• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colorado Tripod company 4-series

Tagging in.

Aside from the integrated ball head option, what are the differences between the RMTS Vector tripod ($599) and CTC Centennial 4-Series tripods ($449)?

I knew they were doomed when they announced that they hoped to be shipping units by Jan 1. Seems to be the kiss of death in the shooting sports industry.

They also have a Kickstarter that they need to settle as well that just stopped funding 2 days ago.

Starting to doubt my decision. I could have put my $1000 buy in into a investment and made enough to make the extra $5-600 to get a full rrs setup in the time that they’ve had my money. Question is though. Is this a better mousetrap?

Starting to doubt my decision. I could have put my $1000 buy in into a investment and made enough to make the extra $5-600 to get a full rrs setup in the time that they’ve had my money. Question is though. Is this a better mousetrap?

Who knows? It's not going to be a known quantity for probably a year when people get them and can run them through their paces. And after that year will come the gen 2 version to take care of the nitpicks.

While I'm eager to get mine I'm not worried yet. This is a company that has existed for a while and they have a complete and good design that has been reviewed by outside people, particularly lowlight.

I'm personally ok being an early adopter on this one and forgoing a RRS setup. YMMV.

Reactions: RS14
Here's a response I got today from Cody:

Hi, Sorry for the delay. I’ve been traveling a bit and haven’t had access to the internet.
We got a few of them made and decided that we needed to make one or two weeks to the design to ensure the stability and corrosion resistance. So we’re estimating an early March delivery date.

Best,
Cody

For clarification, does the link above take us to the proto-type series 4 tripod Lowlight has been working on? I want to get on the buy list for sure, but am definitely only going to order the one he’s helping develop.

Yes, the link is to the tripod (the Vector) which is the prototype that Lowlight has been testing and consulting on.

(sorry for the delayed response, had some health issues pop up and stepped back for a bit)

What's the general warranty on these things? $1000 is still a decent amount of money.

I was originally looking at some sort of leofoto setup with rrs head. Originally planning on spending about 800$. This is tempting.
We are still working on the specifics, but last time I chatted with the owner about it his main goal is to make it a top of the line warranty that exceeds any other brand out there. The next part isn't confirmed yet, but we discussed having a 60-day return policy for 100% refund and a 5 year manufacturer's warranty (covers issues that are design and manufacturing related, not drops or accidental damage) with free shipping back to us (for US based customers).
Again, nothing above is set in stone or an official policy, but we'll update the website with the info once it's been approved

(sorry for the delayed response, had some health issues pop up and stepped back for a bit)

Reactions: RS14
interesting. looking forward to seeing ur ballhead.

will this be at shot show?

also i am out due to 4 leg sections but will keep eye posted for future releases...

regards
DT
Yes, we just got word that we got into SHOT show, but we will not have a booth. I won't be able to make it, but the owner of the company (Graham) and the Operations Manager (Chris) will be there with the updated prototype. DM me if you'd like me to help coordinate a meeting for the 3 of you

Reactions: D_TROS
I knew they were doomed when they announced that they hoped to be shipping units by Jan 1. Seems to be the kiss of death in the shooting sports industry.
It was a lofty goal for sure. We decided to make a few small design changes to ensure the stability that we are wanting as well as some different materials for the lower leg joints to make them corrosion resistant. So unfortunately that set us back a small amount.

I’ve also been trying to pin down a plan for a tripod setup. I didn’t want to drop RRS money because I just kicked off a new rifle build. Was thinking about something in the leofoto or two vets camp that could get me by for a year and then become a secondary/backup later. This may be a good middle ground. Just to be sure I understand. The integrated ball setup completely replaces the apex. So there is no switching from standard bowl to ball. Correct?
We're designing the "integrated" version to actually be removable (drop in/out) so that you can still use the bowl in case you want to attach a shooting bag platform or clamp system. So it'll be versatile for the shooter

Reactions: Bayhawk21
Yes, we just got word that we got into SHOT show, but we will not have a booth. I won't be able to make it, but the owner of the company (Graham) and the Operations Manager (Chris) will be there with the updated prototype. DM me if you'd like me to help coordinate a meeting for the 3 of you

Will they be hanging out anywhere in particular?

