• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coffee Brewers, what's out there?

Less tha 20 bucks out the door at Walmart. It does a great job.

7bf109c4-68f1-4e6a-86b8-1c4c622e479a_1.7244e26f3b3b0162cb3ea9187e9b43cf.jpeg

With Community Coffee Cafe Blend.

32oz-ground-cafe-special@2x-575.png

During the week I refill k cups and then use an aero press on the weekends. BRCC Murdered Out is my jam. Good enough that my wife stopped using cream and sugar in hers. 2 bags a month keeps us stocked up

Month into it....

Liking the Chemex Coffee and finding that BRC - "Just Black" suits my tastes.

Ordered up some of their Freedom Grind or whatever it is to try as well resupplied with some "Just Black".

If you are coffee drinkers here is a suggestion to try with your next afternoon coffee.

Drink it with a 1/4 cup of mixed nuts. Mixed nuts equal - Brazils, Macadamias, Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts - salted.

I did this the other day just because I happened to have a coffee and I was having an afternoon snack.

The combined coffee/nut flavors was like eating a rich steak coated in coffee grounds and char grilled to perfection.

Fucking tongue awesomeness....

Who is into the BRC Coffee club. Not thinking I want to spend $13/pound on coffee. Dont mind paying more to support their causes though. If the club discount gets price down to $9-10/pound I might join in.

I have a supply shipped from BRC consisting of Murdered Out and Freedom Fuel every month. I liked the JB, but prefer these 2 offerings.

I have a supply shipped from BRC consisting of Murdered Out and Freedom Fuel every month. I liked the JB, but prefer these 2 offerings.

Are the discounts worth it?

Ever get an offering from any of their partner businesses that were worth while - a good deal on a Surefire would be okay - truth be told though nothing beats the deals I find in the PX here.

Matt Best seems a great dude and I appreciate his support/being out front publicly in some of the causes I too support so paying more for good coffee doesnt bother me.

I was buying gas station Green Mountain at $.95.

Guessing I can make a travel mug of BRC for close to same price (coffee and Chemex filter costs) and enjoy better brew.

I stumbled across Longbow Roasters a few months ago, and like their 300MM and Helfire blends. IIRC, the owner is an active
Apache pilot at Ft. Hood, and works out of Salado, TX.

Any coffee brewed in a percolator over a campfire is good.

I think I tend to "overcook" when I use a percolator on either stove top or fire.

In any matter I consider any coffee brewed by anyone but me better than my production even if they brew it the exact same way I do - weird but thats the way it is.

Are the discounts worth it?

Ever get an offering from any of their partner businesses that were worth while - a good deal on a Surefire would be okay - truth be told though nothing beats the deals I find in the PX here.

Matt Best seems a great dude and I appreciate his support/being out front publicly in some of the causes I too support so paying more for good coffee doesnt bother me.

I was buying gas station Green Mountain at $.95.

Guessing I can make a travel mug of BRC for close to same price (coffee and Chemex filter costs) and enjoy better brew.

I’m in it for the coffee, which I like or I wouldn’t buy it. I haven’t used any of the “deals” that get sent to my inbox mainly because it seems that I’m not really in the market for whatever comes my way when it shows up. Also supporting a good company run by a good group of guys is a plus.

Reactions: pmclaine
Agreed!

I’m about to start backpack camping with my Son over the fall winter and spring. I’ll probably start ordering different coffees that come in the tea bags. This way I don’t have to lug around a percolator lol

I bought a small aluminum percolator at REI back before they went public with being against the Bill of Rights.

I carry coffe in a zip lock bag and 5 or 6 paper filters.

I either perc over the fire or over a GI Squad stove.

The one I use is similar to this....

1570197402805.png

weighs nothing and doesnt limit me to the "tea bag" style coffees.

Agreed!

I’m about to start backpack camping with my Son over the fall winter and spring. I’ll probably start ordering different coffees that come in the tea bags. This way I don’t have to lug around a percolator lol

I do a lot of backcountry hiking/camping, I love my Aeropress for coffee. Just use my MSR camp stove to heat water, add coffee and filter, then press.

Reactions: Rthur