• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coastal Firearms in Florida - Legit or Scam?

LRShooter101

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2013
Southern, IN
Can anyone advise if they have any knowledge of, or have dealt with, Coastal Firearms in Florida?
https://coastalfirearmshop.com/

From their website:
Located in Florida, Coastal Firearms started as a small gun shop in 1999 and has grown into an industry-leading internet retailer of nearly 200,000 Shooting, Hunting, Fishing, and Outdoor products. Our 400,000 sq ft, state of the art, distribution center provides fast, accurate, secure, low-cost shipping for our Customers.

I have looked everywhere, and I cannot find a physical address for where they are located. Based on numerous phone number area codes it is coming up as being in Melbourne, Orlando, Marathon.

It looks like a very legit operation based on their online presence, however when I tried to pay for the order, there was a lot of weird stuff that started going on. There has also been a lot of weird stuff going on trying to follow up with the order and payment.

I am not going to follow through with the payment if I can't get any solid verification from someone here.

For now, I would say buyer beware!!! Thanks!

Reactions: chad8369
Can anyone advise if they have any knowledge of, or have dealt with, Coastal Firearms in Florida?

From their website:
Located in Florida, Coastal Firearms started as a small gun shop in 1999 and has grown into an industry-leading internet retailer of nearly 200,000 Shooting, Hunting, Fishing, and Outdoor products. Our 400,000 sq ft, state of the art, distribution center provides fast, accurate, secure, low-cost shipping for our Customers.

I have looked everywhere, and I cannot find a physical address for where they are located. Based on numerous phone number area codes it is coming up as being in Melbourne, Orlando, Marathon.

It looks like a very legit operation based on their online presence, however when I tried to pay for the order, there was a lot of weird stuff that started going on. There has also been a lot of weird stuff going on trying to follow up with the order and payment.

I am not going to follow through with the payment if I can't get any solid verification from someone here.

1667236388750.png

Thanks to everyone for the feedback,

It is amazing how much work that person(s) had to go to in order to setup that complete bogus operation. It isn't just like they listed a couple of bogus items in an online auction.

If you have not seen this bogus retailer topic, it is very well worth the read:
https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...sites-on-purpose-i-found-635-of-them.7117663/

Once again, it is amazing to what length these crooks are willing to go in order to set all of this up!

Reactions: irishdave69
Everything in the entire state of Florida is a scam, criminal enterprise or set-up and it is all ran by some piece of shit from New York, New Jersey or maybe Michigan who fled their home state to avoid some felony warrant or paying child support. When doing business with anyone from or associated with the state of Florida always remember that all of the scum on the east coast of America eventually end up in Florida, rat fucking old people or suing over an imaginary whiplash injury.

Florida fucking sucks.

does anyone have common sense or search engines anymore? Takes maybe 5 seconds to search it.
C14307D0-D944-43E2-856F-7D38CCD2D993.jpeg

no CC pay option? agree scam. there is 1 ffl in gville that has no store front that i THINK might be legit. if you go on fl gun trader,you will see about 60+% scams. amazing how scamers seem to have that site locked in. have bought and sold off there,FTF only,of course.

does anyone have common sense or search engines anymore? Takes maybe 5 seconds to search it.
View attachment 7988958
I tried to search, and I never saw the article that you posted. I am sure that the results have a lot to do with which search engine you use.

You also have to factor in that there are "multiple versions/locations" for coastal firearms out there. I found references for that name in 3 different states. Interestingly, the one in SC, the owner shot and killed an employee! https://www.foxnews.com/us/south-carolina-gun-shop-owner-shoots-friend-prank

On the contrary scam detector.com gives "coastal firearms" a 100% legit score:
https://www.scam-detector.com/validator/coastalfirearms-com-review/

So, you find one website that says that it is a fraud, and another website that says that it is 100% legit.

Needless to say, if I have any doubts, I am digging deeper, or I am not going to deal with them.

I know very well that there are a lot of scams out there, but I had no idea that there were this many, or that they went to the lengths that they do.

BUYER BEWARE! If it is too good to be true, it probably isn't!!!

