• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

College baseball is here!

Holder was scaring the shit out of me started the count 1-2 and then went to 3-2. Then got that beautiful strike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely! That would be awesome. Going to see how my schedule plays out. At the moment i came home to help dad on the farm, got a lot of time off this pay period. I am scheduled to work the 24th but i could probably find someone to work for me.

Maybe i'm somewhat confused here, but does SEC tournament seedings not go on winning percentage in the SEC alone? at 18-12 we should've at the very least be guaranteed a fourth spot. Yet somehow 17-11-1 LSU is #3, and 18-12 USC is #4? This absolutely fucks us. We play UGA then turn around and face fucking Nola on game one vs LSU (assuming we beat UGA which we very well should), idk what pitchers Cohen will use on Tuesday but i hope it's not the ones we need to beat LSU.

Last edited:
I'm ready for this to begin. First is the college I started at and the college I finished. LSU vs SELU. Should be a good game, I certainly wish they wouldn't play games at 2 in the afternoon.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Well go figure LSU found some drugs to make them hit the baseball!!!! Maybe I should of bashed them earlier in the year. That's LSU baseball. I'm guessing the "Skipper" might have come in and given a pep talk. Congrats to the "Ragin Cajuns" down the road. Nice to have 2 National Seeds here at home.

And of course SELU getting into the regional. Both my girls graduated from there!!

Yeah LSU caught fire much like MSU did at the tourney. We just played a team that was our kryptonite (Kentucky). That said we got a hell of a regional and we win our regional and ole miss wins theirs. We face off in a super regional in oxford. Now granted idk if we would win that, but Bianco finds ways to choke and were coming together. I think it would be epic. Super regional in oxford? Count me in.

Well Mark and Blackops a lot of disappointment out there. National seeds getting their asses whipped. LSU got cold as fast as they got hot. Pitching let them down but they've struggled all year with a Sunday pitcher. Got their ass handed to them last night. Pretty embarrassing to say the least.

Pretty wild and whacky having this many National seeds puke. Interesting Super Regional will be ULL and Ole Miss! The rest I could care less about. A real potential for the CWS to be a Cinderella Ball!!

Well Mark and Blackops a lot of disappointment out there. National seeds getting their asses whipped. LSU got cold as fast as they got hot. Pitching let them down but they've struggled all year with a Sunday pitcher. Got their ass handed to them last night. Pretty embarrassing to say the least.

Pretty wild and whacky having this many National seeds puke. Interesting Super Regional will be ULL and Ole Miss! The rest I could care less about. A real potential for the CWS to be a Cinderella Ball!!
. Yes Dag, it's disappointing, I didn't think the dogs had enough this year to go to Omaha but I thought Lsu might. Sec got thumped pretty good. Coach bertman told former alabama coach Jim wells that this was a down year for the sec. How right he was! Hope all is well with you Dag!

Really kicks off tomorrow. Hope we do better than we did in the ACC championships...dropped two in a row.

Yeah i didn't think we were going to Omaha but we started coming together at the end of the season and i was pretty pleased with our performance. I mean we should've beat Georgia by more sure, i was surprised as hell to see us whip USC, and kentucky is a kryptonite for us. We're a bullpen no thrills offense kind of team, Kentucky can hit and hit well, that doesn't bode well for us. Just like ULL didn't. I honestly was surprised that Cohen didn't start Lindgren the first ULL game to try and get that win quickly. I wanted to go to Oxford for a super regional. Win or lose it would be fun.

I didn't even get to watch any of our regional, metrocast doesn't support ESPN3 here so i never saw anything but the highlights afterwards. I'm very surprised at the SEC's outings this year. What if Ole Miss makes a run like MSU? They certainly have the club to do it if they're running on all cylinders.

As for MSU i thought we had lost a lot of essential talent from last year but it's about to get worse. So the freshman this year have to step up next year and we've got to get some hardball pitchers up to speed. Dakota Hudson's turn around and integration into our lineup is essential. We need that 94-96mph friday night starter that noone can hit. Ross will still be here which is good but he needs to be more consistent. He got cold at the end of the season and when you throw 82mph and start missing and leave them up in the zone it's detrimental. Holder needs to keep doing what he did this post season and get that fast ball up to 91/92 consistently again.

We're losing two of our main hitters in Pirtle and C.T. Bradford, Detz is gone too and he did well this year. Lindgren likely goes to the MLB, losing our runners in Henderson and Armstrong. Bracewell was a good reliever he's gone as well. Freshman wise we've got to get Reid hitting. Kid was batting +.400 out of highschool he has been DH this year but his average is maybe above .250 he's got to get up to speed. Gavin Collin's well not much can be said about him, the kid is a stud. Freshman maybe but he plays like a veteran.

