• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coin shortage, my ass.

And you feel that a business owner OWES you the convenience of accepting cash if they do not want to handle cash as you have stated.
Laughing, I know of many a business that stopped taking cash, most went out of business, the rest are now begging people to pay with cash vs plastic,...why would that be?

Laughing, I know of many a business that stopped taking cash, most went out of business, the rest are now begging people to pay with cash vs plastic,...why would that be?
I would like to see the proof that not taking cash was the cause of their demise, other than pot dealers that can not bank their cash or accept cards. But, that points out yet another risk for a cash business which is how to move large amounts of cash and the danger of being robbed.

Most places that beg people to pay in cash are trying to avoid paying the lawful taxes they owe since cash was harder to track in the past. Now, not so much with the micro tracking used by the banks.

because most business that receive a good amount of cash cook the books, in some way

either 2 cash registers with 1 receipt roll for the IRS and the other that goes in the trash

or paying suppliers with cash and not showing it on the books

very high cash to credit ratio gives the owners a false/incorrect idea of cash flow, accounting and financial management in general

when they have to budget and accrue the business fails because of poor management

if the business was able to show me store traffic % of cash and credit to only credit or previous tax returns showing the are generating 3% profit (approx amount of CC fee), id put more credit (pun intended) in their stories.

several friends have cash businesses, 2 of which (successful take home 200K a year, not ice cream truck) were hit with sales tax evasion because cash deals

it took almost 2 years for each of them to understand how to manage money once they were on the strait and narrow

So now we imply taking cash is strictly to avoid taxes,...my, my, my, how the party line is sowed.

Yes, most cash based business is to avoid paying taxes which fucks the rest of us who have to pick up your slack. Do I like paying taxes and think the rate is justified, no, I do not. But it is telling by the comments here what the true reason behind the push for cash, that being trying to hide the spending or source of money.

The same people will also complain about illegal aliens and the cost they impose on our country. That cost is directly tied to their use of cash and not paying taxes to offset the cost of educating their kids, paying for their health care via the ER, pay for the infrastructure that they utilize to live here.

Reactions: brianf
“Lawful taxes”

Lmao right up there with “lawful gun laws “

Get back to work tax slave you
Yes, Taxes are legal until the law is changed, grow up.
BTW, you will never be successful trying to cheat the government. You will waste more time than the money you will temporarily possess. The IRS will catch you and F-you dry. So enjoy your pitiful life wasting hours to save pennies instead of concentrating on making real money.

BTW, you will never be successful trying to cheat the government. You will waste more time than the money you will temporarily possess. The IRS will catch you and F-you dry. So enjoy your pitiful life wasting hours to save pennies instead of concentrating on making real money.
Is all that based upon experience?

Reactions: deersniper
Lol I pay all my taxes and obey all gun laws. Doesn’t mean I can’t see how BS and hypocritical the laws are.

You should direct that anger towards our bloated .gov. Not your fellow gun owners.

Reactions: BigTex
Good luck thinking that way.....
Due to the fact that we have very tight policies to minimize stolen credit card fraud, most of the fraud we see these days is the actual card holder deciding why bother paying for what I bought, let's try to get it for free, since there is no punishment for lying and worse case scenario we just have to actually pay for what we bought, or using credit card fraud as a way to essentially get free rentals of stuff for as long as they want to use it for.

Or as my LGS told me the story, guy pays for an ID required transaction, and such, but still has the balls to try to tell his CC company it wasn't him.

Now if you have done all your records and such correct, as a retailer, you'll probably either be okay or have minimal losses (Still that returned bar of soap instead of an expensive item happens), BUT the time and effort required to properly resolve a chargeback so as not to get stuck with it can often be over an hour or more.
There’s also a fee assessed by the CC company, even when proven that the charge was legit. Pisses me off. Should be charged to the consumer rather than my business for trying to get out of paying. And yes, it does take an hour plus to research and document wish is another ‘charge’ to me as it wastes the time of my staff.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
113752616_2093639097435998_7884194444023848747_n.jpg

The coin shortage is do to people hording coins do to not trusting politically backed inked paper. As with coins one can use them for many different purposes,... same thing happened prior to 29. However back then the coin was really worth it's face value unlike today.

