• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Columbus, Ohio members...?

Douglas-001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2012
50 miles west of Camp Perry
Going to be there next week training some new hires. Yes, I know it's south of Bowling Green so I will do my best to fit in with the local hillbilly population..
šŸ¤£ anywho....they set me up close to the airport....so where will I find a liquor store with a good selection and where might I stumble across some primers and powder? Gratzi šŸ˜‰

Vance's on Alum Creek Drive has some powder and primers, pricey and no 215m. 20-25 minute drive from airport. They have a location on Cleveland Avenue, but I haven't been in there in years so I don't know what they have there.

Vance's on Alum Creek Drive has some powder and primers, pricey and no 215m. 20-25 minute drive from airport. They have a location on Cleveland Avenue, but I haven't been in there in years so I don't know what they have there.
there is also Vances in Hebron Ohio 20 minutes east of the airport. The Bullet Ranch is a range on the way out.

The food in Ohio sucks, and I mean S U C K S! Take you some seasoning with you, because the food is just aweful. Iā€™ve been to Ohio four times, the last time to Columbus, and man, I just couldnā€™t wait get back home. This was 23 years ago, so maybe itā€™s changed, but I doubt it.

there is also Vances in Hebron Ohio 20 minutes east of the airport. The Bullet Ranch is a range on the way out.
I stopped at the one in Hebron today. some powder, surprisingly lots of small pistol primers ( I don't reload pistol)
Did get some .45 and 9mm on sale.

Reactions: ironpony52
The food in Ohio sucks, and I mean S U C K Take you some seasoning with you, because the food is just aweful. Iā€™ve been to Ohio four times, the last time to Columbus, and man, I just couldnā€™t wait get back home. This was 23 years ago, so maybe itā€™s changed, but I doubt it.

I lived in Columbus in the mid 1990ā€™s and
Loved it there. It was boring but soā€¦ America.

Great food if you knew where to look. Skyline? Ewwww. Wings? World class!!! Steak? The Top is still amazing. Greek? Oh hell yes!!! Square
Pizza? Yupā€¦ Donatos. Cigars? Great places.

I loved living in Columbus. Iā€™d never want
To visit as a tourist . But as a place to live?

World class hometown America.

Sirhr

I lived in Columbus in the mid 1990ā€™s and
Loved it there. It was boring but soā€¦ America.

Great food if you knew where to look. Skyline? Ewwww. Wings? World class!!! Steak? The Top is still amazing. Greek? Oh hell yes!!! Square
Pizza? Yupā€¦ Donatos. Cigars? Great places.

I loved living in Columbus. Iā€™d never want
To visit as a tourist . But as a place to live?

World class hometown America.

Sirhr
I was born and raised in Circleville which is about 20 miles south of Columbus. Now live few miles southeast of outer belt of 270.
The Top is still going, wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary there last year. The food is still great!
Unfortunately there are no good/authentic Greek restaurants anymore. Back when we started dating and got married in the early 2000's there was a great Greek restaurant on South High called Taverna Opa's , food was great, had the coolest bar, which back then you could still light up a cigar with an after dinner drink. Friday and Saturday nights there'd be a belly dancer there. Had our rehearsal dinner there out on the patio. We really miss the place. Labor Day weekend every year is Greekfest put on by Greek Orthodox church. It's on High Street in short north area.
Ribfest in the summer time is really good too.

Grew up in Ohio. Graduated from OSU and lived there for years. Great food if you got away from all the chains.

And now I want a Thurman burger. The original Roosters in German village always had good wings. Way better than BW3.

Grew up in Ohio. Graduated from OSU and lived there for years. Great food if you got away from all the chains.

And now I want a Thurman burger. The original Roosters in German village always had good wings. Way better than BW3.

Back when I was there we had the ā€œoriginalā€ BW3 ā€”one of the few in the chain then. When it was Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck. BW3ā€¦ weck is nasty.

Roosters is good but nothing beats Thurmons wings.

Cheers!

I moved here in 1990 form NY. I have enjoyed living here. The food is good once you know where to go. Pizza is OK will never be NY pizza though.
Lancaster now Hebron, worked in Columbus about half of those years.

