• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CMP is Taking orders!!!!

Re: CMP is Taking orders!!!!

I would have liked to get ahold of a USMC marked rifle and that might have actually dissuaded me from monkeying with it.

Since that didn't happen, I am just looking for a barreled action to base a .22LR copy of my duty rifle off of. As long as it will still accept 700 triggers and fit 700 stocks (even with minor fitting) then I will be satisfied. Even more so if it will do sub-1" groups at 50 yards.

Just to clarify, I put in an order for a complete 40x HB. The barreled action will probably be the only part that makes it to the final configuration.

I guessed that the barreled receivers came without bolts. The more reading I did confirmed that. It would have really sucked to have one arrive at your door if you were expecting a bolt.

So...I've never shot "good" irons before and surprise surprise, I've some extra cash on hand so I'll buy some Redfields while they last.

I'm wondering whether I should go with the Redfield International, Redfield Palma, or Redfield Olympic rear sights...or none at all. I'd probably be using them for fun/paper only and have no idea of the pros and cons with each.

Thoughts???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LoneWolfUSMC,

I ordered the barreled reciever, only to find they do not send along a bolt, I called to them to see if I could change my order (I was talking to both sales and customer service) the lady replied I had to email them, that I wanted to change it, but then I said I'm talking to you right now, change the order here. She basically said tough luck chum. So I'm letting the 14 day documentation peroid expire instead and then place an order for two, possibly three complete rifles if they are in fact 40X 700 style single shot recievers. </div></div>

All gone.....

Not to hijack, but I'm having a hard time finding a notary to sign this form ?

I've only used a notary twice in my life, but both times I went to Fedex and had their manager notarize my document (out of state CCW).

However, today the guy said there wasn't a place on the form to stamp and mentioned that if the stamp covered anything that it would nullify the document.

Anyone else having this type of issue?

Look in yellow pages. they have notarys that will come to you.

go to the bank.....I went to wells fargo and was in and out in 5 min

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
All gone..... </div></div>

Whew... glad I got in when I did. Complete heavy barrel is all mine. Now I just gotta keep my fingers crossed for one of the 700 style actions with the "new" bolt knob style.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJBello</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Whew... glad I got in when I did. Complete heavy barrel is all mine. Now I just gotta keep my fingers crossed for one of the 700 style actions with the "new" bolt knob style. </div></div>

All the heavy barrelled ones I have previously seen were of the new bolt style. I ordered one of the short stocked heavy barrelled ones this time around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sheldon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJBello</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Whew... glad I got in when I did. Complete heavy barrel is all mine. Now I just gotta keep my fingers crossed for one of the 700 style actions with the "new" bolt knob style. </div></div>

All the heavy barrelled ones I have previously seen were of the new bolt style. I ordered one of the short stocked heavy barrelled ones this time around. </div></div>

From what I've read the majority of the HB's are in fact the new bolt style. But, there are HB old bolts out there. Time will well, keeping the fingers crossed until then.

I had problems setting up an account at their website. It kicked me out repeatedly and told me I hadn't filled out all the blanks even though I had. Finally got one to show up in the cart and never got a pending order email. Checked back now and my cart has been adjusted for the quantity they have on hand - which is now zero.

Maybe next time.....

Sent my paperwork off yesterday. They should have it by the end of the week.

Glad I didn't snooze on this one. I have burning the CC on stuff like this, but there isn't any cheaper way to get a 40x. Even with the CC interest factored it, it's still cheaper than buying one off of Gunbroker in a couple weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So...I've never shot "good" irons before and surprise surprise, I've some extra cash on hand so I'll buy some Redfields while they last.

I'm wondering whether I should go with the Redfield International, Redfield Palma, or Redfield Olympic rear sights...or none at all. I'd probably be using them for fun/paper only and have no idea of the pros and cons with each.

Thoughts??? </div></div>

Opinion varies on this, but I'll give you mine: I like the palma sight. I have one of those and also an international. Between the 2, the palma is built like a tank. It could be that my international is just worn out compared to the palma. Adjustments are firm, tight, "go click", and repeatability seems better...

YMMV,
-Slice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HomeSlice</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So...I've never shot "good" irons before and surprise surprise, I've some extra cash on hand so I'll buy some Redfields while they last.