So recruiting class needs to be good and we've got work to do on the current team. That said it's almost a good thing we lost this early. We can go ahead and lift that burden of expectation off our kid's shoulders. Because we all know from last year there was a lot of high expectations this year, and it probably put immense pressure on our group.

Yeah i didn't think we were going to Omaha but we started coming together at the end of the season and i was pretty pleased with our performance. I mean we should've beat Georgia by more sure, i was surprised as hell to see us whip USC, and kentucky is a kryptonite for us. We're a bullpen no thrills offense kind of team, Kentucky can hit and hit well, that doesn't bode well for us. Just like ULL didn't. I honestly was surprised that Cohen didn't start Lindgren the first ULL game to try and get that win quickly. I wanted to go to Oxford for a super regional. Win or lose it would be fun.

I didn't even get to watch any of our regional, metrocast doesn't support ESPN3 here so i never saw anything but the highlights afterwards. I'm very surprised at the SEC's outings this year. What if Ole Miss makes a run like MSU? They certainly have the club to do it if they're running on all cylinders.

As for MSU i thought we had lost a lot of essential talent from last year but it's about to get worse. So the freshman this year have to step up next year and we've got to get some hardball pitchers up to speed. Dakota Hudson's turn around and integration into our lineup is essential. We need that 94-96mph friday night starter that noone can hit. Ross will still be here which is good but he needs to be more consistent. He got cold at the end of the season and when you throw 82mph and start missing and leave them up in the zone it's detrimental. Holder needs to keep doing what he did this post season and get that fast ball up to 91/92 consistently again.

We're losing two of our main hitters in Pirtle and C.T. Bradford, Detz is gone too and he did well this year. Lindgren likely goes to the MLB, losing our runners in Henderson and Armstrong. Bracewell was a good reliever he's gone as well. Freshman wise we've got to get Reid hitting. Kid was batting +.400 out of highschool he has been DH this year but his average is maybe above .250 he's got to get up to speed. Gavin Collin's well not much can be said about him, the kid is a stud. Freshman maybe but he plays like a veteran.

So recruiting class needs to be good and we've got work to do on the current team. That said it's almost a good thing we lost this early. We can go ahead and lift that burden of expectation off our kid's shoulders. Because we all know from last year there was a lot of high expectations this year, and it probably put immense pressure on our group.

Well said blackops, you are spot on!

All my Ole Miss friends are telling me Hotty Toddy right now and asking me "how about them rebels" lol i went there for a year so to a degree i do pull for them. Half of them were like me last year, never really gotten into college baseball and then saw how much fun it can be and started watching. They deserve it though they're very good.

All my Ole Miss friends are telling me Hotty Toddy right now and asking me "how about them rebels" lol i went there for a year so to a degree i do pull for them. Half of them were like me last year, never really gotten into college baseball and then saw how much fun it can be and started watching. They deserve it though they're very good.

Respectfully: Sorry to give your Ole Miss friends the bad news, B'ops, but my Virginia boys are gonna be all over Ole Miss come Sunday. Should be a good game though. (Almost) makes me wish I had a television. Im hoping we go all the way this year. Wahoowa

UVA 2-Ole Miss.1

So far, so good.

Yeah maggot you guys had me worried there for some innings. Momentum started to shift and UM started doing decent. Thank God they were stupid enough to pitch into the best hitter in the nation lol. I need one more loss from them and then i can relax and things can go back to normal lol

UVA-3/TCU-2

Whew, 14 innings. Had me on the edge of my seat.

Next

Virginia-4/Ole Miss-1

We're in the Championship.

Congrats! Hope Parker French can keep those Vandy bats cool for one more game. Would very much enjoy a Texas vs Virginia Championship.

Having lived in Texas for some 20 years and a fan of Texas baseball, thats the match up I'd like to see as well. Might as well beat a tradition. And they thought Augie was washed up.

So glad UM is out of it. The world is back to normal maybe we see them in another 40+ years.

oh geez, Parker French struggling, loaded bases up again. But hey, it's only the first inning....

....and UT escapes with only letting one run score.

Last edited:
oh geez, Parker French struggling, loaded bases up again. But hey, it's only the first inning....

....and UT escapes with only letting one run score.

Looks like extra innings....
and Teas has gone deep into their bullpen. Thats good for Virginia and we have two days rest....

Oh man, it was 2 outs nobody on and now star closer Curtis just beaned the batter and loaded bases in bottom of 10th....

...and an infield single wins it for Vandy. Sigh. How quickly things can turn.

Congrats to the Commodores. Great game.

Should be a fun CWS Championship.

Last edited:
Oh man, star closer Curtis just beaned the batter and loaded bases in bottom of 10th....

...and an infield single wins it for Vandy. Sigh.

Congrats to the Commodores. Great game.

Should be a fun CWS Championship.

Tough loss, good game. Was hoping we would play you all, but I think Vandy will be an easier time.

