• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Compact critter SBR

bnanaphone

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2010
St. Louis
I had a need to dispatch trash bandits without the effort of maneuvering a .22 in a chassis and heavy 18" barrel + 6" can into position. I kicked around the idea of what would make this specific tool useful. It needs to be compact, quiet and have relatively fast follow up. I started piecing things together and finally got my stamp back to make things official.

I started with a VQ Summit receiver for closed-bolt suppression and quick follow up shots. I already had a Boyds Tacticool stock on hand and added a KIDD 10" SS barrel and figured I would go all out with a 2-stage KIDD trigger group. Since a little magnification never hurts, I put a PST 1-4 MRAD on top so I can adjust for drop at 30 yards. Lastly, I buried a Magpul handstop in the forend so I don't lose the tip of my index finger.

In all, I have it zeroed at 50 yards and hits on a 3" gong are easily repeatable. My limiting factor is magnification, but this strictly a fun gun that lives up to its purpose.

Attachments

• Critter Getter.jpg
    Critter Getter.jpg
    869.7 KB · Views: 223
What kind of velocity are you getting? I'd think the barrel length neuters ft/lbs on something that needs all the speed it can get while staying subsonic for animals that are pretty resilient.

I run this and its wrecked shop for anything its come upon. 6-18 on top and 40yd zero. CCI subs and SV running 1050fps. Its even dare I say fast to manipulate. Its a tad long....sure. And the adjustable objective sucks balls. But if I wanted to do CQB with a herd of trash pandas....a semi auto is the only answer unless I'm bringing friends.

FB_IMG_1608000834676.jpg

It can face shoot stuff at 100yds...and has been very reliable.
20210601_205341.jpg

20210601_205344.jpg

I have not had a chance to get chrono data yet, just got everything together a couple weeks ago. I have a different rifle for anything over 50 yards that does great to 200+. This was more of a proof of concept to eliminate small game at very short range. Primarily, getting through the house and to a window for shots. This is not a walking in the woods gun. It was just a fun project I actually saw through.

Looks like your rifle does great for its intended distances and targets. Simple and effective, can't ask for much more.

Seeing this makes me want to build one, just because it’s ridiculously cool but currently living in NY kinda puts a damper on it.

We Farm and hav poultry houses. My Critter vetter is a Tippmann AR22 pistol w 5” bbll. Put a Holosun 510 and mounted a light on it. Hav SiCo 22 suppressor also. It is Critter killn machine. So far the Tippmann has been dependable, it just likes to be ran wet

Reactions: nikonNUT
That could be an option, but I can't stand arm braces. They look and feel crappy to me. I prefer to have the barrel length I want in a stock and I am willing to pay the price for that.