• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Clip On Night Vision w/ Spotting Scope

Tanners

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2013
So im looking to use a clip on spotting scope in front of my Bushnell Legend T-Series spotting scope but cant seem to find anything that will let me do it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Are you open to getting a new spotting scope?

Badger SLICK works with the Spotter 45 for clip-ons.

Terry Cross has a Leupold (if I recall correctly) setup with a WP PVS-30.

I cant afford a Spotter 45 so ill have to stick with what ive got. Ive been eyeballing coming up with a sey up like the LaRue SPOTR system.

I saw that and thought it was exactly what i need at first but i dont see a way to attach the clip on night vision to it.

Here is what hide member @The King did ... he attached a 14 to the rear to add NV ...

c0ca6745-b864-498f-9989-992b855d3843-jpeg.6885386

But I would call the manufacturer KDG and see what they have to say. There are certainly attachment points for a rail on that box. Just need the right rail to attach. And there are folks that make custom rails. I've gotten three custom rails from Ken Farrell Manufacturing in Warsaw, MO.

Here is what I got. The Bushnell lmss works great because of its power range 8-45. If you run on a spotter w the bottom range of 15x you better have a badass unit

Attachments

• 3AC1653A-9A52-41D4-8DE0-0EF95E655140.jpeg
    3AC1653A-9A52-41D4-8DE0-0EF95E655140.jpeg
    565.4 KB · Views: 203
... If you run on a spotter w the bottom range of 15x you better have a badass unit ...

Yup, which is why 14 on the rear might work better.

Here is what I got. The Bushnell lmss works great because of its power range 8-45. If you run on a spotter w the bottom range of 15x you better have a badass unit
this is actually the unit i have. I have the Armasight CO-X Gen 2 QS.

Here's one a hide member is using ... it sounds more flexible than most of the rail add-on systems ... I haven't researched whether it will work with your spotter. You could call them and ask.

https://kineticdg.com/product/the-optics-hub/
I may have to do that. The best idea ive come up with so far is having a mount for the tripod on the bottom, then use a TNVC pic rail adapter rail, then a vortex pic rail mount for the spotting scope and a larue spotr z-rail.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-spotr-z-rail-w-qd-mount/
https://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Optics-PTM-Tripod-Adapter/dp/B000FSGHZ4
https://tnvc.com/shop/tripod-picatinny-rail-adapter/

sooo i just found this ( ) and I think it might just be what i need. Now if only i can find out where to buy one.

The information available on this site is a unreal. Wish I could find a way to break the cycle.
Work, save, spend & repeat.
Best place on the planet. USA

That’s a great set up you’re correct on power range along with the fact that straight body spotters perform better from the lack of prism/light loss

Reactions: SingleShot85
Ive also seen this mount by mccann industries but i cant find anywhere to buy one.

anyone do it with a Simrad?

anyone do it with a Simrad?

Tried it with a KN203 SIMRAD and Bushnell Legend Tactical 15-45, I would not consider it useable. Lower minimum magnification and, ideally, better glass would be much better. I would try an LMSS but they aren't made in MOA for non-miliradian weirdos like myself. IIRC, the glass is the same between those two spotters, though.

Reactions: Ncloud
They make 'em, Badger and Larue make 'em for the Leupold and maybe the Hensoldt (somebody makes 'em for the Hensoldt, German would probably know, I think he has the setup). I've always wondered how well they work in front of a spotter though due the PVS30 being limited in use with even a 25x optic. They do best at 15x and less. It just has to do with the zoom vs. resolution I guess, the zoom increases but the resolution remains the same.

I getcha on the price and after the divorce I had to get creative on my LRF/observation day/night combo. Real creative. Thanks to a few members here and their custom work I was able to make it work and make it work well. The PVS adapter is custom made, the rubber eye shutter was custom (not pictured) and so is the SS frame that everything attaches to. But there are caveats to using a PVS14 behind a spotter at night.

The rig:

You have to be careful about burning an image into the tube with lasers, illuminators and ambient light sources. I'm guessing in this configuration the spotter magnifies the light source too and makes burn in easier, but it will work with higher magnifications, however, know that you will be fucking with focus on both the spotter and PVS when you adjust magnification. No big deal really, but it is another thing to have to do. I came close to burn in but lucked out and when I turned the NODs on the next time all was fine. But it was a good scare I won't forget and I wanna save you the trouble. Just turn it off when not in use, move it around some when it is if on for a while and try to avoid any light in the image if you can. Use the illuminator on a momentary switch. You won't have problems as long as you're aware but I had to figure it all out on my own.

I'm gonna talk to Tenebraex about an IR filter for it, but I don't know how well it'll work. If you use it like this, just be careful so you don't damage gear. OR your eyes --because if it's magnifying the IR source, then a direct reflection of an IR laser back into the unit could be damaging to more than just the NODs.

And I also did it this way because i only have the one PVS 30 and if it's on the rifle then I can't use it for the spotter.

Good luck!

Reactions: shoobe01