^^^ all of the above.

I lived in Marysvilleā€¦ worked in UA.

Place is unrecognizable Now.

There is still a great little Gyro place just down from the old Compuserve Building. Family run and wicked good gyros.

Loved Greek fest!

Sirhr

Back when I was there we had the ā€œoriginalā€ BW3 ā€”one of the few in the chain then. When it was Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck. BW3ā€¦ weck is nasty.

Roosters is good but nothing beats Thurmons wings.

Cheers!

When I was last in town the Gryo Shop in the old Taco Bell on Henderson Rd was still there. Best gyros in town. And if you havenā€™t eaten in a week, order the double meat and you wonā€™t be hungry for another week.

The original BW3 on Woodruff is no longer there. I canā€™t believe they shut it down to move across the street to the corner where Jousters/ThirtsyI used to be.

Thankfully Out-R-Inn is still there.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
^^^ Help me out with this...

What was the name of the chicken joint where you could go at 1 AM and get a 'Bucket of bones." Bascially picked-almost-clean chicken bones breaded and fried. Ultimate drunk food... for those of us who didn't do White Castle!

Cheers,

Lived near campus '90-'96 while getting my engineering degree, then in Hilliard until 2000. There can be no discussion of campus area life without..
1000000516.jpg

Reactions: LuvDog
I still have a couple of glasses from there. It's been a while (obvisouly) but I think it was 15 cents to get this refilled when you brought it back on Wednesdays

glass.JPG

And if you know what this bucket was used for, then we can be friends.

bucket.JPG

We did a day trip back to Columbus last year - High St was unrecognizable. Everything that gave the campus area its character has been replaced with new development. I get a little sentimental about C-bus, having spent most of my 20s there. I could never live there now.
..and if you ever 'enjoyed' one of the buckets without enough help, god, were the last couple of glasses at the end awful.

Reactions: LuvDog
Bucket of beerā€¦ instead of pitcher. Down just off OSU campus by Lane Avenue. I think a whole bucket of beer was $7. Maybe that was just one day a week.

Yup. This bucket was taken from Jousters on the corner of Lane and High. It was called ā€œThirsty Iā€ when I first started college and changed its name to Jousters sometime during my years there.

It was $6. All the south campus bars had similar specials. PaPa Joes had buckets too.I think Purity had $1 gallon pitchers on Wednesdays

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
All I can recall of High Street is Surf City for a little Hang On Sloopy, Apolloā€™s for some fine gyros, and Buckeye Donuts. Also a slice from Salā€™s Pizza.

Tommyā€™s pizza used to be awesome, but that
Place sucks now. Pizza ok. Service is just off the charts pathetic. Like itā€™s a privilege to get one of their pizzas.

Sirhr

Yup. This bucket was taken from Jousters on the corner of Lane and High. It was called ā€œThirsty Iā€ when I first started college and changed its name to Jousters sometime during my years there.

It was $6. All the south campus bars had similar specials. PaPa Joes had buckets too.I think Purity had $1 gallon pitchers on Wednesdays

Joustersā€¦ yup! I knew the place not the name.

Who sold the ā€œbucket of bones?ā€ It was a thing in the mid-1990ā€™s!

Joustersā€¦ yup! I knew the place not the name.

Who sold the ā€œbucket of bones?ā€ It was a thing in the mid-1990ā€™s!

I donā€™t know about the bucket of bones. Around what area?

Uncle Nicks had great fried chicken

One of my roommates was a bouncer at Jousters in '91-'92, so we spent a bit of time there.
I worked for years with a bunch of life-long Columbus natives, never once heard about the bucket o' bones. But they did introduce me to Hoggy's, and I still miss that place.

I donā€™t know about the bucket of bones. Around what area?

Uncle Nicks had great fried chicken

It was somewhere ā€¦ north between high street and Dublin if memory serves. Maybe on Henderson. Or near the awesome book store in the church. Canā€™t remember the name of that either but itā€™s gone now. Spent a ton of money there!

Sirhr