• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colorado Tripod - Rocky Mountain Tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were suppose to be ready in a couple weeks like a year ago. At this point might as well just get RRS and forget these guys exist

They exist. Or at least they did. I seen and got to use the prototype a couple years ago at Frank's range. Story last year was Covid. Not sure what the excuse is now. I'll buy one when (read IF) they ever make it to the shelf.

I saw one at a match a couple of weeks ago. My next tripod will be a TFCT with the integrated anvil 30 for weight and packability. But the model I saw down at blue steel ranch was more than up to the task.

They exist. Or at least they did. I seen and got to use the prototype a couple years ago at Frank's range. Story last year was Covid. Not sure what the excuse is now. I'll buy one when (read IF) they ever make it to the shelf.

In the firearms market, buy what you can when you can. We're talking about a realm where it's perfectly normal to wait 2-3 years from the shot show release to actually be in stores.

Anyone who waits on a product to come to market and be in stock is just going to end up disappointed.

In the firearms market, buy what you can when you can. We're talking about a realm where it's perfectly normal to wait 2-3 years from the shot show release to actually be in stores.

Anyone who waits on a product to come to market and be in stock is just going to end up disappointed.

True. If I didn't already have a CF tripod and head, it would be different. I can afford to wait. Since I already used the prototype of the tripod and head in the OP, I know it won't be a disappointment.

True. If I didn't already have a CF tripod and head, it would be different. I can afford to wait. Since I already used the prototype of the tripod and head in the OP, I know it won't be a disappointment.
Did you use the original one with the bike grip like tightener or the redesign they apparently made?

Any updates on these tripods? In the market for a new tripod and was able to check out an early version at a match a few weeks ago and really liked it.

Any updates on these tripods? In the market for a new tripod and was able to check out an early version at a match a few weeks ago and really liked it.
I'd suggest staying away.

They did put out an initial run. The tripod is good quality. They haven't put out the ballheads that are extremely overdue. RRS got crap for putting out their ball heads a couple months delayed. I think these guys are now years late. I would not go with them as I don't have trust I'd actually get my equipment.

Like I said, the tripod is good, the company has proven not to be, in my opinion.

Good to know. The one I checked out was fantastic. But it must have been an early run or a proto type. It was labeled colorado tripod company.

Well guess gotta keep saving for a RRS

Bringing the thread back for one last update:

Just a late update for anyone that is still interested, I don't think the phone numbers on both the card sent with the tripod and on both websites work. I get an operator and just leave a message sadly.

One of my caps is snapped and gaskets is broken and I just wanted to know where to get a replacement. No luck yet. I would highly suggest a Two Vets at this point if anyone is still looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.