Looking good!! Any plans for an ultralight hunting setup? Same ball head with lighter, shorter legs perhaps?

Tagging in for interest. I like the integrated head a lot.

A couple photos posted on Facebook by Marc Taylor of the Alaska Precision Rifle Course and Wiggy's Alaska:
BD8CA476-33B2-4CDC-B6E2-9E6ABE0CCD8C.jpeg
8B952619-FB1B-4C3F-9F07-9A70BD0FED66.jpeg

Any update on availability? Still tracking to first shipments in March as stated on the site?

My biggest question has to do with the fact that there are seemingly two different Colorado Tripod Companies operating that both are selling a 2-series tripod w/ column and a 4-series tripod without. Anyone want to offer some clarification on that since now it appears both of the "4-series" tripods have new names and are both delivering at the start of March?

My biggest question has to do with the fact that there are seemingly two different Colorado Tripod Companies operating that both are selling a 2-series tripod w/ column and a 4-series tripod without. Anyone want to offer some clarification on that since now it appears both of the "4-series" tripods have new names and are both delivering at the start of March?

Colorado Tripod Company is the brand for their photography tripods and heads. When they started making a tripod for shooting they started up the Rocky Mountain Tactical Supports brand. They are the same people. This thread's creation predates the creation of the RMTS brand hence why it references CTC.

Hope that answers your question.

Will there be mounts to attach binos/spotting scopes

Edit:
I should have looked into it more.As you can tell, I'm looking for my first tripod :<

We’ve been ghosted. Tried to contact them before our road trip for courses and got nothing. If it develops, it develops. Best bet is to move on until they come back online if they ever come back online. — Taylor

Specific to the shooting tripod, I got the following response on there 7th of this month from Chris:

"I am expecting everything to be complete and ready to go in roughly 6 weeks."

There's been multiple delays so I think it's safe to say the timeline here isn't completely trustworthy.

I shot with them this year before the rona hit. Would be nice to support a CO company so Ill just stand back and watch.

Having been involved with a new product a couple of times in different areas I know the heartburn of anticipation and the gut wrenching reality that nothing goes to plan.

Good luck guys get us a quality product, take no shotcuts and get us a finished product!!

GL
DT

Hi,

I wouldn't read too much into the release delay as being a bad thing in itself. (Not referring to preorder customers...that just sucks and I wish companies would get out of that habit)
Speaking from PERSONAL experience I have delayed my stuff this year due to improvements, design changes, alloy changes, etc that I wanted to make before release rather than 6 months after release.
So yes development to production delays suck for customers in regards to getting their new product purchased but trust me it SUCKS for the manufacturer too.

Sincerely,
Theis

I'll hold out until end of this year/ early next year before pulling the trigger. Between this and RRS. As I've learned on other things have to set a deadline to purchase or you may just keep waiting for the "next great thing".

Last edited:
Reactions: Bayhawk21
I'll hold out until end of this year/ early next year before pulling the trigger. Between this and RRS. As I've learned on other things have to set a deadline to purchase or you may just keep waiting for the "next great thing".
I agree... not so say I’m in a rush by any means I am just hoping that it’s close to my time line when I want to purchase. EOY sounds good but past that may need to look else were... the price point is where I would like...

I couldn't wait any longer, so an RRS TFCT-33 with Anvil is on the way. I would have loved to have seen the final version of the Vector with the integrated ball head, though.

This is vapor ware. They had my money for almost a year. Finally got it back and went RRS. Couldn’t be happier!

Are there any new updates here? The website indicates still taking preorders.

I am ready for a tripod and really interested in one of these. Any updates @FD-Click

Just got off the phone with Graham. I am heading over to their shop after work to check out their operation. Will report back with anything good or bad!

Regards
DT

Just got off the phone with Graham. I am heading over to their shop after work to check out their operation. Will report back with anything good or bad!

Regards
DT
An accurate delivery date for the ballheads and maybe a photo or two of them would be awesome.

Well forgot to share what happened.

I met with Graham who is the owner. Toured his shop. They have a pretty nice place. Checked out all his products and fondeled em for several hours just talking one engineer to another and looking at all the cool stuff.

Tripod first - Its legit. Its ready to ship. They have a warehouse full of them. If you want one order one and you will get it very fast. He said they have been ready to ship for quite some time. Whatever that means. ha.