So now we imply taking cash is strictly to avoid taxes,...my, my, my, how the party line is sowed.

For shits and giggles, how many cash businesses do you personally know and have trust in the owners answers that do not skimp on sales tax.

i know more than id like to admit and these are regular suburban family oriented etc

my personal business is 0 % cash so i do not have pity on anyone who pays the full amount of taxes owed

Oh for the love of all that is holy, the coin shortage is not predominantly because of any grand anti-cash scheme or hoarding. It's because banks made it a royal PITA to exchange coinage for paper. 'Round here, some banks charged a fee (typically 7.5%) to return unwrapped coins, and others just flat-out refused to accept them. So they end up in jars by the front door or in the kids' piggy banks.

The mint makes about a billion dollars of new coinage each year. There is around $1.5 trillion in paper cash in circulation. It wouldn't take too many billions of coins in coffee cans before things got out of balance.

Reactions: brianf
For shits and giggles, how many cash businesses do you personally know and have trust in the owners answers that do not skimp on sales tax.

i know more than id like to admit and these are regular suburban family oriented etc

my personal business is 0 % cash so i do not have pity on anyone who pays the full amount of taxes owed
I don't care what they do, as that is none of my business.

I don't care what they do, as that is none of my business.

then where did this come from:

"Laughing, I know of many a business that stopped taking cash, most went out of business, the rest are now begging people to pay with cash vs plastic,...why would that be?"

Either you trust what the owner says or you dont

if you dont have intimate knowledge of their business practices then how can you believe that credit only caused the issues

Choose one side or the other, cant have it both ways.

then where did this come from:

"Laughing, I know of many a business that stopped taking cash, most went out of business, the rest are now begging people to pay with cash vs plastic,...why would that be?"

Either you trust what the owner says or you dont

if you dont have intimate knowledge of their business practices then how can you believe that credit only caused the issues

Choose one side or the other, cant have it both ways.
All I know is what they put on the street, their business is theirs not mine. If they don't want to take cash that's up to them. All transactions have a hidden cost, how they deal with that on their end, is up to them. When word gets around XXX gives a 5% discount for cash with good base prices as well, some people will only deal with that entity. Unlike point of sale retailers most mom & pops have to pay for stock up front, and even some of their suppliers offer cash discounts. It's interesting to see who is still operating when the power an Sats fail as well.

I would like to see the proof that not taking cash was the cause of their demise, other than pot dealers that can not bank their cash or accept cards. But, that points out yet another risk for a cash business which is how to move large amounts of cash and the danger of being robbed.

Most places that beg people to pay in cash are trying to avoid paying the lawful taxes they owe since cash was harder to track in the past. Now, not so much with the micro tracking used by the banks.
Prove that taxes are “lawful”.
Are we still debating over this?
Funny how every place I go in with signs still take my cash and give me change.
Any place that tries card only or mask required gets none of my money.
I went into quite a few gun shops the other day. All taking cash and some even had fair prices for those just now buying ammo. None of them were wearing masks despite a mandate in that town.
And I never thought I’d see the day someone was buying ammo in Alaska to take to the lower 48..
and our small town ao has been taking care of the businesses that were open and reasonable. Local eateries are doing surprisingly well.

Prove that taxes are “lawful”.
Are we still debating over this?
Funny how every place I go in with signs still take my cash and give me change.
Any place that tries card only or mask required gets none of my money.
I went into quite a few gun shops the other day. All taking cash and some even had fair prices for those just now buying ammo. None of them were wearing masks despite a mandate in that town.
And I never thought I’d see the day someone was buying ammo in Alaska to take to the lower 48..
and our small town ao has been taking care of the businesses that were open and reasonable. Local eateries are doing surprisingly well.
read the constitution. It lays out how we elect our government and how laws are made.you may not agree with the laws but they are the law. If you don’t like them, get enough of your fellow citizens to vote in different representatives and change the law.

And good for you only paying cash and not wearing a mask. At least you are not whining how merchants owe you something and must accept your cash .

