• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colt 633 challenge

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    Does anyone have any photo's of the Colt 633 Department of Energy 9mm sub-gun actually being used by DOE, NEST, or OST personnel?
    1590804892491.png

I would love to see a demo of the IADs for one of the OST teams under ambush. Heard they carry some pretty nasty shit and can bring alot of hate very quickly.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    I usually have good Google-fu. But struck out. A few in the hands of builders. But none in the field.

NEST and DoE stuff was pretty low profile and often classified up the ying yang. But I think NASA swat had them, too and no pictures of them either.

Maybe write to DoE and ask for photos. They will supply them as gummint photos are public domain. Unless classified. Tell them it’s for a historical display.

cheers, Sirhr

It looks slick, so does the LeFrance M16K, but at the end of the day it's pretty hard to beat a modern FF'd bbl., Geissele 3 gun or SSP trigger and a JP FMOS BCG... Though I know that's not what Buffalo is asking, just saying.

I always wondered who at Colt comes up with some of the shit they make, some of it makes zero sense, is over built/engineered or is several years behind the curve.

Okay, all that said, where do I get my upper?

Hey Buffalo, FWIW I found a complete port firing gun on Gunbroker. And there's two kits on there that would make one too, one has the upper and stock the other has the open bolt guts. I'm not sure what the legals are on building an open bolt gun like that in semi but the parts are there. Figured you might be interested.

The prototype 633 used the firing port handguards. For the time, this was quite innovative, especially since it pretty much used all common m16 parts except for the bolt, bullet defelctor/cover, and magazine well adapter. Mine runs like a dream.

Ain't what we're lookin' for, but I did find these guys (security personnel at the Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant):
    1590942967257.png

Obviously most of them have MP5s but I'm pretty sure the one in back, second from the right, has a Franchi SPAS-12. I agree with Sirhr; try sending the DOE some messages asking for photos, for historical display/exhibit purposes.

This pic is from the DOE website, of an Atomic Energy Commission courier toting an M3 Grease Gun back in the day, so they might well have some good stuff they'd be willing to share:
    1590943452201.png

I know this is an old post but just FYI, you probably won't get any pics of these "in the wild" from back then. Hubs retired from there and these weren't at the facilities but used by couriers before being replaced. EVERYTHING with his unit was highly classified so I would be very surprised to get any pics at all. I know all of the SpecOps bruisers in here can relate. 👽