• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colorado closing roads

supercorndogs

Ham Fisted Gorilla
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2014
Colorado

This article struck me as over the last two years I have noticed CDOT closing roads on a whim. Last year during two diffrent wind storms they closed highway 287 from lamar to spring field because there are two miles of fields blowing dust outside of lamar. That is 45 miles of highway. A few week ago, they closed the highway from lamar to las Animas when there was an 800 acre fire on the other side of Las Animas and the river from the highway. Again 32 miles of highway closed people routed over an hour around it. They had snow plow parked backwards in the middle of the road blocking it. And the fire burned about 2 square miles of river bottom about 5 or 10 miles from the highway.

Colorado passed a law in 2020 cdot can close the highway when ever they want for "public safety."

Now they're running drivers off the road with snow plows for ignoring their frivolous closures. I have seen bad dust storms and river bottom fires all my life. Prior to the last two years I have seen the highway closed twice during severe blizzards where more than 3ft of snow fell in a day.

Enough said….

There’s a plan behind it all. Think fires in Maui with LE closing roads on evacuation routes. Stay tuned for a “major natural disaster” in Colorado soon.
42u21d.jpg

Plan ahead. Arrive at the polls early. The road might be closed and you won't be able to get there in time.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
I will say this… If a snow plow intentionally drives me off a road/runs into me, it better be an armored snowplow.. Cuz that MF’s last two brain cells are meeting lead. Now we have plow drivers thinking they’re LE.. The sim is on the fritz

Reactions: 232593
What was the ruling about how a non LE government employee deserved more qualified imunitity than a police officer in executing his duties because they don't understand QI or something like that...

LIved in colorado back in the late 90s early 2000's. Left in about 2010. Beautiful, but currently a bit fucked up...

This dude wasnt just a driver though, was he? When big rigs intervene in pursuits by stopping the fleeing vehicle, we all cheer. This doesn't seem that different to me.

This dude wasnt just a driver though, was he? When big rigs intervene in pursuits by stopping the fleeing vehicle, we all cheer. This doesn't seem that different to me.
He was being pursued for entering a highway that was closed. That clearly he was able to drive on just fine. I wonder what other drivers the snow plow was "shielding from him."

Reactions: 1AvgMarksman
Guy evaded a traffic stop and the plow just helped stop him... likely radioed by the sheriff. It was a felon running from the cops.

"Law enforcement says that the driver of the Jeep Cherokee passed staff at the closure point, including a Grand County Sheriff's Office sergeant positioned at the location. After the sergeant attempted a traffic stop, the Jeep Cherokee continued its route up the pass. The sergeant pursued the vehicle to the top of the pass before turning the situation over to Clear Creek County law enforcement."

He was being pursued for entering a highway that was closed. That clearly he was able to drive on just fine. I wonder what other drivers the snow plow was "shielding from him."
The condition of the road wasnt addressed in any detail, except to say heavy snow. Seems like a reasonable reason to close a road.

Dude with a felony warrant shows up at a road closure, says fuck you to the cops and the road dept, drives around it, gets chased, then foot bails after the crash, and you're making a case for this idiot? Seems like a shitty example to use when raging at road closures.

Using a snowplow to intentionally hit you in your vehicle is a clear threat against your life. Act accordingly.

Using a snowplow to intentionally hit you in your vehicle is a clear threat against your life. Act accordingly.
You and several others never read the article. Its like what the media does and how it affects the people... They see the headline and form the rest in their mind without even reading the actual article and what they formed in their mine had nothing to do with the article and pretty soon you have a population trying to ban toasters because anti-bacterial dish soap makes black women fat.

You and several others never read the article. Its like what the media does and how it affects the people... They see the headline and form the rest in their mind without even reading the actual article and what they formed in their mine had nothing to do with the article and pretty soon you have a population trying to ban toasters because anti-bacterial dish soap makes black women fat.
What part of my statement isn’t factual?

There was over 2” of snow.
Several avalanche paths need blasted and cleaned up.

I dont really care and report was the party bypassed the closure, then took off as someone pursued them, and crashed into the plow.
The part of the story regarding how the plow and jeep came in contact is sensationalized at best for click bait.

In the pic in the article, it is at the Stanley Slide path. Crosses 40 between the town of Berthoud Falls and the summit of the pass.
The Jeep is clearly WAY outside his lane (far right of pic) to be on the side of the plow it was.

I know that pass exceedingly well. Got trapped on top more than once going BC skiing before work when they shut it to shoot avalanches. I would be driving up about 4:30 and they would close it around 6.
Pretty fun skiing knee deep powder in the early dawn and hearing 105 shells exploding a mile away.

you were 100% correct in your statement but it had no relevance to the article. Everyone read the title and assumed the plow driver just decided to take someone out. It was a felon who ran from police.
No, it was vehicle who ignored their closure. They had no idea who was in the car.

No, I think you and supersubs drive plows for a living… Maybe. We know you lick boots and suck dk when a cop asks.. That’s for sure. ✌🏻

There was over 2” of snow.
Several avalanche paths need blasted and cleaned up.

I dont really care and report was the party bypassed the closure, then took off as someone pursued them, and crashed into the plow.
The part of the story regarding how the plow and jeep came in contact is sensationalized at best for click bait.

In the pic in the article, it is at the Stanley Slide path. Crosses 40 between the town of Berthoud Falls and the summit of the pass.
The Jeep is clearly WAY outside his lane (far right of pic) to be on the side of the plow it was.

I know that pass exceedingly well. Got trapped on top more than once going BC skiing before work when they shut it to shoot avalanches. I would be driving up about 4:30 and they would close it around 6.
Pretty fun skiing knee deep powder in the early dawn and hearing 105 shells exploding a mile away.
There are no tracks leading to where the vehicle is stopped beside the plow. That would lead me to believe that plow pushed the vehicle to where it is sitting.

Have you ever seen this pass closed because it was snowing? Were they blasting avalanche shoots in the middle of a snow storm?

I don't know anything about the situation besides what is written in the article. And the highway closures I have seen around here which were beyond stupid. I have driven in the mountains in foul weather many times and never seen a highway closed for snow. You could dump 3ft on Salida and they wouldn't even have a school snow delay. They are ready for it.

Also I thought the sheriff's rule of law comment was pretty telling.

Arr other areas of CO not seeing the highway closed for stupid reasons? Is SE CO being targeted politically?

There are no tracks leading to where the vehicle is stopped beside the plow. That would lead me to believe that plow pushed the vehicle to where it is sitting.

Have you ever seen this pass closed because it was snowing? Were they blasting avalanche shoots in the middle of a snow storm?

I don't know anything about the situation besides what is written in the article. And the highway closures I have seen around here which were beyond stupid. I have driven in the mountains in foul weather many times and never seen a highway closed for snow. You could dump 3ft on Salida and they wouldn't even have a school snow delay. They are ready for it.

Also I thought the sheriff's rule of law comment was pretty telling.

Arr other areas of CO not seeing the highway closed for stupid reasons? Is SE CO being targeted politically?
I work in the Eastern Sierra mountains. Roads get closed every time there is a storm. Im not talking about just snow, but an actual storm. The snow removal equipment either cant keep up, or its a whiteout and there isn’t sufficient visibility to maintain the road. Sending cars into that guarantees we have to rescue them later. Very frequently it isnt apparent at the closure location that conditions are bad ahead. The closure location is where it is so large vehicles can be more easily turned around, or if they choose to wait, they can do so near amenities like fuel, food and shelter.

From the location photo, it appears it was snowing quite a bit, but they're continuing to maintain the road, which is why the rest of the road looks so good. For obvious reasons they cant clean around the plow and the SUV.

I work in the Eastern Sierra mountains. Roads get closed every time there is a storm. Im not talking about just snow, but an actual storm. The snow removal equipment either cant keep up, or its a whiteout and there isn’t sufficient visibility to maintain the road. Sending cars into that guarantees we have to rescue them later. Very frequently it isnt apparent at the closure location that conditions are bad ahead. The closure location is where it is so large vehicles can be more easily turned around, or if they choose to wait, they can do so near amenities like fuel, food and shelter.

From the location photo, it appears it was snowing quite a bit, but they're continuing to maintain the road, which is why the rest of the road looks so good. For obvious reasons they cant clean around the plow and the SUV.
We used to try to avoid doing thing like California here. Not becoming like that ridiculous stink hole actually used to be a goal here.

I worked in the Colorado rocky mountains and when it was time for your hitch you were expected to be there. Rain, snow, or shine. I followed a plow over monarch pass many times.

Yes, it snows quite a bit on the mountain passes. All winter. Every year.

Reactions: Yasherka
You have no idea what actually happened except a click bait story by a liberal news outlet and choose to get all up in hackles.
How long before the pic was taken?
Again, no idea.

As for you area?
Who knows.

Likely the deep state targeting you personally is my guess……

We used to try to avoid doing thing like California here. Not becoming like that ridiculous stink hole actually used to be a goal here.

I worked in the Colorado rocky mountains and when it was time for your hitch you were expected to be there. Rain, snow, or shine. I followed a plow over monarch pass many times.

Yes, it snows quite a bit on the mountain passes. All winter. Every year.
I agree with you, leave the road open and let nature sort everybody out. In practice, it doesn't work that well. You yourself may be extremely prepared and experienced. The trouble comes When some idiot from Denver with his bald tire Corolla wants to give it a go.

You have no idea what actually happened except a click bait story by a liberal news outlet and choose to get all up in hackles.
How long before the pic was taken?
Again, no idea.

As for you area?
Who knows.

Likely the deep state targeting you personally is my guess……
No. I know for a fact the three closures I mentioned were absolute bullshit. I also noticed they parked a snow plow in the middle of the highway last time they blocked it.

Please feel free to post your source so we can all be enlightened to what really happenned. Even though that's not the subject of the thread.

Also feel free to answer the questions rather than going on the attack.

Non-leftist areas would never be politically targeted when democrats are in power... 👍👍👍

I agree with you, leave the road open and let nature sort everybody out. In practice, it doesn't work that well. You yourself may be extremely prepared and experienced. The trouble comes When some idiot from Denver with his bald tire Corolla wants to give it a go.
I see. I see. Für Ihre Sicherheit.

I sure feel safer now.

Reactions: chevy_man
I never said I knew what happened.
I just pointed out you don't either, but are all up in arms.

If you are so enlightened, surely you know better than to believe a story from a super liberal news source?

If the truth is an attack, I dont know what to tell ya.

I never said I knew what happened.
I just pointed out you don't either, but are all up in arms.

If you are so enlightened, surely you know better than to believe a story from a super liberal news source?

If the truth is an attack, I dont know what to tell ya.
So not answering any questions then?

I see. I mean you wrote the exerp below.

"I dont really care and report was the party bypassed the closure, then took off as someone pursued them, and crashed into the plow.
The part of the story regarding how the plow and jeep came in contact is sensationalized at best for click bait."

The report was the plow driver rammed them to protect other vehicles. What report are you looking at?

Up in arms. At least that one is correct. The other one should read "got your hackles up." Not up in hackles. It is referring to the hair that stands up on a dog's back.

It's funny how peopel will cry about government overreach all day. Then get their hackles all up if someone else points something out.

Maybe attack was the wrong word. How about talking shit?

So your point being what? As long as it's for someone's safety it's OK?
In that post I specifically said it doesn't work in “practice”. Ive laid out some of, but not all the factors in previous posts. You're too busy screaming at the sky to consider any of them, and you're certainly not gonna ask any questions.

In that post I specifically said it doesn't work in “practice”. Ive laid out some of, but not all the factors in previous posts. You're too busy screaming at the sky to consider any of them, and you're certainly not gonna ask any questions.
So, yes your point was as long as it's for someone's safety it's OK. 10-4. Just wanted to make sure that was where you were coming from.

Everything they did during the fake pandemic was for your safety too. Had to protect those vulnerable citizens with the "bald tires," if you will.

Screaming at the sky. 🤣🤣🤣 words on a screen don't have volume. I guess you cali guys are just use to big gov in action. You gripe and cry about it, then defend it and attack anyone who speaks poorly of it.

I am not sure where many missed the point and wanted to argue about the one incident. But I am not surprised it happened or anything.

So, yes your point was as long as it's for someone's safety it's OK. 10-4. Just wanted to make sure that was where you were coming from.

Everything they did during the fake pandemic was for your safety too. Had to protect those vulnerable citizens with the "bald tires," if you will.

Screaming at the sky. 🤣🤣🤣 words on a screen don't have volume. I guess you cali guys are just use to big gov in action. You gripe and cry about it, then defend it and attack anyone who speaks poorly of it.

I am not sure where many missed the point and wanted to argue about the one incident. But I am not surprised it happened or anything.
Again, zero attempt to understand the situation, or any other perspective. You got click-baited into posting your rant, and all you’ve done is dodge.

• Haha
Reactions: Haney
Again, zero attempt to understand the situation, or any other perspective. You got click-baited into posting your rant, and all you’ve done is dodge.

It's like you can't see the irony of accusing me of exactly what you are doing.

Again said incident was not really the subject of the thread. You could read the OP and see that. But that would require you to look at another perspective.

I lived on the front range, outside of Denver. Every now and again they would close i70 east into KS, but that was pretty rare back then. Makes sense the nanny state being more helicopter karen about closing roads these days. Not surprising in the slightest...

You nailed it, well said .

It's like you can't see the irony of accusing me of exactly what you are doing.

Again said incident was not really the subject of the thread. You could read the OP and see that. But that would require you to look at another perspective.
I addressed it in my very first post. The closure was a significant portion of your initial post, as was your first response to me. Ive been on the closure ever since, because I have direct knowledge of them. You cant seem to see any reason to close a road.

Go ahead, dodge away!

I addressed it in my very first post. The closure was a significant portion of your initial post, as was your first response to me. Ive been on the closure ever since, because I have direct knowledge of them. You cant seem to see any reason to close a road.

Go ahead, dodge away!
I addressed your posts directly. I never said there was no reason to close a road. I questioned why it was closed and I am reasonably suspect in their closure due to what I have seen.

You know just as little about the situation as everyone else. You have what we have. An article and bunch of speculation that mostly goes directly against the article.

And I don't think snow plow drivers should be ramming someone for driving on a closed road.

BTW. What i wrote about the article in the OP. "This article struck me because"

Must not have read past line 1. Par for the course. 🤣🤣🤣