• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cleaning Barrel after using H.B.N

Mistermac

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2019
Hi All
I have been coating my 155.5 Berger projectiles with Hexagonal Boron Nitride . I have read quite a bit about it but not a great deal has been mentioned about cleaning the barrel after so many shots.
I have read that x amount of rounds you do not clean. Other reports I have read is just clean the barrel with oil and wipe out for next match which you are competing in.
I would like some comments for those people who are using HBN so they can put me on track to a good maintenance programme.
Many Thanks.....Mr Mac

Clean it like a regular barrel, patch it with alchohol to get out oil, then swab with patch soaked in alchohol and hBN. Let dry and dry patch.

Reactions: Mistermac
I run a couple dry patches every 400 or so and clean with solvant at around 1000rounds (6x47Lapua), love the stuff. Made a world of difference in my 6.5saum

Reactions: Mistermac