• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Clemson or LSD?

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    The Vegas money is on Louisiana 4-1 but I think Clemson will whip them.

Really surprised Clemson made it past Ohio st. I don’t think Clemson can stop LSUs offense. I also don’t think LSU can stop Clemsons offense. It is going to be a high scoring game with the last 3 mins deciding the winner. Unfortunately Clemson has proved they play their best in the last 3 minutes. LSU either blows them out or Clemson wins in the last few minutes.

LSU !!!!! i cant stand the Clemson QB hair.... thats basically my deciding factor

1578454041803.png

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Maggot
    Dat title doe! I hate autocorrect too. Lol, I don't have a dog in the fight, though I guess I could root for Clemson since they are in the ACC with some of my favorite rivals. I miss Pitt and VT and I do like to see them and their conference do well.

I have no idea I think it's going to be a heck of a good game. My fav match up will be Lawrence vs Delpit and Stingley. Easily the toughest coverage Trevor has had to look into all year. If LSU can bring 4 and drop 7 I think there could be an INT that could change the game. If Lawrence gets man coverage all day he can pick teams apart as well as Burrow. Gotta see whose line wins....can't wait!

LSD and it isn't going to be close. Remember LSD just got their 2nd leading tackler back, and that's with missing 4 games. AND as much as I hate the SEC, LSD plays against the best week in and out. The smackdown of AL and GA speak volumes.

Regards
    DT

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40
    LSD and it isn't going to be close. Remember LSD just got their 2nd leading tackler back, and that's with missing 4 games. AND as much as I hate the SEC, LSD plays against the best week in and out. The smackdown of AL and GA speak volumes.

Regards
    DT

I wish I could agree with you 100%. The win over UGA wasn’t impressive. UGA lost to Carolina between the hedges. Carolina is the biggest dumpster fire in our state. They slipped by Alabama then blew out Oklahoma. LSU hasn’t faced a QB all year like TL. If LSU can keep TL and Etienne contained, they will blow it out. If not, it’s going to be a really good game. I’m excited to see how it pans out.

Reactions: Maggot and D_TROS
    I always respected LSU but did not like them. We played a 1 and 1 with them that we split 15 years ago... They wore us out in LA.

But, Coach O is a good man. He gets his kids to buy in and they love him. He is a motivator, father figure, tutor and a gentleman. Humble... I like him a lot and glad he is finally getting the recognition that he didn't get at TENN, Ole Miss and USC. I hope he wins the National Championship.

Dabo is alright... younger... but gets the same buy in from his kids. Venerables is the new Bud Foster. ACC vs. SEC is good for ACC and we have them the last couple of years. But this year, I am rooting for LSU.

I always respected LSU but did not like them. We played a 1 and 1 with them that we split 15 years ago... They wore us out in LA.

But, Coach O is a good man. He gets his kids to buy in and they love him. He is a motivator, father figure, tutor and a gentleman. Humble... I like him a lot and glad he is finally getting the recognition that he didn't get at TENN, Ole Miss and USC. I hope he wins the National Championship.

Dabo is alright... younger... but gets the same buy in from his kids. Venerables is the new Bud Foster. ACC vs. SEC is good for ACC and we have them the last couple of years. But this year, I am rooting for LSU.

I'm glad O is doing better at LSU. When he was at OleMiss he was hot garbage. He didn't deserve any recognition then. Players I know on his teams then hated playing for him. In a recent interview he said he learned a lot from that experience and it shows.

SEC! SEC!

Need a Hummer?

I wish I could agree with you 100%. The win over UGA wasn’t impressive. UGA lost to Carolina between the hedges. Carolina is the biggest dumpster fire in our state. They slipped by Alabama then blew out Oklahoma. LSU hasn’t faced a QB all year like TL. If LSU can keep TL and Etienne contained, they will blow it out. If not, it’s going to be a really good game. I’m excited to see how it pans out.
    That's what OSU couldn't handle was TL turned loose as a potential run threat on most of their formations in the 2nd half. Had Clemson come out from 1st possession like that it likely would have been an obliteration of OSU(I actually picked OSU in a squeaker glad I'm not a better!). Defenses can typically scheme out 1 guy in an offense, but mobile QB's are still the fly in the ointment with college rules on blocking downfield on pass plays and ineligible receivers. Heck they don't really even enforce 3 it's more like 4 to 5 yards vs strict draconian 1 yard in NFL. I get Dabo protecting TL from too much of it though he's the golden boy and QB's can get torn up running too much. I will be watching to see if Dabo has any designed run plays for him out of the gate.