**ETA - Yes this is made in Denver CO in his CNC shop. Merica.

Long story short I was able to get a tripod from him and use it this weekend at the NRL Hunter Match in Laramie WY. It saved my bacon. I shot almost every stage off of it. My normal feisol is a distant memory.

2021 WY 6.jpg

Those tripod chaps that Fehu Outdoors makes are the length of the feisol leg...for comparison

The quarter turn locks on the legs are sooooooo nice. It goes taller than me and one of my favorite things about this tripod is its collapsed length is quite long. If I extend just one leg it is already tall enough to shoot off of standing up. very useful feature I never knew I needed. ha.

Ball Head - Its still in the design. Graham was not happy with his current one so he is building a better one. His idea for a new design is going to be verry innovative if he is able to pull it off. I cant spoil his ideas but again im going to be very patient and excited if he is able to pull it off.

Long story short, this tripod is very exciting. Its rock solid. Its a CO company and I live here and love supporting local companies. He is also going to be supporting shooting matches with sponsorship so I was very glad to hear that. Anytime a company supports shooters in any way, which very few tripod companies do, I will support them any way I can.

GL
DT

Last edited:

I met with Graham who is the owner. Toured his shop. They have a pretty nice place. Checked out all his products and fondeled em for several hours just talking one engineer to another and looking at all the cool stuff.

Tripod first - Its legit. Its ready to ship. They have a warehouse full of them. If you want one order one and you will get it very fast. He said they have been ready to ship for quite some time. Whatever that means. ha.

Long story short I was able to get a tripod from him and use it this weekend at the NRL Hunter Match in Laramie WY. It saved my bacon. I shot almost every stage off of it. My normal feisol is a distant memory.

View attachment 7612440

Those tripod chaps that Fehu Outdoors makes are the length of the feisol leg...for comparison

The quarter turn locks on the legs are sooooooo nice. It goes taller than me and one of my favorite things about this tripod is its collapsed length is quite long. If I extend just one leg it is already tall enough to shoot off of standing up. very useful feature I never knew I needed. ha.

Ball Head - Its still in the design. Graham was not happy with his current one so he is building a better one. His idea for a new design is going to be verry innovative is he is able to pull it off. I cant spoil his ideas but again im going to be very patient and excited if he is able to pull it off.

Long story short, this tripod is very exciting. Its rock solid. Its a CO company and I live here and love supporting local companies. He is also going to be supporting shooting matches with sponsorship so I was very glad to hear that. Anytime a company supports shooters in any way, which very few tripod companies do, I will support them any way I can.

GL
DT
Thank you for the update.

In regards to the ballhead, do you have an opinion on whether you think he can pull off the new ballhead design?

View attachment 7612440

Ball Head - Its still in the design. Graham was not happy with his current one so he is building a better one. His idea for a new design is going to be verry innovative is he is able to pull it off. I cant spoil his ideas but again im going to be very patient and excited if he is able to pull it off.

GL
DT
How much was your setup?

Was any sort of timing given on when the new head would be ready?

No timing given. With any new product it depends on when he has the time. He said if he buckled down it could be a week...lol we both know there are kinks etc etc etc etc etc and then real life punches you in the face.

As with the tripod being released slower than anticipated, Im going to be patiently watching this thread. I would be ecstatic if it was 1 month but it will prob be a year and thats just me being pessimistic on real life designing cool stuff.

Thank you for the update.

In regards to the ballhead, do you have an opinion on whether you think he can pull off the new ballhead design?

Its not whether he can pull it off. His idea utilizes some 70's tech and modern twists. Its whether it will be faster and better than whats currently available. I use an anvil ball head because I believe its the best and fastest available. If his can beat it im skeptical but his theory was solid.

I believe he will also make a heavy duty typical ball head I saw when I was there. he protyped 2 of them and they were actually pretty sweet.

He did a test where he locked in several different ballheads (not saying which ones lol) and locked in a rifle and hit the rifle stock the exact same then timed how long it took, looking through the scope, to see how long it took for the vibrations to stop. most heads were in the 10+ sec range to return to zero movement. His ball head was 4 seconds...interesting stuff.

How much was your setup?

are you asking about the tripod? or everything in my pic? lol

GL!
DT