• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Clip on NV

PaganSnake

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2018
Hey All,

Looking for suggestions on a robust Clip on co-witness type NV set up. I'm familiar with the PVS-30's and used them during my time in the military, but I'm wondering what other options may be? Anything else worth considering or should i just keep waiting on a referb PVS30?

I'd like to stay below the 5k range and I am set on a Clip on attachment that i can just throw infront of my daytime scope. Not interested in a dedicated thermal or NV optic.

Also need some suggestions on civilian available illumination devices...

Thanks! Looking forward to any suggestions!

Last edited:
Hey All,

Looking for suggestions on a robust co-witness NV set up. I'm familiar with the PVS-30's and used them during my time in the military, but im wondering what other options may be? Anything else worth considering or should i just keep waiting on a referb PVS30?

I'd like to stay below the 5k range and I am set on a co-witness.

Also need some suggestions on civilian available illumination devices...

Thanks! Looking forward to any suggestions!
Civilian available? Full power units are widely available and regularly appear in the exchange here

I know you said co-witness, but for the money I don’t think you can beat a SIMRAD KN203. Heavy and large, but image is amazing up to 18x on my scope. Pair it with a Luna and you’re ready to go at half your budget. Use the remaining money for a thermal scanner.
Holy cow! That's a big attachment. I will have to check them out, though I will say I'm pretty turned off by the size. But at the end of the day I would most likely be using it off a bipod on a truck or prone so maybe size doesn't matter... Man there are a bunch of that's what she said jokes in here somewhere.

Maybe I mis-spoke in my initial post, I'm looking for a clip on type, something similar to a PVS 30, 27, 24 etc... I will amended it to say clip-on vs co-witness.