Comparable scopes to the STRIKE EAGLE® 5-25X56 FFP

shekelscribe

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2020
Hello, new poster here. I don't know too much about long range shooting, and for my first build I am looking at buying a decent scope. I'm looking at the Strike Eagle 5-25x56mm, and I wanted to know are there any comparable scopes in that price range from other manufacturers? What do you guys recommend?

Shane431

Captain
Belligerents
Feb 20, 2017
Frisco, TX
Do you get mil discount? If so, it’s a great scope for the money. If not I’d call Doug at Cameralandny and ask about the Bushnell LRTS 4.5-18.

Reactions: stilesg57

BCP

Lt. Colonel
Belligerents
Dec 4, 2008
CA
Cameralandny should have some deals going on stieiner p4xi and meopta optika6 too.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug

fdkay

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2009
Ingleside, Tx
Hello, new poster here. I don't know too much about long range shooting, and for my first build I am looking at buying a decent scope. I'm looking at the Strike Eagle 5-25x56mm, and I wanted to know are there any comparable scopes in that price range from other manufacturers? What do you guys recommend?
I have a SE 5-25 in hand for evaluation.
So far, it seems like a solid piece of kit for the price. It is pretty light which makes me worry about robustness.
What I've noticed with a VERY quick range trip:
Glass is really decent, not great.
The reticle is awesome.
The parallax seems a bit touchy.
The reticle focus seems a bit touchy.
Disclaimer: I have astigmatism and the above might not pertain to you.
Adjustments seem solid, the clicks have a bit of vagueness. The sample that I have, someone removed the o ring on the windage, those adjustments are crisper and more noticeable than the elevation.
I removed the elevation and put some very slick grease I have that is elastomer friendly. That improved the feel.
I would love to compare it directly to a Midas Tac 5-25.
The Athlon lacks illumination, which would leave me to believe that the money went to other things.
They are very similar in price, with the Athlon coming in a bit higher than the Vortex.

jetjock07

Can I get a Mulligan
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2020
Athlon Midas Tac 5-25x56. It has more internal adjustment than the SE. Only thing is doesn’t have is an illuminated reticle. It’s a little more but you can do some hunting around and find a deal.

hookedonbrass

[ ]
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 16, 2018
Montpelier, Virginia
for $500 or less that you can get this scope at - i think it's hard to beat. i just picked one up for my wife's 6BR.

comes with an aluminum throw lever, sunshade, illuminated reticle. mag ring is not stiff. locking turrets. decent glass and a useful reticle.

it's a fantastic entry level scope that will take awhile to grow out of.

Gatorshark

kaboom
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2018
I've been using "entry-level" scopes for a couple of decades now, they keep getting better and better.
Arken EP-4 is one example. Crazy how much scope you get for the money.