• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision CNVD-T vs MKII 35mm

AK_Stick

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Looking to purchase a thermal for hog/yote hunting reaching out to maybe 300-350 yards.

I’ve used the Pulsar trail x50 (340 res), I would like something a little above that. I’ve found both the CNVD and the MKII at about the same price. My primary desire is clarity.

I’ve never looked through either, but I like that they both can be clip on or stand alone.

Which has the better performance in terms of resolution, which would you pick and why?

If you're going for resolution the cnvd-t would certainly be a step back. Great units no doubt for their intended purpose but a 320x240 on a dated processor. Not sure what your price point is but the Nvision Halo 25mm is a killer unit if looking for image quality.

Reactions: jordan0317
Ended up passing on both units. I have a PAS-13v1 which works pretty well. And I’ll probably save my pennies and use rentals till I find a good deal, or just what I want.