All I know is what they put on the street, their business is theirs not mine. If they don't want to take cash that's up to them. All transactions have a hidden cost, how they deal with that on their end, is up to them. When word gets around XXX gives a 5% discount for cash with good base prices as well, some people will only deal with that entity. Unlike point of sale retailers most mom & pops have to pay for stock up front, and even some of their suppliers offer cash discounts. It's interesting to see who is still operating when the power an Sats fail as well.
So no real proof, just rumors from conspiracy theories. Coins are out of circulation due to coin operated businesses and the coinstar units being shut down. No one is hoarding worthless coins for use after a chink EMP shuts down the grid.

read the constitution. It lays out how we elect our government and how laws are made.you may not agree with the laws but they are the law. If you don’t like them, get enough of your fellow citizens to vote in different representatives and change the law.

And good for you only paying cash and not wearing a mask. At least you are not whining how merchants owe you something and must accept your cash .
I’ve read the constitution and I can’t find were it says taxes are lawful.
I could not tell if you were more sarcastic or patronizing concerning me not wearing my mask and paying cash but your missing my point that it’s up to both parties and trade will still happen.

Reactions: deersniper
So no real proof, just rumors from conspiracy theories. Coins are out of circulation due to coin operated businesses and the coinstar units being shut down. No one is hoarding worthless coins for use after a chink EMP shuts down the grid.
Your posts to date confirm what your about,...Nice try but the proof is in the pudding.

I’ve read the constitution and I can’t find were it says taxes are lawful.
I could not tell if you were more sarcastic or patronizing concerning me not wearing my mask and paying cash but your missing my point that it’s up to both parties and trade will still happen.
Not patronizing at all, look at my original post to the dipshit that claimed the merchant would either take his cash or he would steal the items. As for Taxes, the constitution lays out how we elect represenatives and what each house is responsible for. In this case, "all bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives" and that "Congress shall have the power to lay and collect taxes."

You seem to think overhead costs are just absorbed by the company and no big deal. Overhead costs kill a company and are always something to reduce if you want your company to be successful. Management and training have nothing to do with cost charged to process cash payment. So are you prepared to pay more due to overhead costs associated with your desired form of payment ? You willing to pay a service fee to use cash if they do not want to accept it ? And you feel that a business owner OWES you the convenience of accepting cash if they do not want to handle cash as you have stated.

BTW, did you dig up those cases of a store owner being prosecuted for defending themselves from a thief ? Still waiting on you to post up proof of your claims.

I think we're zeroing in on the management issue you have. If you truly think that I was indicating cost associated with doing business I've mentioned are simply absorbed by the company... You're the problem. Thus again proving that the company has an issue with training and management. But, that's pretty standard operating procedure for most people in management. Typically you find the best follower, not the best leader.

Your posts to date confirm what your about,...Nice try but the proof is in the pudding.
What proof ? You have not posted any. Just wild claims of the coming collapse of the grid and how change is being hoarded. SO post up the names of a few businesses that failed due to no longer accepting CASH...

What I am about ? Yea, I am not afraid of black helicopters and I pay all taxes I am legally required to pay. What are YOU about ?

I think we're zeroing in on the management issue you have. If you truly think that I was indicating cost associated with doing business I've mentioned are simply absorbed by the company... You're the problem. Thus again proving that the company has an issue with training and management. But, that's pretty standard operating procedure for most people in management. Typically you find the best follower, not the best leader.
Hard to tell what you are truly referring to with you wild claims . Since I own my businesses, I am the leader and know exactly what every thing costs. So post up those business owners and managers prosecuted for defending themselves against a thief. We are still waiting.

Regarding companies that don't take cash... Depends on where you live. A company that I worked for about this time last year, 95% or better with paid by card. Moves to a different location about 20 miles away and it's a complete different demographic. Primarily farmers, handyman, Factory workers ... they pay cash.

You may not like what I said but that's just how it is. Many a shop owners/ workers have gone to jail for assault and battery or illegal detention.

