greatly dwarfed the percentage lost by America.

When you never had a history of actually having real "Rights" and everybody for generations is condition to do what the government says, it's a bit hard for those who would be free to get any public support for their fight for freedom.

What'd you expect? You gave 'em the weapons, they own your asses. "It does what it's told".

On the other hand, we've got literally millions here just fucking begging for the government to do their thinking for them too.

From right around the beginning of the 20th century up till about the middle, the British basically used Australia and many other colonies as a place to collect all the cannon fodder they wished for their stupid military leaders to use so that they wouldn't be getting so many "English" soldiers killed.

The percentage of the young male population lost by Australia during about a 60 year period greatly dwarfed the percentage lost by America.

When you never had a history of actually having real "Rights" and everybody for generations is condition to do what the government says, it's a bit hard for those who would be free to get any public support for their fight for freedom.

Do not forget that Australia was a British penal colony from the very late 18th century to the middle of the 19th. And Australian penal life was harsh by even the standards of the British empire, which were harsh indeed.

I recently finished a book called The Fatal Shore by Robert Hughes which goes into Australia's founding history in great detail.

Reactions: supercorndogs
    Do not forget that Australia was a British penal colony from the very late 18th century to the middle of the 19th. And Australian penal life was harsh by even the standards of the British empire, which were harsh indeed.

I like to remind folks that pale skinned folks may have had ancestors that were enslaved and transported across the world to work as slaves for the rest of their lives...

Used to be you wanted to keep that part of your family history under the covers but the good news is today it's considered cool to have had enslaved prisoner ancestors...

Must be Russians again with their disinformation campaign of fake flu shots

More cuntiness from Down Under:

Arrested for a Facebook quote. This is what Kamala Harris, Pelosi and the radical Left plan to do to the opposition if they get in power and take the Senate, I guarantee it.

Except it won't be slovenly dressed Australian plain clothe cops, it will be Off. Friendly and a kitted up team stacked in your hallway.

Skwerl, you're cutting your chances in half by just looking for rich women...just sayin'.
    1606935393256.png

yep, stupid australia at it again. Willing to give up their freedoms for safety - did it in 1997 - its why I got the f out of there.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    I was really surprised how the Aussie’s seemed to just go along with the firearm turn in. If there is one place in the world 🌎 I would want a firearm it’s Australia with all the fucking snakes and shit!!!