• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Cleaning suppressors?

VanJoe

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2017
Jacksonville
Didn't see much out here in previous posts. Just got a new sonic cleaner today and was wondering if there were any recommendations for cleaner solutions? At this point in time I wouldn't really be using the cleaner to do spent brass or anything as I don't reload. Would just be looking to use it to clean suppressor baffles and tubes, etc. Appreciate any suggestions or links for things that have worked for you.

Thanks.

From my understanding you don't need to clean rifle suppressors

Right, I should have clarified and meant more like for my .22 and 9mm suppressors. Seems like when people are posting their Form 4 wait times this group has a pretty wide mix of suppressors so thought I'd give it a shot.

So it picked up half a pound of buildup? You clean it out or is it sealed?

Cleaned it with multiple soakings of CLR. Finally got it down to about 19oz and called it quits on any further cleaning. This is after years and years of shooting. It was really noticeable when you held another 30P-1 compared to mine which was probably one of the first hundred in production.

Cleaned it with multiple soakings of CLR. Finally got it down to about 19oz and called it quits on any further cleaning. This is after years and years of shooting. It was really noticeable when you held another 30P-1 compared to mine which was probably one of the first hundred in production.

What do you plug the end with? My 30P-1 has gained about 3-4 ounces.

I can't speak for everyone else, but mine looks fine. The Ops Inc 12th is parkerized and the TBAC is ceracoted.