• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Clip on NV

PaganSnake

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2018
Hey All,

Looking for suggestions on a robust Clip on co-witness type NV set up. I'm familiar with the PVS-30's and used them during my time in the military, but I'm wondering what other options may be? Anything else worth considering or should i just keep waiting on a referb PVS30?

I'd like to stay below the 5k range and I am set on a Clip on attachment that i can just throw infront of my daytime scope. Not interested in a dedicated thermal or NV optic.

Also need some suggestions on civilian available illumination devices...

Thanks! Looking forward to any suggestions!

Last edited:
Hey All,

Looking for suggestions on a robust co-witness NV set up. I'm familiar with the PVS-30's and used them during my time in the military, but im wondering what other options may be? Anything else worth considering or should i just keep waiting on a referb PVS30?

I'd like to stay below the 5k range and I am set on a co-witness.

Also need some suggestions on civilian available illumination devices...

Thanks! Looking forward to any suggestions!
Civilian available? Full power units are widely available and regularly appear in the exchange here

Civilian available? Full power units are widely available and regularly appear in the exchange here
Great, I'm wondering if there are any readily available alternatives with similar performance that I can buy new from my house..

I know you said co-witness, but for the money I don’t think you can beat a SIMRAD KN203. Heavy and large, but image is amazing up to 18x on my scope. Pair it with a Luna and you’re ready to go at half your budget. Use the remaining money for a thermal scanner.

I know you said co-witness, but for the money I don’t think you can beat a SIMRAD KN203. Heavy and large, but image is amazing up to 18x on my scope. Pair it with a Luna and you’re ready to go at half your budget. Use the remaining money for a thermal scanner.
Holy cow! That's a big attachment. I will have to check them out, though I will say I'm pretty turned off by the size. But at the end of the day I would most likely be using it off a bipod on a truck or prone so maybe size doesn't matter... Man there are a bunch of that's what she said jokes in here somewhere.

Maybe I mis-spoke in my initial post, I'm looking for a clip on type, something similar to a PVS 30, 27, 24 etc... I will amended it to say clip-on vs co-witness.

Mint, used PVS27 go for ~$4K. Similar condition PVS30 are another $1K or so.

I wouldn’t discount thermal.

Reactions: PaganSnake