• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

CMP is Taking orders!!!!

Re: CMP is Taking orders!!!!

Thanks!

Ordered one with a cut down stock, figured I can use it for my kid and then drop the BA into another stock for a trainer for me
smile.gif

J

Jason,
That is actually a great idea. I just followed your example for my son.

STS

My kid is a few months shy of 3 years old, so I guess it will be my trainer before it's his
smile.gif
When he's ready though, I'll have a stock for him.

J

Looks like they are all single shot. It also looks like all the standard barreled and USMC rifles are sold out.

The USMC property marked ones went for $600 and the standard barrelled ones went for $400.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like they are all single shot. It also looks like all the standard barreled and USMC rifles are sold out. </div></div>

I want to thank you for the heads up. I made it in on one of the 70.
smile.gif

Semper Fi!

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rat-30</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like they are all single shot. It also looks like all the standard barreled and USMC rifles are sold out. </div></div>

I want to thank you for the heads up. I made it in on one of the 70.
smile.gif

Semper Fi!

John </div></div>

My pleasure Sir.

got a shortened stock hb on hold for 14 days while I send in the paperwork!!!!! Hope it all works out!

Crap! I just bought a Suhl on Monday! Hmmm, maybe I'll just skimp on everyone's Christmas presents this year and save a little more for me ....

how long do you have to be a member of the Garand Collectors Asoociation until you can order a rifle? i need one (possibly 2)

You need a current membership card to a club that is an active CMP club. Get a current card and fax a copy to the CMP.

They said it was in stock when I placed the order but I got an email saying I am on a backorder list. Not sure what is up. Let's keep this thread alive and keep each other up to date. Someone should poke around on the CMP forums and report back. Thanks.

They took the link to the E-Store off their home page, but you can still get to the estore thru the sales page link. They are still showing the links to everything except the USMC property marked ones and the standard barrelled ones. I would have guessed that meant the listed items were still in stock, but maybe they just haven't updated the site to show them as sold out.

CMP had the following inventory per Orest

USMC's 70 Now Sold Out

Standard barrel 100 Now Sold Out

Heavy Barrel 800

I am sure give or take a few

Well if they run out of the 40X you can get a Kimber 82. I got one of these from CMP and they are shooters. Also, they come with the sights and the rifles were never used. They are only single shot too, however still fun to shoot.

Jamie

Wow, two guys on Rimfire Central already have had their 40's delivered! I've go to get that paper worked finished ASAP.
Don't forget...You only have 14 days to get it to them.

STS

STS, those guys on RFC are just having some fun. Plan on 30 to 60 days. Regards

STS,

Thanks for the heads up. We all appreciate it. I put an order in for mine today , a HB. I got a confirmation of the reservation for the order pending documentation.
I am going down tomorrow to Perry to look around and make sure the paperwork I submit is in compliance.This is my FIRST purchase. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get a decent one.

Wonder if these are the 1950's smooth bolt handle knob series or the ones with the checkered panels ? Any guesses out there ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KAZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STS, those guys on RFC are just having some fun. Plan on 30 to 60 days. Regards </div></div>

Yep, LOL.
I'm still trying to get that hook out of my mouth

STS, I was also lucky enough to get in on the USMC, plus a HB for good measure. The HB's are still available,and cutoff stock versions(cut down for youth shooting). It took me over an hour to get my order verified yesterday,paperwork in the mail today. Now if I just wait 30/60 days for the order. 4570SS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Neophyte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STS,

Thanks for the heads up. We all appreciate it. I put an order in for mine today , a HB. I got a confirmation of the reservation for the order pending documentation.
I am going down tomorrow to Perry to look around and make sure the paperwork I submit is in compliance.This is my FIRST purchase. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get a decent one.

Wonder if these are the 1950's smooth bolt handle knob series or the ones with the checkered panels ? Any guesses out there ? </div></div>

Gents,

I can only take a little bit of credit. 1gunsnotenough over on Rimfire Central is who tipped me off.

I'm just happy that we were able to get in on it.

do they ship right to us or do we need to still find an FFL and send in FFL paperwork??

FedEX will bring it to your door. You just have to be there to sign for it. CMP does the NICS check prior to shipping.

I should have stated "an Adult" signature, not necessarily yours!

Easy way to spend your money huh?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I should have stated "an Adult" signature, not necessarily yours!

Easy way to spend your money huh? </div></div>

that's a good one.........

sure is easy to spend money.....good thing its money I don't really have
crazy.gif

Your online Estore order is just holding the rifle for 14 days to give you the time to send in the proper paperwork to complete the sale. You have to qualify as well. Look to the site to see the requirements. It isn't hard to do. You also need to have the notary sheet notarized. Well worth the effort!! They ship right to you direct, no FFL needed.