Reactions: Im2bent
I tried to search, and I never saw the article that you posted. I am sure that the results have a lot to do with which search engine you use.

You also have to factor in that there are "multiple versions/locations" for coastal firearms out there. I found references for that name in 3 different states. Interestingly, the one in SC, the owner shot and killed an employee! https://www.foxnews.com/us/south-carolina-gun-shop-owner-shoots-friend-prank

On the contrary scam detector.com gives "coastal firearms" a 100% legit score:
https://www.scam-detector.com/validator/coastalfirearms-com-review/

So, you find one website that says that it is a fraud, and another website that says that it is 100% legit.

Needless to say, if I have any doubts, I am digging deeper, or I am not going to deal with them.

I know very well that there are a lot of scams out there, but I had no idea that there were this many, or that they went to the lengths that they do.

BUYER BEWARE! If it is too good to be true, it probably isn't!!!
I'm not reading all that, you didn't try very hard I put in zero effort and it was the first on the list.

It also has all the hallmarks of a scam site, but by all means continue to be a moron.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
Everything in the entire state of Florida is a scam, criminal enterprise or set-up and it is all ran by some piece of shit from New York, New Jersey or maybe Michigan who fled their home state to avoid some felony warrant or paying child support. When doing business with anyone from or associated with the state of Florida always remember that all of the scum on the east coast of America eventually end up in Florida, rat fucking old people or suing over an imaginary whiplash injury.

Florida fucking sucks.
Don’t you live in WA? one of the worst liberal states in the country 🤦🏾‍♂️ how’s gov Inslee working out for you

Last edited:

Florida fucking sucks.
Says the person from "East" Washington. Boy he must know everything about Florida.. :rolleyes:

My friend went to one store around Florida /Alabama line called gulf coast guns. Said they had all kinds of stuff. Walls lined with new and used guns. Ammo and pistols. Said the most stuff he had seen anywhere. I don’t know if it’s the same place you are talking about.

no CC pay option? agree scam. there is 1 ffl in gville that has no store front that i THINK might be legit. if you go on fl gun trader,you will see about 60+% scams. amazing how scamers seem to have that site locked in. have bought and sold off there,FTF only,of course.

Floridaguntrader used to be the best thing going down there. Smoking good prices normally too.
Now it is just a scammer infested site but still good for the occasional FTF deal that pops up on there.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
I get it if there’s zero info, but that’s really rare there’s no info or glaring red flags

Kids these days.
They've been spoon fed for the last 30 years.
My oldest daughter (28) and I just recently had this conversation.

People will literally stand in front of you with a hand held supercomputer in their hand and ask you for the time or weather.
Don't get me started on word meaning or history, or anything where they stand to gain knowledge.

Now, back to the OPs question.

I don't know, look it up.

Read the signs clearly posted in their payment methods.
Read the signs clearly posted about which products they have in stock.
Read the signs clearly posted about the unbelievably great prices in our current economy.

Read the fucking signs.
If it seems to be too good to be true, IT IS.

If your Spidey senses tingle, walk the fuck away.
Your senses are telling you not to fucking do it.

It's like hooking up with the nasty chick. Even drunk, your common sense can still work, but nooooooo, she's got a pussy and you're gonna fall for that trap.

Buying from a place like this you lose-lose.
At least with the nasty chick, you get laid and possibly something to bring home for the doc to look at.

• Love
Reactions: TheBigCountry

From their website:

It is most definitely a SCAM.

I recently made an online purchase of some reloading brass and a couple boxes of ammo. I was advised to pay using Zelle or PayPal (designated friends and family). After the purchase, I was contacted by a transport company requesting another $151 for "refundable insurance on firearms/related products).

I tried to contact Coastal to inquire about the additional costs but no answer. Come to find out, PayPal Friends and Family transfers are not covered by PayPal purchase protection.

I don't like being cheated.

Scam, scam, scam, scam

Though they did put a LOT of work into it. The items on their pages do change, they answer emails, and they even created an entire shipping courier site (TrustCargo Logistics, go figure) to make you think they actually shipped you something. Aside from the Zelle payment request, and the fact that no one else has primers in stock, they were pretty convincing.

