• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Commemorative Hitch Cover Fronts

Big Dog Steel

Premium AR500 Targets
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2008
Lima, OH
www.bigdogsteel.com
ripskull.jpg

Product can be purchased here - Commemorative Hitch Cover Front

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Product Description</span></span>

We have been working on a tribute to fallen heroes Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield. We will be offering up for sale a new Commemorative Hitch Cover with which you can proudly display and honor these two great patriots.

We have worked diligently with our local suppliers and will be able to donate ALL of the proceeds from the sale of the front covers directly to their respective trusts. Out of the $67.25, $50 will be split evenly between Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield's respective trusts. The remaining $17.25 will go towards shipping and what we pay for our website and Credit Card processing fees. No one, including us, will make any money from the sale of the covers.

The Commemorative Hitch Cover Fronts will fit all of our existing skull hitch cover backs. Simply unbolt the old front cover and bolt on the new one. We will make backs available if you need them. However, you do not need to purchase the rear section of the hitch covers for the donation to go to their trusts! The front covers would look nice just about anywhere or on anything. Like our other skull hitch covers these will have a nice bright white automotive grade powder coat applied to them.

The folks at these companies stepped up to help make this possible. Please take a moment to call, email or visit their sites and let them know you appreciate their generosity. With their help we are able to make 50 fronts that will allow us to donate $2,500. Only 50 of these fronts will be produced and I am sure they will go fast.

Brown Industrial - Home

Nick's Plating - Nick's Plating home page - chrome, nickel, zinc custom plating

Omni Manufacturing - About | Omni Manufacturing Inc.

May the families of these fallen Heroes be granted peace in these troubled times.

DONATIONS WERE MADE DIRECTLY TO THE FAMILY TRUSTS ON 04/10/2013. For anyone interested in seeing the donation receipts please email [email protected].

Thank You to all who participated and showed their support!

Last edited:
Re: Commemorative Hitch Cover Fronts

Thank you for doing something like this. It has been awesome to see the people and companies step up to help them.

I know it won't bring their husbands/fathers back, but I hope the Kyle and Littlefield families never want for anything material/monetary ever again.

Kudos to Big Dog Steel for coordinating this, and all involved with contributions for a very worthy cause.

Kevin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawman556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want one. Can I buy a separate backing plate without the front? </div></div>

I would also like one. Would like to buy a bare backing plate for it though. Also interested in illumination

I would also like one. But I also need a back / mount for it. Please tell me how to go about getting one with a back.

Guys,

We will have the backs up for sale on Monday. I am still trying to finalize one more number so we can hopefully offer them at a reduced rate. Most everyone else does not have weekend hours to work out the details. If you ordered a front you can get a back. You will not be charged additional shipping.

The backs will be available with or without the LED lighting package. However, due to the nature of these commemorative covers the LED's will be a constant on. That means when you have your lights on these will be on...just like running lights on a trailer. They will not flash with your turn signals or brakes. I think we need to be careful with how we honor these guys and a constant on seems more appropriate.

Thanks!

I would like a complete one, as I don't currently have one of your products. Please let me know how to order a complete unit. Thanks!

I'd be interested in a complete hitch cover, please let me know how to purchase, thanks!

Guys the back plates will be listed as an add on or accessory on the same page as the commemorative hitch covers. You won't be able to miss it. I need to keep the back plates as a separate item to be able to better track the front covers. You will just order both parts and we will ship them together. The back plates will not available with anything else.

Placed my order. Give me a call or e-mail when you are ready to do the backs. I put a note on my order.

Thanks for doing this.

Big Dog
Trouble purchasing via your website. Email sent.
Thanks
Elija

This a great idea, I need a complete set. I'll shoot over to the web site.

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Back plates are up.

They can be found here - http://www.bigdogsteel.com/cohicofr.html

All you have to do is add one to the cart. If you purchase a back plate we will just assume that you purchased a front plate and match your orders up prior to shipping. So, if you already have a front plate and need a back plate order away.

Just ordered the back to go with the front. It's a good thing you and everyone involved is doing. Thanks

How do the LEDs wire up? Just into the standard harness that I use for my trailer lights?

Excellent. Just placed my order for a front, back, and led lights.

Status Report - So all the fronts are cut. They look badass can't wait to get these finished! I will be trying desperately to get everything welded up by early next week. Then these have to go to the platers to be cleaned and etched. They are donating time and material to get this done so we are subject to their schedule. Then on to powder coat. The powder coaters are running white in (2) weeks. As soon as these are powder coat we will start shipping them out. ETA for your covers to arrive is approx. 3 weeks assuming everything holds. When the project is complete we will submit the total donation to the trusts! We still have about 15 left so please help spread the word. Again this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to have these truly one of a kind hitch covers that will help a good cause. I will NEVER make these again, so please do not ask me to do it after this run is complete. I want to hold true to the spirit of this and do this one time to benefit only CK, CL and their respective families.

Thanks!

I ordered one thank you and all the other contributors.

Thanks for all the comments...the covers are being cleaned and should be back in my hands mid week. There are a few odds and ends that have to be done once they are back, but they should be at powder coat by the end of this week. The covers should be powder coat sometime next week and will start shipping immediately once they are back from coating.

The powder coaters are basically donating automotive grade white, so for these covers you can have whatever color you want so long as it is white. ;-)

has anybody received their cover? I got a notice from USPS that a shipping label has been made, but the package doesnt seem to have shipped. Any update?

About a dozen made it out on Saturday and the majority of them went out today. I still have about 10 left to get shipped out tomorrow, but the remainder should all be shipped.

Attachments

• CKCL Hitch Cover.jpg
    CKCL Hitch Cover.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 18
Received mine today - a work of art!

Thanks again to all involved for a worthwhile cause.

Kevin

I ordered mine a few days ago. Told a friend about them and he's interested are their anymore available?