Reactions: Maggot
    Lifetime Clemson fan here, so yeah... I hope we win.

What's saved us in big games to date, has been red-zone defense. Both AL and OH were able to move the ball between the 20yd lines at will for much of the games. What mattered is that they walked away with either zero or three points. I don't recall how many times AL got into this position last year, but it was enough for me to chew my nails off.

If LSU can penetrate our red-zone defense and throw touchdown passes, we're in serious trouble. The corollary is that LSU has very little footage of Trevor running, and this could make the difference on inevitable 3rd and 7's that will occur. Going to be a good game nonetheless, and it's always exciting to play against an ascendent team.

So yeah, we will score on them, they will score on us. Stopping them inside the 20 will make the difference.

If LSU comes out like they did against OK then it’ll be a massacre.
    Of course LSU is fielding their Buckeye trained quarterback so all will be well (kidding.....)
    All kidding aside, unless Burrow is out then LSU handles them with ease.

I have no dog in this hunt so I'm being as dispassionate as I can, but it's getting time to put scores down. Just feeling like a great game is upon us can't wait! I have huge respect for LSU and equal respect for Brent Venables and how he ultimately gets under every offenses skin at some point.

LSU 35 - Clemson 31

You guys keep on talking about Clemson QB running...

LSU has a QB that can run also.....

LOVE PURPLE. LIVE GOLD

LIVE PURPLE. BLEED GOLD..............................LOOZANA TYGUUHS BAAAABBBBBBEEEEEE

Clemson family here...Since Danny Ford.
    LSU is looking like a well running 308. Gonna be damn tough. I just hope it isn't a blow out either way.

I want to see a good game win or lose.

E

I got no dog in this fight but id rather LSU win. Lets go SEC! SEC!

LSU has always had the "talent"... It just took a Coach who got down to the basics and discipline. No Mad Hatter, Shoot for the Stars, Money Chasing, make a name for themselves Coach..... This was truly a team effort... All the way down to the guy's who swept the locker room floor, the fan's and the crew that cleaned up the parking lot after the Tail Gator's..... Welcome to the SEC.

Hobo

Reactions: madppcs
    I thought a closer game, 10 points but LSU could have ran the score up at will once they got into their game changes. They made Clemons D look bad just like Clemson did to Bama last year. LSU was tested all year, Clemson had not but been in the big game last year.

Clemson looked like many teams, game plan not working, now what, but LSU attacking O was hard to figure out all season. Not west coast dink and dump to move the chains, big throws down field. Straight up D, LSU receivers blow it wide open. 3 1 7 pr 3 8 or what ever to stop the air game, QB ran to move the chains.

Geaux Tigers!

Geaux Tigers! I’m a little late but forget about this board sometimes.

I thought a closer game, 10 points but LSU could have ran the score up at will once they got into their game changes. They made Clemons D look bad just like Clemson did to Bama last year. LSU was tested all year, Clemson had not but been in the big game last year.

Clemson looked like many teams, game plan not working, now what, but LSU attacking O was hard to figure out all season. Not west coast dink and dump to move the chains, big throws down field. Straight up D, LSU receivers blow it wide open. 3 1 7 pr 3 8 or what ever to stop the air game, QB ran to move the chains.

Geaux Tigers!

This... When Clemson realized they were being out coached...by a mile...they threw their hands up and just relied on talent alone to win.

It was disappointing to see that...coaching gave up and said WTF.

E

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40
    It was an awesome year for LSU. I was pessimistically optimistic for all of their big games. One of the best college football teams of all time. It didn't hurt that one of the best college QBs in history fell from the heavens. We can bask in the glory for 6-7 months but then it is time to reload. One of the best things about last Monday was that I got to spend it with my 85 year old father who graduated from LSU along with myself and 2 of my children also graduates of LSU :cool::cool::cool:.

Last edited:
    Reactions: 45.308