OK I have done paperwork already this year so I guess the e-store thing is just an add-on to the normal process. Got it and thanks. I'll fill it out and send it in.

FYI, if you belong to the Marine Corps League that satisfies the club requirement. Just make a copy of your card. Another plus is that a CCW works for the training. Regards

STS,thanks for the head's up.

...Reserved mine this a.m. and paperwork on the way. It had been a few years since I bought my Garand so I called to double check what they needed. Since the last time I ordered my club affiliation (USPSA) and notary had expired. Apparently I remembered to fax them a copy of my pistol permit when it came in.

Thanks for the heads-up/info guys!

Guys,
Just came back from Perry and made sure my paperwork was in compliance and notarized. Sent it out today. Looking through the racks at the North Store it has changed considerably in content since the last time I was down there nearly three decades ago.
Without question the Kimbers seem to be the only real 'buy' that immediately jumps out at you. The Garands are rough to say the least until you get to the Collector Grade Level ($750). Not a bad place if you are just picking up a barreled receiver to build one up but that is about it.

<span style="font-style: italic">The talk at the North Store is that those offered are all 40x not 40XB receivers which would put them in the mid to late 50's to the early 60's. All have the non open rail and barrel tuner buttons in the stock <span style="font-weight: bold">unless modified</span>. <span style="text-decoration: underline">They are all at least 40 to 50 years old.</span></span>

Unfortunately Anniston has them and unless you are there to see them it is very definitely a "blind buy." The USMC models went first because of the collectible status /marketability of that series.

I can honestly say I have never seen one EVER offered for sale at any of the venues I attend.

As for the 40x Rangemasters in general I can remember using one of these in the mid 60's in my College days. This announcement really tweaked my interest. Thought I should get one if I could. Oh hell ,nostalgia if you will.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Will be curious to see the reports on the condition of some of the ones in the this offering. The most logical buy of the group if you did not get the USMC model appears to be the youth model. I spent the couple of extra bucks and got the regular HB model.
</span>
Looking at the caveat placed on the website there is NO way of knowing the actual condition of the piece you will get.

Good Luck to all who have sent in their requests. It is after all like life.....a crap shoot.

I have never seen a HB based on the 721 action?
If so the HB's will be 700 based and I believe '65 or later.
Anyone seen a Heavy with a straight bolt handle?
Or standard with a dogleg bolt for that matter?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Neophyte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,
Just came back from Perry and made sure my paperwork was in compliance and notarized. Sent it out today. Looking through the racks at the North Store it has changed considerably in content since the last time I was down there nearly three decades ago.
Without question the Kimbers seem to be the only real 'buy' that immediately jumps out at you. The Garands are rough to say the least until you get to the Collector Grade Level ($750). Not a bad place if you are just picking up a barreled receiver to build one up but that is about it.

<span style="font-style: italic">The talk at the North Store is that those offered are all 40x not 40XB receivers which would put them in the mid to late 50's to the early 60's. All have the non open rail and barrel tuner buttons in the stock <span style="font-weight: bold">unless modified</span>. <span style="text-decoration: underline">They are all at least 40 to 50 years old.</span></span>

Unfortunately Anniston has them and unless you are there to see them it is very definitely a "blind buy." The USMC models went first because of the collectible status /marketability of that series.

I can honestly say I have never seen one EVER offered for sale at any of the venues I attend.

As for the 40x Rangemasters in general I can remember using one of these in the mid 60's in my College days. This announcement really tweaked my interest. Thought I should get one if I could. Oh hell ,nostalgia if you will.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Will be curious to see the reports on the condition of some of the ones in the this offering. The most logical buy of the group if you did not get the USMC model appears to be the youth model. I spent the couple of extra bucks and got the regular HB model.
</span>
Looking at the caveat placed on the website there is NO way of knowing the actual condition of the piece you will get.

Good Luck to all who have sent in their requests. It is after all like life.....a crap shoot.

</div></div>

They will be a mix. I also have not seen a HB 40-X. I had a 40-XB in a standard barrel but it was not a CMP gun. You won't know until you get it in hand. You may get one with a properly headspaced bolt but NOT the original bolt. So you will only know when you open the box. If it has a straight handle with a B suffix after serial number you got the receiver you wanted but not the bolt. Kinda like looking into the toilet after your morning BM, you won't know what is in there until you look. Hopefully what comes from CMP in the box will look better!!!
wink.gif