Anyone else scammed by them be sure to take the time to file reports, at least that might knock them off for a day or so.

this site only takes Zelle, CashApp & Cryptocurrency (15% off) so wondering of its the same scam

From their website:

This is a scam. I tried a small order and they responded right away with my questions. Once the order was placed, all communications stopped and never got the order. Do not order from this website

https://realsafefirearms.com.com/

From their website:
Located in California, Coastal Firearms started as a small gun shop in 1999 and has grown into an industry-leading internet retailer of nearly 200,000 Shooting, Hunting, Fishing, and Outdoor products. Our 400,000 sq ft, state of the art, distribution center provides fast, accurate, secure, low-cost shipping for our Customers.

Good morning, they are a scam. I tried to purchase something small from them and I was scammed. They keep making new websites that are identical. Please do not purchase from them.

Good morning, they are a scam. I tried to purchase something small from them and I was scammed. They keep making new websites that are identical. Please do not purchase from them.
@Stre985 did you loose your money on the scam? If so, how? Reason I'm asking is that I "placed an order" this morning for powder I haven't been able to find anywhere (https://coastalfirearmshop.com/), but what struck me as strange is that no payment info was collected. Usually, paying with PayPal kicks you to the PayPal website, but this did not. No PII was collected that couldn't be found elsewhere, but I went into PayPal and changed passwords, added 2FA, etc. to lock it down. There's also no way to cancel the order or delete "my account".

When digging through the site, they claim that they ship with NitroExpress shipping (MidWayUSA term) and from Columbia, MO (again, MidWay), so I decided to search the Hide and found this thread. This site doesn't show up on the scam site thread referenced above....

-----------------
Edit +1 hour: Definitely a scam. Got an email to PayPal them as Friends & Family. Nope, not gonna happen.

Last edited:
www.coastalfirearmshop.com IS A SCAM.... SCAM...SCAM...SCAM...

I own Coastal Firearm Corporation in Pensacola, FL. a REAL and LEGITIMATE gun shop. We receive several calls a week where people have placed orders that never show up. We have reported this site several times and still nothing. We have tried to find these people with absolutely no luck.
This is the scam. You will place an order. You can only pay with Paypal now. The link won't work, some woman will email you with her personal Paypal and tell you to send money through friends and family. DO NOT DO IT....

Reactions: Im2bent and lash
@Stre985 did you loose your money on the scam? If so, how? Reason I'm asking is that I "placed an order" this morning for powder I haven't been able to find anywhere (https://coastalfirearmshop.com/), but what struck me as strange is that no payment info was collected. Usually, paying with PayPal kicks you to the PayPal website, but this did not. No PII was collected that couldn't be found elsewhere, but I went into PayPal and changed passwords, added 2FA, etc. to lock it down. There's also no way to cancel the order or delete "my account".

When digging through the site, they claim that they ship with NitroExpress shipping (MidWayUSA term) and from Columbia, MO (again, MidWay), so I decided to search the Hide and found this thread. This site doesn't show up on the scam site thread referenced above....

-----------------
Edit +1 hour: Definitely a scam. Got an email to PayPal them as Friends & Family. Nope, not gonna happen.
That site is a SCAM......

This is a scam. I tried a small order and they responded right away with my questions. Once the order was placed, all communications stopped and never got the order. Do not order from this website
This is a SCAM... We are the ONLY Coastal Firearm in the state of Florida located in Pensacola. We do not sell anything online...

Hey, you think a site is scam where I can only pay by means where I could never get my money back from........weird.....

Doc

Reactions: lash

-----------------
Sorry to hear that you fell victim too. They are such scum buckets.

I really hope that you didn’t buy that shotgun. That would be a terrible loss. @whatsupdoc

The gray market becoming mainstream is a huge driver of these scam websites being viable and profitable, right along with the reselling of stolen merchandise through "legit" sites like Facebook Marketplace and Amazon/eBay. People have become used to using money transfers for payment, and it's not a massive red flag when a website has only the same options. They see Zelle and PayPal FF as options and think nothing of it. Combine that with offering hard to find items and/or outstanding pricing, they will find their fool to separate from their money regularly.