• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colt Slick Side A1 Uppers

tiltonwilder

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2010
A friend has a line on "several" of these, and I'm wondering if there is any demand for them for "retro" AR builds. He also has some of the original 1\12 twist skinny Colt barrels with the three prong hiders. And original triangular handguards, as well as fixed stocks with hard rubber butt pad instead of the trapdoor. Just thought I'd ask before he takes them to a gun show and trades them for a bunch of Wolf .223 ammo...

Re: Colt Slick Side A1 Uppers

I think there is a demand. Lots of us old Vietnam vets like them as its as close as you can get to the M16a1 without jumping through ATF hoops.

I have an SP1 just for that reason. As we first got home we didn't want any thing to do with them. But as we mellowed and aged, we want them. Just as many WWII and Korean war vets want M1s and Carbines in their older years.

I think if I had a bunch of uppers from that era, I'd get lowers as close as possible to the SP1, and put them together. Bet you'll find a market.

When I got my White Oak upper, for High Power, I used the lower off my SP1. Felt guilty, like I deserted a friend or fellow soldier. Finely had to get another lower for my WOA and put my SP1 back together. Was able to sleep better at night.

Even got a M7 bayonet to go with my SP1.

Yeap I think there is a market.