• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CLE alternatives

PRSDietitian

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2023
Texas
With Compass Lake closing public sales, I am looking for a different barrel manufacturer for an AR10 build. The plan was a 6.5 creed M110(ish) with a contour for the AEM5-30 can since I am not selling my left nut and the soul of my first born to afford the KAC can.

CLE said they could do it, but i didn't pull the trigger when I had the chance. Who would ya'll turn to for custom contoured/chambered AR-10 barrels?

DCFAC1D4-CEC4-471C-A108-AAFCC84A6002.jpeg

Craddock should be able to hook you up. I’d recommend calling.and discussing what you’re looking to do. You’ll likely need to order a custom barrel and put profile details on the notes.

I’m working on an AR10 in 6.5 Creed as well. I called Craddock and talked to Paul. It was great getting to pick his brain about barrel profile, gas system length, and barrel length.

With Compass Lake closing public sales, I am looking for a different barrel manufacturer for an AR10 build. The plan was a 6.5 creed M110(ish) with a contour for the AEM5-30 can since I am not selling my left nut and the soul of my first born to afford the KAC can.

CLE said they could do it, but i didn't pull the trigger when I had the chance. Who would ya'll turn to for custom contoured/chambered AR-10 barrels?

Paul Ross was the head Barrel Smith at CLE, soon he will be opening his own company. As soon as he gives me the go ahead I'll post all the info in a new thread along with all the services they will be providing. One thing I can say is he will also be providing Bolt Gun work as well.

When I spoke with him the other day he was talking about possibly doing a Snipershide group buy of 10 AR15 barrels to kick things off for the new shop.

Paul is turning some barrels for me right now that I'll do a review on hopefully soon.

I'm very happy with my X-Caliber barrels. White Oak Armament is also highly recommended and I've got several that are good shooters.

I'm doing the same thing. I'm now going to have Craddock send barrel to ADCO. They said to send a 20" barrel if you want it cut to 18" for the AEM profile.

Paul Ross was the head Barrel Smith at CLE, soon he will be opening his own company. As soon as he gives me the go ahead I'll post all the info in a new thread along with all the services they will be providing. One thing I can say is he will also be providing Bolt Gun work as well.

When I spoke with him the other day he was talking about possibly doing a Snipershide group buy of 10 AR15 barrels to kick things off for the new shop.

Paul is turning some barrels for me right now that I'll do a review on hopefully soon.
Definitely keep us updated, I’d like another .223 stick with 5/8-24 threads.

I'm doing the same thing. I'm now going to have Craddock send barrel to ADCO. They said to send a 20" barrel if you want it cut to 18" for the AEM profile.
So when I was talking with Dave Wilson, he said he can turn the barrel at whatever length in order to accommodate the break and collar. So when I was talking with Dave Wilson, he said he can turn the barrel at whatever length in order to accommodate the break and collar. So I was going to have him do that with a 20 inch barrel. But if Paul is going to be going off and doing his own thing, that may be an option as well. I know Monty with Centurion arms recently posted that he was looking into doing 6.5 Creedmoor barrels for the AR 10. And because his MK 12 barrels accommodate the brake and collar that may be an option as well

So when I was talking with Dave Wilson, he said he can turn the barrel at whatever length in order to accommodate the break and collar. So when I was talking with Dave Wilson, he said he can turn the barrel at whatever length in order to accommodate the break and collar. So I was going to have him do that with a 20 inch barrel. But if Paul is going to be going off and doing his own thing, that may be an option as well. I know Monty with Centurion arms recently posted that he was looking into doing 6.5 Creedmoor barrels for the AR 10. And because his MK 12 barrels accommodate the brake and collar that may be an option as well
From what I understand, a .30 barrel doesn't use a separate collar. That shape is machined into the barrel.

From what I understand, a .30 barrel doesn't use a separate collar. That shape is machined into the barrel.
but you can do it for whatever length you need it for, right? Like i know th mk12 is 18in, but you could technically do it for a 20in like in my case for a modified m110, right?

I’m in for a few

Depending on the blank and caliber, I’d be in!

Put me down for a group buy, too. Interested in both small-frame and large-frame.

Paul's a good dude, I'd be happy to support his new shop effort.

Reactions: simonp
Put me down for a group buy, too. Interested in both small-frame and large-frame.

Paul's a good dude, I'd be happy to support his new shop effort.

I'll let him know. It's not going to be Bartlein or Krieger blanks, most likely something affordable like Douglas, Criterion, Wilson in .223 wylde with a SPR or SDM contour 16"- 18"

I'll keep you all updated when or if he starts the group buy, right now it's just an idea we're kicking around.

Last edited:
I'll let him know. It's not going to be Bartlein or Krieger blanks, most likely something affordable like Douglas, Criterion, Wilson in .223 wylde with a SPR or SDM contour 16"- 18"

I'll keep you all updated when or if he starts the group buy, right now is just an idea we we're kicking around.
criterion and douglas are never a bad thing. I'd be down

This place advertises barrels from CLE.

I'll keep you all updated when or if he starts the group buy, right now it's just an idea we're kicking around.
I'd be interested as well......I have a 22" CLE Criterion in 6 ARC that shoots incredibly well and I'd like twin to it for another rifle.

Reactions: simonp

I’d be down for a 20” Douglas SDM barrel. Last part I need for my SDMR build.

If Paul decides to do a Hide group buy they will all be the same, Most likely a 16" SPR "style" Contour with a .223 Wylde chamber / 1-7 or 1-8 Twist / 1/2x28 threads, and not sure on barrel blanks.
Gotcha, i missed that it’ll be a group buy.