• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Compact air compressor?

stello1001

Professional Newb
Minuteman
  • Feb 20, 2017
    Corpus Christi TX
    Hello all,

Not sure there is a right section for this but figured this might be a good topic to discuss while at the bar.

Does anyone know or can anyone recommend a decent air compressor for minimal at home use? My dad is looking to add one to his tool room. I think all he has for use with an air compressor is a nail gun. He would also use it for tires that are low.

Really looking for anything 8 gallons give or take. Not really a big fan of Husky products from Home Depot but I do believe they have lifetime warranty if I'm not mistaken. Also considering Kobalt. Everything I've seen has very mixed reviews so that makes it tough to swing my decision one particular way. I don't wanna get him some thing that will crap out on him after 3 uses.

Thanks,

Serg

Is this a just because or a Christmas gift?
    Get a pancake compressor kit with nail guns, Senco,Hitachi or Bostich.

Reactions: Charger442
    He wants one just because so I want to get him one. The part where this is a Christmas gift or not I have not decided yet lol. I'm not sure if I should just get him one now or wrap one up and give it to him on the 25th.

I'll look into that, thanks for the suggestion.

Whats your budget?
    Gas powered or electric?
    My short list would be quincy or champion.

The Emglo compressors are solid. My personal trim compressor is probably 15 years old and has been pushed way harder than it should have been able to handle without a hiccup. Even running multiple roofing guns in the heat of summer.
    Plus they are made in the USA

Reactions: stello1001
    image.jpg
    oiled stupid quite have never popped a breaker with this one.

If it’s for tire and small nail /staple/Brad gun you can get a 1-2 gallon and still not out run it.

like said above a small pancake is more than enough.

Reactions: stello1001
    I should add, I'm a carpenter. I use these things most days. The Makita is in my shop and the Dewalt is in my work truck. I use the Dewalt almost every day. Had this one for 5 years I think. Overall it's been one of my favorite compressors.

Kobalt Quiet works great.
    Ive had a California air and although they are very quiet, they are Chinese cheap and fall apart very quickly. And their warranty/service is atrocious

Emglo is solid!

also, really liking the new dewalts

My Hitachi is heavy and doesn’t like the cold. Pops internal circuit breaker on first start in cold months inside my garage. Puts out quite a bit of air, can run 2 framers but I can‘t recommend it

My pancake is 15 years old and hasn’t missed a lick. Used it to texture walls and ceilings but light enough to fill up and carry to air up flat tire on tractor.