Those that don't like legal tender can pack their shit and leave and go somewhere else

You find those cases yet ? You are supposedly from Houston so it should be easy to look up >

Hard to tell what you are truly referring to with you wild claims . Since I own my businesses, I am the leader and know exactly what every thing costs. So post up those business owners and managers prosecuted for defending themselves against a thief. We are still waiting.

So trying to skirt the issue I see okay.

You claimed that cash is causing you problems because your employees can't count properly. You're the owner, therefore you're the problem. You control the training you control the management you control the hiring... you are the problem of why you're losing money with cash.

If you're like most people I've dealt with and management you'll probably brush this off... I'm really good at going into a company identifying its process flow, finding the failures in efficiency, logistical processes, and placing people and their appropriate positions. If you'd like me to come up there and train you and your staff I can. But I'll probably get a big fuck off from you here, right.

I'm reminded of dealing with a prior district manager. Sitting in his office discussing issues with lower Management, training, company policy, basic business model. When it was pointed out that the fingers get pointed back to him I was asked real simple question..." you think you can do a better job than me?" Yes, and you can likely be replaced by software. Which got me a quick fuk you. When I explained how my position can be replaced with a robot, vending machine and appropriate software his ego was seriously deflated... LOL.

Regarding prosecution of management... I don't recall specifically saying that any management was put on a docket.

So trying to skirt the issue I see okay.

You claimed that cash is causing you problems because your employees can't count properly. You're the owner, therefore you're the problem. You control the training you control the management you control the hiring... you are the problem of why you're losing money with cash.

If you're like most people I've dealt with and management you'll probably brush this off... I'm really good at going into a company identifying its process flow, finding the failures in efficiency, logistical processes, and placing people and their appropriate positions. If you'd like me to come up there and train you and your staff I can. But I'll probably get a big fuck off from you here, right.

I'm reminded of dealing with a prior district manager. Sitting in his office discussing issues with lower Management, training, company policy, basic business model. When it was pointed out that the fingers get pointed back to him I was asked real simple question..." you think you can do a better job than me?" Yes, and you can likely be replaced by software. Which got me a quick fuk you. When I explained how my position can be replaced with a robot, vending machine and appropriate software his ego was seriously deflated... LOL.

Regarding prosecution of management... I don't recall specifically saying that any management was put on a docket.
Sorry, I never said any such thing. You are making things up yet again like all the merchants prosecuted for defending themselves from thieves you posted 4 pages back.

So are you claiming you are some kind of turn around specialist ? What credentials do you hold ? PMP ? Do you understand the Deming Cycle and management method or do subscribe to an alternate methodology ?

As for your prosecution claims, I quoted you above so was that true or not ?

Last edited:
11.9 billion in coin production in 2019.
This looks to be about average from the info gathered.
Coins last/are removed from circulation after 30 years or so.
11.9 x 30 = 357,000,000,000 dollar in coinage in circulation during that 30 year period.
Divide the population into that figure.
That is a grand or better for every man/woman/child in these United States in coinage available.
As many now use plastic it would increase even higher.
The above would require a monumental task to make it seem like we are out.
You can figure out the rest.

R

Went to convivence store this morning for a 1.59 drink. Handed over two dollars cashier said sorry we have no change. I said sorry I 'm going else where and left drink on counter.

11.9 billion in coin production in 2019.
This looks to be about average from the info gathered.
Coins last/are removed from circulation after 30 years or so.
11.9 x 30 = 357,000,000,000 dollar in coinage in circulation during that 30 year period.
Divide the population into that figure.
That is a grand or better for every man/woman/child in these United States in coinage available.
As many now use plastic it would increase even higher.
The above would require a monumental task to make it seem like we are out.
You can figure out the rest.

R

My dad metal detects. I would say he has about $5-6k worth of modern coins {post 1970} he has found with his detector. Many coins made after 2002 or so pretty much dissolve if left in the ground for a couple years. He still goes to the same parks and play grounds and finds more. I have one two gallon bucket of silver and one with pennies. Last time my brother cashed in one of his buckets like mine it was about $1k.

I found out how young she was...afterwards...what I want to know is when the statute of limitations expires? :cool: