• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colorado gun laws truth?

opshin556

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2012
Kalifornia
Guys, can I get any reports on the current state of Colorado and where it stands on the firearm freedoms?

I am well aware of the laws, I can google.

what I am looking for is intel.

I have heard rumors that Colorado may be close to considering some California type gun laws.

Any truth to this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Colorado gun laws truth?

I keep pretty close tabs on this topic and have already been a plaintiff in one suit here in CO in relation to gun rights. That being said, I haven't heard of anything coming up that's worth noting. The whole state is pretty free except Denver which is trying to be New York-ish in it's anti-gun policies.

AS far as class 3 ownership Colorado allows onwnership of suppressors and machine guns. But from what my CO friends telll me you cannot hunt with a suppressor. They told me that if is in the works to allow this in the future? That is all I know, I would like more feedback the the CO folks as well!

Suppressor hunting has been discussed at length here on SH. Call any one of the DOW offices and/or read the hunting regs for yourself. Suppressors are 100% legal for ANY hunting in Colorado.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NRF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> But from what my CO friends telll me you cannot hunt with a suppressor. </div></div>

I'm 99% sure you can.

RMGO has a wealth of information with regard to gun rights in CO. They update the information as soon as it is released. It is good to know the laws and keep up with the info. http://www.rmgo.org/