• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Closed caption TV

ironman56

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2020
Is it just me, or does anyone else get annoyed by the sign language bullshit on every fucking newscast for the last 5 years , I mean shit every TV sold for the last 20 years has the option for closed caption , l think it's just virtue signaling for social justice points or something like that,

1716224140695.png

Sign language we can all appreciate.

• Haha
Reactions: Herb Stoner
Some of it is actually pretty entertaining especially the ones that get busted and its publicly aired that they don't have a fucking clue what they are signing.

It’s good money if you can get it. A buddy’s wife does it and makes bank for a single event. There’s a whole community of people that sign for a living it turns out.

I rarely see it though…

Used to date a girl whose mom was a SL teacher at a school for the Def. She subbed there from time to time. I learned the alphabet and a few other simple signs like boy, girl, Dad, mom, food and asshole.

CC is bullshit. How come it will translate into every language except English? If I'm watching Telemundo, I want English CC.

Someone has to do the CC.
From a script, or on the fly.
Telemundo probably doesn't PAY for English CC.
It's not AI, yet.

And it's NOT IN THE TV SET.