• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Clip-on Nv in Europe

tactical-sniper

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2006
Norway
Hi

As i live in cold Norway the options for decent Nv clipons are slim, but lots of thermals, i had a iray rico rl42 for i while, but i prefer regular nv.

So to the question guys, hoping to stay at around 4k for the clip on, have a nf atacr 4-16x42 and a minox zp5 5-25 i hope to use it on, i understand I probably have to stay under 8x.

Have anyone experience with what options we europeans have? Would love to have a simrad kn203 but that seems like a farefetched dream.

Check out egu.de and optics-world.nl
The latter had cheap Hensoldt NSV‘s some time ago.
Grey marked is also an option, although it can be a gamble.

Reactions: tactical-sniper
Hi

As i live in cold Norway the options for decent Nv clipons are slim, but lots of thermals, i had a iray rico rl42 for i while, but i prefer regular nv.

So to the question guys, hoping to stay at around 4k for the clip on, have a nf atacr 4-16x42 and a minox zp5 5-25 i hope to use it on, i understand I probably have to stay under 8x.

Have anyone experience with what options we europeans have? Would love to have a simrad kn203 but that seems like a farefetched dream.
Optics-trade.eu

TS,

A clip-on in front of the scope can be expensive.

You could push the scope a little forward and mount a PVS-14 behind it. Your ATACR uses Digillum so one of the three brightness series is 'green Low'. Set it to the lowest of the low and it won't flare too much in the NVD. Or simply use it without illum with an IR torch, or on full moon evenings, or with targets that have good contrast. You can crank up the magnification and ping targets at 300-400 with this settup.

PVS-14's are designed to be robust but I wouldn't recommend using it with heavier recoil than 5.56, and not put thousands of rounds with the NVG attached. 5.56 is also good for recoil given the NVG might crowd your eye relief slightly. Depending on how long your rail is and whether you want to use the ATACR as a day scope also.

Or, use a PVS14 with a 3x magnifying lens screwed on to it, behind a 0-magnification reflex sight like an Aimpoint. Best you'll get is 3x mag though.

Or, mount the NVG on a bike helmet or soft skull cap (Crye Precision) and use an IR laser on the rifle. Not as precise as mounting the NVG on the gun but you'll get the clearest picture. You can also use this settup to move around at night on lumpy ground but still bring the gun up quickly. Lasers work best at only one range only though, unless you are good at judging for come-ups

Last edited:
While not a clipon, any of yall have experience Zeiss Hensoldt Orion 80 II?