I'm picking Virginia to take the title. I think their the most complete team. If beebe is on it will be Interesting. Candy has lots of good arms as well as Virginia. I think Virginia is better hitting team though. That's why I'm picking them.

9 runs in one inning.....but we are coming back.

9-8. My asshole is knotted up tighter than Veer_G's turban.

One thing for sure is I believe the two Division I teams with the strongest overall pitching are facing off in the Finals. Not sure how Virginia left the lefty in long enough to screw the pooch for them last night. Huge coaching mistake in my opinion. Dropping the first game isn't the end but it puts you behind the 8 ball quickly. It was actually enjoyable to see teams with outstanding pitching hitting the ball well.

Should be interesting. Mark you might have to eat your prediction!!!

One thing for sure is I believe the two Division I teams with the strongest overall pitching are facing off in the Finals. Not sure how Virginia left the lefty in long enough to screw the pooch for them last night. Huge coaching mistake in my opinion. Dropping the first game isn't the end but it puts you behind the 8 ball quickly. It was actually enjoyable to see teams with outstanding pitching hitting the ball well.

. It won't be the first time Dag.

Yep, they left Kirby in way to long. Felt sorry for the kid, hes only a sophomore though, and has great potential. Didnt have anybody warmed up. Bad lack of foresight. Vandy really didnt hit the ball all that well, we walked in 4 or 5 of their runs, and then it tool a few more to change the momentum.... other than that one inning we pasted them. Hoping things go better for the next two nights.

Not yet. It aint over til its over. Didnt know Papi was playing fullback.

The boys really showed what the're made of tonight. 27 more.

Van Winkle time.

Congrats to Vandy on its first national championship. Hats off to UVA, they had a fine ball club. Great year maggot.

I didn't get to see it but heard it was a hell of a game. Congrats to vandy.

Maggot I know how you feel man. I was heart broken when we lost last year. Virginia will get theirs they're too good of a ball club year in year out.

Last edited:
Here's a little factoid that hasn't got much air time.

The winner of that other college baseball national tourney, the NAIA, was the Cumberland Bulldogs. Cumberland University is in Lebanon, Tennessee, not 30 miles from the Vanderbilt Campus.

Cumberland University's main claim to fame is being on the short end of the most lopsided victory in college sports history, losing a football game to Georgia Tech in 1916 by the score of 222 to nothing.

I didn't get to see it but heard it was a hell of a game. Congrats to vandy.

Maggot I know how you feel man. I was heart broken when we lost last year. Virginia will get theirs they're too good of a ball club year in year out.

We do have most of the players returning. The two pitchers, Waddell and Kirby (who blew the second game) are both 2nd years so have a lot of playing left.

It wasn't that many years ago that Virginia made it to the CWS, what was impressive is that particular year and I can't remember which one, they had a lot of freshmen starting. They represented well. I said then they would be back. It wasn't a fluke as they've been back. You have to have a solid program to get to the dance with freshmen.

That being said, next year will be a completely different story. It will be the "small ball" wizzards that will rise to the occasion again. Of course pitching depth will play a hardy part.

College Baseball has transformed certainly not for the better, just like many other things in society have transformed, "certainly not for the better" If they think using a new rinky dink baseball is gonna fix the broken wheel everyone is in for a rude awakening.

I for one thought with the exception of pitching i was watching a bunch of High School kids playing. Sorry if it hurts anyone's feelings but it is what it is.

I came from an era where small ball was a fundamental part of the game. At times proper application of the fundamental won (games) for you. But it did not dictate your entire season.

You younger guys that come from a different era might enjoy this application of College Baseball, I for one thought this years CWS goes down in history as one of the worse and most uninteresting Series. And I have been watching it longer than most here I'm sure.

Like it or not Cinderella will rule the Ball for quite some time to come.

Dag, those bbcor bats suck man. I can hit one farther with wood than those. It's definitely taking the power out of the game. Also as I've been coaching kids for awhile and doing lessons their is a drop off in ball players in general. Their softer, not as mature, as focused and don't have the drive that I saw years ago. I think it's the entitlement generation and not only ball players, but people as a whole. That's why this country is in the shitstorm it's in today. I agree wholeheartedly in what your saying dag.

Dag, those bbcor bats suck man. I can hit one farther with wood than those. It's definitely taking the power out of the game. Also as I've been coaching kids for awhile and doing lessons their is a drop off in ball players in general. Their softer, not as mature, as focused and don't have the drive that I saw years ago. I think it's the entitlement generation and not only ball players, but people as a whole. That's why this country is in the shitstorm it's in today. I agree wholeheartedly in what your saying dag.

Those aluminum bats suck. Not only do they lose range but instead of "The CRACK of the bat." You get "The DINK of the bat.", just not the same.

Yep, when I was a kid I would nave paid to play for the Yankees....Mantle, Maris, Berra, Ford, etc.