• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cold Bore Challenge

You just need to neck-down that barrel to 6.5 or 7mm! The wind is the reason everyone in the match circuit is running away from the 308!

Not sure If I will make it out to do the shot today. Got home from doing yesterdays shoot and the truck tire was leaking air pretty bad, and was flat within an hour.. And I need to go do safety and emissions so I can get it licensed.

I was noticing that in the video as well. I had the camera in the back of the truck under the camper shell, so it would not get as wet. Normally I have it right next to me at ground level, So I think that was the difference in shot angle and camera angle,

But yeah its been a hell of a learning experience. Its fun to have hits on steel. But if you take note of a miss you learn alot more about whats happening and how the conditions effecs the shot.

Last edited:
Very good!!! next time squatting position with folding stock lol! the other day I was trying to hit the quarter size in the distance of 10,25,35 yards... man I thought it was easy hahaha

Nice shooting!!:thumbup::D
I never get tired of hearing that "ding" on the steel.

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"

Nice shooting, I made a cold bore 550 yard shot on a six inch target with my 4-12 scope on my ruger m77 mk ii in 30-06 before a competition I did.

Good job and is quite a learning experience. Nice job on the folded stock shot. Ready to take it off for good yet? Who needs a cheek weld anyway :)

Keep them coming, enjoying it and shows how hard it is to dope everything right in varying conditions and get that first round hit.

Topstrap

Still a great hit with that wind. Follow-up looked like it was centered. Good shooting dude.

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"

Last edited:
Dude That was awesome to watch the trace goto the target. Nice hit!! Again does not matter that its not in the 6" circle it's still a good hit at that range. Looks like Daisy Hill is the good luck spot for hits at that range.

Great thread brother! I enjoyed watching every one of those videos man. Thank you!

I recently started shooting RL-15 as well, having switched from Varget and IMR4895. I can tell you that I get the same or similar accuracy with the heavier bullets (168-178) using less RL-15 (less velocity) than I did with Varget or I4895 behind the same bullets.

In other words, I found a sweet spot in both of my rifles pushing the 168, 175 and 178's @ right around 2550 fps. On the other hand, those same bullets like a little more speed when being pushed with Varget or I4895. I found that to be a bit strange, but on 2 separate occasions, I confirmed this to be true for me. That is using the same jump, OAL, primers etc. What I am getting at, is don't give up on the RL-15 with the heavier bullets until you slow it down just a bit and give it another try. I am wondering if you will find the same thing as I did.

When I shoot 155's (Scenars or MK's) both my guns like to run those near 2850-2900 fps using RL-15. So far, I really like RL-15 but it took me building a ladder on 2 separate occasions to figure it out.

If you are shooting the Berger (30410) VLD's with 45.0 gr of RL-15, Quickload shows 2745 FPS @ 50f using 2.800 COAL. Is that (speed) perhaps near what you chrono'd those Bergers at to get your ballistics data? Im interested to know how fast you are pushing those babies.

Really bitchen thread man... Thanks again for sharing your journey.

We'll just call that choose enough! PCR will be cerakoting my barreled action tomorrow so i should be Rollin by June to try this out on the hottest month of the year in Tucson...

Dude that was still a great shot. You never cease to impress me. That I why I love shooting with you. Keep it up.

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"

Doing very very well without electronics. Did you notice that deer/animal booking it on the far hillside???