Thoughts??? </div></div>

Opinion varies on this, but I'll give you mine: I like the palma sight. I have one of those and also an international. Between the 2, the palma is built like a tank. It could be that my international is just worn out compared to the palma. Adjustments are firm, tight, "go click", and repeatability seems better...

YMMV,
-Slice</div></div>

I agree opinions vary. I have the Redfield Olypic and I love it. I also have the Lyman 77 front globe sight with a bunch of inserts for it and it's great too. My 541X came with just the Williams rear, and Lyman front globe. No inserts with it. It's a really nice rifle, except for the plastic magazine.

I ordered 2 HBs (1 short stock and one regular). Someone was reporting that these were all old style but we'll see when they start showing up. My paperwork went out yesterday, I wonder how long it will take. I think I'm going to use one as a base for a trainer and one with iron sights.

Placed my order on 02 December and I received an email today from CMP stating that my order has been received and verified. Shipping in 60-90 days....
I'll be watching the calender
laugh.gif

STS,

That's good to hear. I reserved mine in the morning on the 4th and dropped my paperwork in the mail that afternoon. Hopefully I'll be getting an email soon too...

I have been dragging butt and just finally priority mailed my paperwork in yesterday too. Can't wait to see everyones pics when they start rolling in.

Recieved my DBU today as well which is good news, but a bummer when it sets expectations at:"our order to ship time is at least 60-90 days". Then again, I didn't expect to see any more available ever. On the bright side perhaps they will arrive in time for spring warm up as we will all be wanting some range time. Regards

The wait will be the Killer. So....it will be sometime before the first week in March. Patiently awaiting the Fed-ex truck. 45/70SS

Boy that really ticks me off . I was there on the 4th of Dec. and they said the only place you will be able to see them was at the South Store.

That was a 3 Hr. Drive wasted. I could have taken one home if I went there a few days later AND picked out the one I wanted.

We will see in 60-90 days when my order comes in.

If anyone happens to sell a 40x, Plz pm me about it. I'd be interested in taking it off your hands.

Wish I could order one from CMP...

I've got to stop checking this thread it's going to make the wait even worse. I shot a 40X as a kid through the DCM which I of course had to turn back in. I'd looked at buying one before but couldn't justify the expense. This deal was too good to pass up.

Sheldon,
Thanks for the link to the thread from the CMP Forum. Honestly, they look better then I was expecting. I'm kind of digging the re-parked finish.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone happens to sell a 40x, Plz pm me about it. I'd be interested in taking it off your hands.

Wish I could order one from CMP...</div></div>

So why can't you order from them?

Thought ya'll might like to know...

I called CMP a few minutes ago to make sure my paperwork had gotten there since I have not received an email (sent on the 4th). She was working on the paperwork that came in on the 8th (mine is in I just didn't get an email for some reason). Anyway she said they're running about <span style="font-weight: bold">30days</span> on the orders now, not 60-90. Like anything, saying 60-90 keeps the phones from blowing up anymore then they all ready do.

She said having the pre-order option made her job 100X easier and also allowed buyers to get stuff in and not miss out on the rifle. Apparently when they had some carbines come in a bunch of guys missed out due to paperwork not getting there in time and there was no way to reserve one. Of course, if you miss the pre-order and they're all spoken for I guess it doesn't matter. I'm interested to see what happens if someone that reserved one doesn't get their paperwork in within the 14 day time frame.

I wasn't able to get in on this batch of 40Xs but I have a quick question. When does the CMP charge your credit card? Is it the time of reservation or when they process your order after they get your paperwork? I'm thinking that I could have reserved one knowing that the money would be available when they charged my debit card later.

I would be watching like a hawk now, because unless they oversold at least a couple of the buyers are going to let their paperwork date expire. Chances are those will come back up for sale...or if its a very small number they may just put them on the rack in the store. When I called a year or two ago about the 40x they said they don't list small quantities on the website, they just put them on the rack in the store.

On that note, I'm pretty sure the website was down to just the heavy barreled actions for a day or two. It looks like they now have standard and heavy actions listed again. If those can pop back up for whatever reason, then who knows what else will. I'd keep a close eye on it if you missed out initially.

Would it be impossible to find a bolt for the one that are just action and barrel?